Occasional statto attack

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby welshwhite » Wed Sep 25, 2019 8:12 am

I'm sure if the Six Million Dollar Man gave more playing minutes to two of the best players at the club those stats would improve.

I always thought he'd not start Costa and Eddie because maybe they were not quite fully fit.
That's obviously not the case anymore.

I'm also fully confident that they'd also be happy in putting in a little defensive work to help when we've not got the ball.


I just hope he's not being pig headed to try to prove some kind of point.

Side before self.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Oct 27, 2019 6:17 pm

Who was it who said they always look at how we performed against the same opposition last season? Anyway, thought I'd put that in a table, with a little bit of poetic license for the relegated/promoted sides - I've lined up the yorkshire sides otherwise gone by final league position. It could be argued that we're 3 points behind last season via a different approach.
After 14 games.png

User avatar
kennyb41
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 am

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby kennyb41 » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Fck me i wish i hadn't had a drink, think i'll look at that tomorrow.

:drunk:
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Oct 27, 2019 9:16 pm

kennyb41 wrote:Fck me i wish i hadn't had a drink, think i'll look at that tomorrow.

:drunk:

Generally we've dropped points where we shouldn't have against teams we beat last season. Offset by righting a few wrongs.

Bielsa still hasn't beaten Forest or Garry Monk after 3 attempts at each.

... And we won't play any of the relegated PL sides until December - no idea of the stats on it but should imagine it's generally advantageous to play them early before they've got their act together (Huddersfield now unbeaten in 6 for example).

The next 4 are fixtures we won last season.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Quiffy » Mon Nov 04, 2019 6:25 pm

:salute:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Nov 04, 2019 7:19 pm

Quiffy wrote::salute:


I'm surprised that he's had 29 shots in the 9 games since the start of Sept, given that he's (twice?) been subbed at half-time. I thought he was a tad unlucky on Saturday, in that he kept his cool to round the keeper rather than blasting a shot into the South Stand, only to be foiled by a good tackle and the goal disallowed for offside looked a marginal decision.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Quiffy » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:17 pm

increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:50 pm

So if this has been a 100% November, we just add 42% to all the other months, right?

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:56 pm

Quiffy wrote:https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/1202231496267960322


It's true then: we are bottlers.

User avatar
Ontolly
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 pm
Location: Shrewsbury

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Ontolly » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:53 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:https://twitter.com/LUFCDATA/status/1202231496267960322


It's true then: we are bottlers.

I'd have gone with 'April fools'
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:26 pm

WGUAFC


Approaching 75% chance of finishing top with only a 3rd of the season gone, shit like this only exists us to challenge us to fail harder than we've failed before.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:36 pm

Always loved your optimism, Phil :lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:43 pm

It's a gift.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:38 am

More worryingly, I think it’s saying a 93.3% chance of finishing top two. That 6.7% there is looking sensationally Leedsy.

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:01 am

Without being too manic-depressive about the fear of failure, don't the algorithms work on a business as usual scenario and therefore don't take account of possibilities such as loan re-calls, goalkeeper suspensions, EFL sanctions for unspecified wrongdoing? However I still agree with Phil about WGUAFC.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Occasional statto attack

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:03 pm

Wild one I’ve seen, make of it what you will:

01 01 1990: Leeds Utd 1st place Second Division, finished 1st

01 01 2000: Leeds Utd 1st place Premier League, finished 3rd

01 01 2010: Leeds Utd 1st place League One, finished 2nd

01 01 2020: ?


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Leeds0269, Quiffy, Tycipa, Yeboah and 19 guests