Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Eddies Boots

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby Eddies Boots » Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:24 am

welshwhite wrote:
Vampire wrote:For comparison, the Australian Citizenship Test

Huge controversy when they removed the question on Don Bradman’s test average, but I still think you’ll find it easier than the UK one.

19 out of 20

I passed the test :thumbl:

But can you swim hundreds of miles across the pacific ocean having escaped the internment camp?

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu Feb 20, 2020 4:07 am

welshwhite wrote:
Vampire wrote:For comparison, the Australian Citizenship Test

Huge controversy when they removed the question on Don Bradman’s test average, but I still think you’ll find it easier than the UK one.

19 out of 20

I passed the test :thumbl:

Well done, Rhys.

You beat BobbyD’s score there. He’s well settled now and enjoying the life. He’ll be really stoked when he hears you’ll soon be joining him for some barbies.

You’ll need an employer to sponsor you though, so I’ve made some inquiries for you at the Australian Reptile Park. They’re always on the look out for new volunteers to collect funnel webs for them.

Most of their volunteers don’t last too long for some reason - but I’m sure you’ll do fine - especially if you follow the tips in their training video (including the first aid at the end):

There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:48 am

Hey, Brett. Is there something wrong with that mans speech, he's ending his sentences rather sharply and louder than the rest of it. And what the fuck is a "spydor"?

I'm loving the fact they called one of the spydors, Dwayne. Ripper! :salute:
If I ever catch one I'll call it Rhys :)

Stay safe, Brett. And if one of those fuckers ever nips you, then you know we're all here for you :thumbl:

I'm spending most of March in Thailand, B. You should make the short journey and join me for a few bottles of cold Leo. The Leeds Utd bar streams all the live games :thumbl:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:53 am

welshwhite wrote:Hey, Brett. Is there something wrong with that mans speech, he's ending his sentences rather sharply and louder than the rest of it. And what the fuck is a "spydor"?

I'm loving the fact they called one of the spydors, Dwayne. Ripper! :salute:
If I ever catch one I'll call it Rhys :)

Stay safe, Brett. And if one of those fuckers ever nips you, then you know we're all here for you :thumbl:

I'm spending most of March in Thailand, B. You should make the short journey and join me for a few bottles of cold Leo. The Leeds Utd bar streams all the live games :thumbl:

Nothing wrong with his speech, Rhys. He emigrated here as a youngster from Wales, and he used to end every sentence sharper and louder with the word “see.” Fortunately, he talks more normally now.

Anyhow, the Reptile Park is looking forward to your arrival. They say when funnel web season ends they can put you on croc duty. The crocs try and swim over the fence when it floods so they need someone to push them back with a broom. The last bloke was unreliable and disappeared altogether in that big downpour we had a couple of weeks ago. They found his broom and boots floating in the water so I guess he must have just taken off - unreliable bludger. One of the crocs is still unaccounted for thanks to him so they definitely need someone with your experience of old crocs from previous marriages.

Not sure Thailand is a good idea with Covid 19, Rhys. Looking at the death rate by sex and age group it seems to be targeting old blokes like us. You might want to rethink that.

Are Leeds doing another pre season tour to God’s Own Country this year? If so, BobbyD, you and me can all go to that together. Booby was disappointed you didn’t join us last year in Parramatta and is looking forward to seeing you again.
:thumbl:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Feb 21, 2020 9:44 am

Taffy had been living in Oz for a few years and was very hungry one day so walks in a Australian Reptile Park canteen and says "G'day, I'll have a Crocodile sandwich - and make it fucking snappy, innit".

Must dash, see!

:basket:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 25, 2020 1:35 pm

Three baboons escape from a Sydney zoo.

How the fuck did they find them among the general population?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:25 am

They’ve relaunched the YP website so it’s less shit.

Not perfect, but significantly less shit definitely.

YP
HM Collector Of Parcels

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:34 pm

HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 27, 2020 5:36 pm

And what happens once they have a country full of ducks then?

Fly in a million captive-bred Habibous to chuck'em all out mebbe...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 27, 2020 6:08 pm

Blackwhite wrote:And what happens once they have a country full of ducks then?

Fly in a million captive-bred Habibous to chuck'em all out mebbe...

Then we shall come an' eyt up t'ducks.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:55 am

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Feb 28, 2020 9:11 pm

This is good

Not just on coronavirus, but on the nature of the global response to disease, vaccines and preparedness.
HM Collector Of Parcels

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:38 pm

Daimler employees can head to the beach this summer without worrying about checking emails, sparing their partners and children the frustration of work-related matters intruding on the family vacation.

The Stuttgart-based car and truckmaker said about 100,000 German employees can now choose to have all their incoming emails automatically deleted when they are on holiday so they do not return to a bulging in-box.

The sender is notified by the “Mail on Holiday” assistant that the email has not been received and is invited to contact a nominated substitute instead. Employees can therefore return from their summer vacation to an empty inbox.

:salute:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:53 pm

Been meaning to try this. Spoke to someone recently who did and said "nothing happened. They just called back."

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Mar 03, 2020 5:47 am

I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:13 am

Devi wrote:Stock photo joy

You know those photos accompanying any newspaper story about a research lab, with the prof in a startlingly virginal white coat, and his postdoc stood next to them holding a Petri dish up to the light; or instead with the prof sat side on to a tissue culture cabinet holding a pipette but obviously not doing anything?

These here are arguably less fake than those :lol:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Mar 05, 2020 6:24 pm

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:12 am

This and more

I like it. What is it?

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:17 pm

OH Yes I'm doing puzzles with Marcelo
For every step,the footprint was already there.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Mar 28, 2020 5:55 am

Glorious

I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”