Film Review Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: Film Review Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:36 pm

Had cause to recall that Locke thing today. Site I'm on at the minute is completing a properly big concrete pour today: over 3000 cu m poured continuously over three days; best part of 500 truckloads at about 6 or 7 per hour, 24 hours a day. Anyway: Locke said it was the biggest non-nuclear pour in Europe or something, at 355 tonnes. Firstly, no one describes concrete in tonnes, it's always cubic metres. Secondly 355 tonnes is about 160 cu m, or less than half a piss. Maybe 20-25 truckloads, not the 200 odd mentioned in the film. I find it bizarre that they'd go to the effort of establishing the mise-en-scene with a bit of expert knowledge, then get it completely wrong. Why not just ask someone and put some meaningful numbers in?

As far as I'm aware, ours was still nothing like a record breaker, but it still went off without anyone getting pregnant or divorced, giving birth etc. Which is nice.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:48 pm

FER wrote:Final Score

The only reason I watched this was because it was set in a footy stadium. I was very much expecting a load of bollocks. I was not disappointed.

If you've seen Die Hard and Taken, then you've got the plot of this bag of shite all sewn up. It's set at Upton Park for the 'last match' which is a Euro semi-final (!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: ) against 'Dynamo FC' and stars Dave Bautista (I think he was a wrestler and is very much in The Rock mould). Think of being at ER and nobody in the whole stadium notices that there's a bloke riding a motorbike across the roof of one of the stands, and that nobody notices the chopper hovering 10 foot above the stadium, and that nobody notices when said biker bloke then falls and hangs off the edge of the roof of the stand over the pitch and proceeds to climb down back into the stand. Nobody bats a fucking eyelid! Utter, utter shit!

The plot is thin, the acting isn't great and it will have you shouting "Bollocks to that!" at the screen

3/10

Dave Bautista ~ Drax :salute:
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:08 am

I saw Lucky yesterday, Harry Dean Stanton’s (PBUH) last major role. It’s lovely - well, as lovely as a film about a 90 year old coming to terms with his imminent death could be.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:44 pm

Watched ‘do you want to win’ on amazon prime. I really enjoyed it. Two thing stood out though, fotherby seemed like quite a likeable chancer and Strachan is an absolute legend!
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Return to “The Square Ball”