t'premier leeg.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: t'premier leeg.

Postby the flying pig » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:46 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:I just saw the clip of Henderson’s offside VAR.

Jesus, properly silly stuff.

I really don't like Liverpool but christ that offside and the king fu kick on Van Dijk! They've really been screwed today!

bad tackle, no question.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:20 pm

Quite pleasing to see the scum pull off a thoroughly convincing victory and soar to the dizzying heights of . . .

14th.

As long as it keeps Ole at the wheel though, eh?
Member of a clique

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:32 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Quite pleasing to see the scum pull off a thoroughly convincing victory and soar to the dizzying heights of . . .

14th.

Yeah just when he looks like hes going to be sacked he always pulls out a few wins. I'm happy with that as it extends the agony!

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:31 pm

Some Other results still to come in of course but as it stands a 1-0 win against wolves takes us 2nd in the table

Incredible

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:18 am

So Aguero puts his hand on the neck of lino Sian Massey-Ellis and nowt is to be done? That's not right.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:42 am

dirty leeds wrote:So Aguero puts his hand on the neck of lino Sian Massey-Ellis and nowt is to be done? That's not right.

Been on my high horse about this on social media and elsewhere. I don’t want to be one of those male white knight types but that little moment portrayed a micro aggression/sleaziness that I would imagine many women who have ever defied a certain type of man would recognise. Makes you wonder what sort of character Aguero really is behind closed doors.
Keep Fighting

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:45 am

AndyPaul wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Quite pleasing to see the scum pull off a thoroughly convincing victory and soar to the dizzying heights of . . .

14th.

Yeah just when he looks like hes going to be sacked he always pulls out a few wins. I'm happy with that as it extends the agony!

Let them be excited by this result. Only just seen the highlights this morning. It's bloody Newcastle. They were awful. No pressing at all from them. I mean, I saw an unchallenged mazy run in midfield from their fat left back.

They'll come crashing back down to earth next week when they play PSG.
B-N-L

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 9:52 am

MightyWhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:So Aguero puts his hand on the neck of lino Sian Massey-Ellis and nowt is to be done? That's not right.

Been on my high horse about this on social media and elsewhere. I don’t want to be one of those male white knight types but that little moment portrayed a micro aggression/sleaziness that I would imagine many women who have ever defied a certain type of man would recognise. Makes you wonder what sort of character Aguero really is behind closed doors.

Yeah, I don't suppose for a second he'd have done it to a male lino. And whether male or female, officials should not be touched like that. There was nothing 'matey' in it. Needs stepping on.

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:10 am

MightyWhite wrote:

I saw this on MOTD this morning. My first thought was, typical guy who obviously doesn't have any respect for women. It's a strange one. If the lino was male, would he have done that? Was it a spur if the moment reaction, where he just wanted to get his point across?

It does give you pause for thought though and you wonder if there is another side to him. Or are we reading too much into it?

By all accounts he seems like a nice guy, loves his Mother and was brought up with four sisters. I often find that when you are brought up with women you respect them more.

Either that or you become a sociopath, who kills or abuses women.
B-N-L

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:22 am

He needs pulling up for this.
You don't put a hand on match officials under any circumstances, and moreso if it's a woman.
Not a hanging offence, and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean anything by it. Word is that he's a decent bloke, totally respectful, but Sian must have been made to feel uncomfortable ... at best.
It can't go unmentioned.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:23 am

MightyWhite wrote:

Just had a look at this on the Twatter.
a) Yes, unacceptable.
b) The fucking replies.
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 10:29 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Just had a look at this on the Twatter.
a) Yes, unacceptable.
b) The fucking replies.

Some very muddled thinking going on, isn't there?
First up, you don't touch officials - it should always be stamped on. Doesn't matter whether male or female: can't be allowed to happen.
Secondly, the person in this scenario making it 'about her being a woman' is actually Aguero - because 100% he wouldn't have done it to a man.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:10 am

dirty leeds wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:Just had a look at this on the Twatter.
a) Yes, unacceptable.
b) The fucking replies.

Some very muddled thinking going on, isn't there?
First up, you don't touch officials - it should always be stamped on. Doesn't matter whether male or female: can't be allowed to happen.
Secondly, the person in this scenario making it 'about her being a woman' is actually Aguero - because 100% he wouldn't have done it to a man.

Is stamping allowed now?

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:19 am

Mustafaster wrote:

You don't put a hand on match officials under any circumstances, and moreso if it's a woman.
Not a hanging offence, and I'm pretty sure he didn't mean anything by it. Word is that he's a decent bloke, totally respectful, but Sian must have been made to feel uncomfortable ... at best.
It can't go unmentioned.

Spot on - it was definitely unpleasant and I suspect made her feel uncomfortable. Btw she handled it very well - quick brush off and get on with it

I don't want to see aguero punished as not every thing is a hanging offence, but he should be reminded that this isn't acceptable.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:57 am

Arnieb wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

It can't go unmentioned.

Spot on - it was definitely unpleasant and I suspect made her feel uncomfortable. Btw she handled it very well - quick brush off and get on with it

I don't want to see aguero punished as not every thing is a hanging offence, but he should be reminded that this isn't acceptable.

Ought to have been booked at the time.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:59 am

Watching Sheff U v Fulham. Both teams the same as before - Sheff U looking workmanlike but can't finish their chances; Fulham shite at the back but have some flair going forward. No score at half-time. Has the feel of a decent quality Championship match. Probably what it will be next season.

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Arnieb wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:

It can't go unmentioned.

This.
B-N-L

BC

Postby BC » Sun Oct 18, 2020 12:35 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Watching Sheff U v Fulham. Both teams the same as before - Sheff U looking workmanlike but can't finish their chances; Fulham shite at the back but have some flair going forward. No score at half-time. Has the feel of a decent quality Championship match. Probably what it will be next season.

Aye. Sheff U well drilled, but without any real class, Fulham just a bit of an all round shambles.

A manager change for Fulham could give them some sort of hope of survival, but you imagine it will be too late.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 18, 2020 1:00 pm

BC wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Watching Sheff U v Fulham. Both teams the same as before - Sheff U looking workmanlike but can't finish their chances; Fulham shite at the back but have some flair going forward. No score at half-time. Has the feel of a decent quality Championship match. Probably what it will be next season.

Aye. Sheff U well drilled, but without any real class, Fulham just a bit of an all round shambles.

A manager change for Fulham could give them some sort of hope of survival, but you imagine it will be too late.

Mitrovic had a stormer - gave the ball away almost every time he had it in the first half, missed a pen, gave away a pen at the other end [which Sheff U scored], then capped it all off by missing a simple header to win it at the death. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

BC

Postby BC » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:13 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
BC wrote:

Mitrovic had a stormer - gave the ball away almost every time he had it in the first half, missed a pen, gave away a pen at the other end [which Sheff U scored], then capped it all off by missing a simple header to win it at the death. Couldn't happen to a nicer chap.

He's great. Diego Costa presence, ade akinbiyi output (in the PL at least)

Return to “The Square Ball”