Grumpy Old Man Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: Grumpy Old Man Thread

Postby the flying pig » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:50 pm

black friday - black shiteday, more like. very few genuine bargains on stuff that you'd actually want to buy at this time of yr.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Nov 29, 2019 1:31 pm

the flying pig wrote:black friday - black shiteday, more like. very few genuine bargains on stuff that you'd actually want to buy at this time of yr.

Something like 15-20% of these deals are actually cheaper.

Avoid the whole thing and hit the January sales only when you've tracked prices thru Xmas.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:54 pm

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Nov 30, 2019 1:59 pm

Bloody car insurers.

Send me my renewal, I do the usual thing of checking online on an aggregator and I get a quote that's forty quid less - from my current insurer.

So I ring them, they say, 'Righto, we'll match the online quote, just need to check all the details are the same'. So he's got my renewal and the online offer on screen and he runs through the questions to check the answers are all the same. Computer now quotes nearly £200 more.

He says the best thing I can do is accept the online quote. Fine, I do, but it suggests the whole bullshit game is some massive made-up fraud, no?

:scratch: :thumbd:

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Nov 30, 2019 7:33 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Bloody car insurers.

Send me my renewal, I do the usual thing of checking online on an aggregator and I get a quote that's forty quid less - from my current insurer.

So I ring them, they say, 'Righto, we'll match the online quote, just need to check all the details are the same'. So he's got my renewal and the online offer on screen and he runs through the questions to check the answers are all the same. Computer now quotes nearly £200 more.

He says the best thing I can do is accept the online quote. Fine, I do, but it suggests the whole bullshit game is some massive made-up fraud, no?

:scratch: :thumbd:

The only answer is to fuck off to a different insurer (or tell them that's what you're doing). I generally can't be arsed/run out of time because busy but a work mate has a strict policy of not staying if the renewal isn't the best price they can give - usually rings and they very quickly knock £50 off, he'll leave even if its the cheapest quote he can find and make a point of telling them why.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Nov 30, 2019 8:38 pm

Yeah, I used to go cheap as chips every time but had a couple of irritating experiences with bargain basement outfits (charges for changing cars etc) so I’m happier to stick with what I know unless there’s a major problem.

I would also note that in the latest 18 months I’ve had a speeding fine and a minor knock, and that’s clearly induced a much more variable range of quotes

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:58 pm

Where’s the thread for fucking furious old men?
Or one for prospective employers being utter cunts?
I like it. What is it?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:28 pm

Devi wrote:Where’s the thread for fucking furious old men?
Or one for prospective employers being utter cunts?

Ask Ponte.

Return to “The Square Ball”