Because wives

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Because wives

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 5:50 pm

jackos wrote:
the flying pig wrote:will have to be cheaper [because budget etc] than the current booking and probably also more expensive [because stingy bastard, don't want to slum it etc] than the last place.

i've got this.

We holiday in the UK every year and I'm often surprised by how much it costs compared to a fortnight in the Med. I suppose we have the added cost of flights and car rental, but a week at a Butlins or Certer Parcs we easily cost over 2000. Always seemed like a lot to me for what they offer so we always end up renting a house somewhere, even that can be expensive a normal year, and this year isn't normal. Everyone is holidaying "at home" so you are really late if you're looking for somewhere to stay this summer.

holidaying in england is a rip off. we've got well over two weeks at two great sites with overnight stays and eurotunnel we're looking at £1600, which is the most we've paid. just had a look at google maps, to drive from stockholm to amsterdam is a similar trek that we do to the french alps, so you'll need an overnight. you can get all the camping gear for £1000. and you can drink all you like without much of a hangover.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Jul 03, 2020 6:52 pm

Anyone want to buy some camping stuff? 6 man tent + footprint, 1 double & 2 single blow up mattresses, table, stove etc. Was going to put it all on FB next week but if any of you lot want it I would rather it go to one of you cunts.

This is the tent...

Bielsa1919

Postby Bielsa1919 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:00 pm

We've booked 2 weeks in the UK self catering in September for just over a grand. Near a beach and near a pub. No fannying around driving for hours or spending hours in super covid spreading airports.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:05 pm

We're off to Brazil.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:14 pm

dirty leeds wrote:We're off to Brazil.

disappointed. you could have gone to rosario on a pilgrimage you heathen.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:17 pm

Quiffy wrote:
jackos wrote:
the flying pig wrote:will have to be cheaper [because budget etc] than the current booking and probably also more expensive [because stingy bastard, don't want to slum it etc] than the last place.

i've got this.

We holiday in the UK every year and I'm often surprised by how much it costs compared to a fortnight in the Med. I suppose we have the added cost of flights and car rental, but a week at a Butlins or Certer Parcs we easily cost over 2000. Always seemed like a lot to me for what they offer so we always end up renting a house somewhere, even that can be expensive a normal year, and this year isn't normal. Everyone is holidaying "at home" so you are really late if you're looking for somewhere to stay this summer.

holidaying in england is a rip off. we've got well over two weeks at two great sites with overnight stays and eurotunnel we're looking at £1600, which is the most we've paid. just had a look at google maps, to drive from stockholm to amsterdam is a similar trek that we do to the french alps, so you'll need an overnight. you can get all the camping gear for £1000. and you can drink all you like without much of a hangover.

Sounds very relaxing.....

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:21 pm

Quiffy wrote:

disappointed. you could have gone to rosario on a pilgrimage you heathen.

Insurance.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:28 pm

OWETB wrote:Anyone want to buy some camping stuff? 6 man tent + footprint, 1 double & 2 single blow up mattresses, table, stove etc. Was going to put it all on FB next week but if any of you lot want it I would rather it go to one of you cunts.

This is the tent...

Thanks but no,

We invented bricks to not need tents.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:27 am

Saga holidays?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:42 am

AndyPaul wrote:

Saga holidays?

Dignitas.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:49 am

dirty leeds wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:

Saga holidays?

Dignitas.

:mrgreen:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:53 pm

Overarching plan: work towards a house move in the New Year, downsize a bit once the kids have all left home. Over the last couple of months we’ve been emptying cupboards, generally doing Marie Kondo chucking out type stuff.

A couple of large boxes arrive full of bedding and various sundries, for the use of the lad fucking off to Uni.

Me: ‘Why can’t he just take the stuff he’s already got? Not like we’ll need it’

Her: ‘He’s moving away, he’s obviously got to have new’

:scratch:
Member of a clique

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:13 am

I'm left scratchin my heed myself.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:25 am

Bit of advice please lads and lassies.
Señora Musta is a lovely woman with innumerable talents, but she's not, how does one phrase this? She's not an intellectual.
She has always had a fairly wide hippy streak vegetarian, animal rights ...
As my dad useter say
" She'll do you a good turn before a bad "un".
But she has a mate who is a full on nutter. Trump supporter believes every conspiracy theory going and is pouring poison into her ear on a daily basis.
5g, ant- vax, deep state, you name it.
I am finding it increasingly difficult to persuade her that it's all bullshit, most of it emanating from Q anon.
How does one proceed in these matters without resorting to a 6lb ball-peen hammer?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:29 am

Mustafaster wrote:Bit of advice please lads and lassies.
Señora Musta is a lovely woman with innumerable talents, but she's not, how does one phrase this? She's not an intellectual.
As my dad useter say
But she has a mate who is a full on nutter. Trump supporter believes every conspiracy theory going and is pouring poison into her ear on a daily basis.
I am finding it increasingly difficult to persuade her that it's all bullshit, most of it emanating from Q anon.
How does one proceed in these matters without resorting to a 6lb ball-peen hammer?

Is there anyone else - sensible - to whom she listens? If it comes from them she might just pay heed. You have no chance, I'm afraid.

Trumper

Postby Trumper » Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:32 am

Ah yes went camping with just the missus once and she got pissed off because I brought along two separate tents.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:08 am

Mustafaster wrote:Bit of advice please lads and lassies.
As my dad useter say

Am led to believe a decent anti Q tactic is to show them the many very specific predictions from even the first Q stuff that were quickly shown to be competely wrong. If they keep checking from there you might have some joy. If not, .....
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:24 am

I have had a similar issue over the last few months with my Mrs. Some cunt has a conspiracy theory and all common sense goes out the window. I have had a few failed attempts nearly ending in divorce so now I sit back, nod and hope it all blows over.

Musta you are fucked

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:17 pm

Sounds like it might be broken beyond useful repair Musta. Could be time to trade in for something more recent?
Member of a clique

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Sep 05, 2020 12:20 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Sounds like it might be broken beyond useful repair Musta. Could be time to trade in for something more recent?

Could be. If it's the flux capacitor, as I fear it may be, then I'm left with little choice.
Hybrid I think.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Return to “The Square Ball”