One for the Stupid Cunts thread, shorely? #Pontesstillasleep

:mrgreen:

eric olthwaite

Re: Entirely SFW Random Link Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 4:04 pm

Devi wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:https://twitter.com/mrjamesob/status/1216348110768820224

One for the Stupid Cunts thread, shorely? #Pontesstillasleep

Given the likely horrific state of Paltrow's minge, I struggle to believe the smell might be pleasant.
HM Collector Of Parcels

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jan 13, 2020 6:13 pm

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 7:31 pm

Whoah

HM Collector Of Parcels

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:34 pm

i sussed the ads that appeared down the side of sites like newsnow were prompted by searches i made on ebay and amazon a while ago. a few months ago i got a surprise when 'ercol furniture' started appearing there when the only prompt had been a conversation i'd had with the wife about some of the stuff my parents like, i suspected and it's since been confirmed that alexa was listening in.

today was a new one for me. this morning one of the metal things above the holes that you wrap the laces round on your boots broke off so in my dinner hour i went into a couple of shops looking for new boots. i got back from home to find the adverts down the side of newsnow advertising boots :shock: . it must be the location services on my google maps grassing me up.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:20 pm

Quiffy wrote:i sussed the ads that appeared down the side of sites like newsnow were prompted by searches i made on ebay and amazon a while ago. a few months ago i got a surprise when 'ercol furniture' started appearing there when the only prompt had been a conversation i'd had with the wife about some of the stuff my parents like, i suspected and it's since been confirmed that alexa was listening in.

today was a new one for me. this morning one of the metal things above the holes that you wrap the laces round on your boots broke off so in my dinner hour i went into a couple of shops looking for new boots. i got back from home to find the adverts down the side of newsnow advertising boots :shock: . it must be the location services on my google maps grassing me up.

Last year a work friend told me about her foot pain after is asked why she was wearing trainers. We were on the platform at kings cross at rush hour at the time. When I checked Facebook later in the day it was advertising insoles to me. I have no doubt at all my phone had heard the conversation.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:22 pm

Somewhat paradoxically, my daughter has a Google Pixel phone and the settings allow her to get very picky about what location settings does and how it interfaces with ad information.

However, on my iPhone it seems I can do fuck all beyond switching location on/off.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 13, 2020 10:25 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Somewhat paradoxically, my daughter has a Google Pixel phone and the settings allow her to get very picky about what location settings does and how it interfaces with ad information.

However, on my iPhone it seems I can do fuck all beyond switching location on/off.

This is part of why I also Pixel.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:03 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Quiffy wrote:i sussed the ads that appeared down the side of sites like newsnow were prompted by searches i made on ebay and amazon a while ago. a few months ago i got a surprise when 'ercol furniture' started appearing there when the only prompt had been a conversation i'd had with the wife about some of the stuff my parents like, i suspected and it's since been confirmed that alexa was listening in.

Last year a work friend told me about her foot pain after is asked why she was wearing trainers. We were on the platform at kings cross at rush hour at the time. When I checked Facebook later in the day it was advertising insoles to me. I have no doubt at all my phone had heard the conversation.

Black Mirror is now.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:55 am

Delete your Facebook, throw out your echoes*, dots etc., Turn off the constant listening on your phone. I'm not kidding.

A bit pointless as Snowden showed that your mic can be activated remotely by the spooks, but hey. Just don't pop into their radar.

* Not that one. Calm down Dirty.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

FER

Postby FER » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:50 am

Also, there the YT vid (which may have been linked here previously) of the guy who shows you exactly what Google is collecting and using, and how deep you need to go into google settings to find and disable all the shit.
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am

Worth remembering (and you can check the early investors to convince yourselves) the primary truths: Google is an advertising and marketing platform. Facebook is a surveillance platform.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:29 pm

Spoiler!
Did no one see Doctor Who on New Years Day?

;-)
I like it. What is it?

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Jan 16, 2020 4:53 pm

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:20 pm

‘Would you like to leave your body to advance medical science?’

‘Ooh, yes please, could you chuck me outside in a skip and see if cats eat me when I go a bit rancid?’
HM Collector Of Parcels

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:29 am

Grammar hell
I like it. What is it?

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Jan 17, 2020 10:17 am

Devi wrote:Grammar hell

A few more, although not actually grammar:
1. Lost souls who can't differentiate between lose and loose ( I would normally have put these words as "lose" etc, leaving me stuck in the Third Circle)
2. People who take their phones into the bathroom at 6 in the morning
3. People who believe they are the 1% who offer correct opinions, whilst everyone else is hard of thinking

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Jan 17, 2020 11:25 am

How's life in the 8th Eric?
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:48 pm

metalsmurf wrote:

How's life in the 8th Eric?

Haven't met the cunt, though the thought that there are seven others out there is pretty disturbing.
HM Collector Of Parcels

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jan 17, 2020 4:50 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:2. People who take their phones into the bathroom at 6 in the morning

:mrgreen:

Forward planning and logistics, pal. Check whether the trains are running OK and what the weather in That London looks like, whilst having a dump. All about efficient programme management.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Return to “The Square Ball”