Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
welshwhite

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:13 am

Woke up this morning from a wierd nightmare. It was one that our DOF had spunked tens of millions of valuable pounds on a couple of dozen permanent players that were complete shite and absolutely no value for money at all. Wage and signing fee thieves.
Just two players being an exeption. Klich and Roberts.

During his tenure here we've had a revolving door of stinking old Horse shit.
Maybe a ratio of one half-decent player in 12+

And while people keep making excuses for the likes of Costa and Augustin it will continue.
These are just my thoughts of course, the apoligists are also entitled to their own :thumbl:

Just like to add a word on the much heralded 'infarstructure' that has been put in place.
Up to this date not one player has come through into the side and had regular game time, we'll have to conceed that one of the best coaches in our division does not see any of them worthy of it.
It's the reason we've taken in players on loan and are shelling out big fees to other clubs.

Thank fuck we've got Bielsa here to add some much needed sanity to the the club with the playing side of things :cheers:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:35 am

Please, Welsh, just stick the TV on, put your feet up and open a packet of Hobnobs.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Jul 03, 2020 8:43 am

Sounds like he could use the calming influence of Mull of Kintyre on a loop.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:15 am

Thank you both for your concern, aften taking the advice I'm now at this moment having some Hobnobs and listening to Sir Macca's greatest hits.

The world is now such a wonderful peaceful place to be and I fully trust Mr Orta to do us proud in the transfer market.

Oh crumbs!
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Fri Jul 03, 2020 9:20 am

welshwhite wrote:Thank you both for your concern, aften taking the advice I'm now at this moment having some Hobnobs and listening to Sir Macca's greatest hits.

The world is now such a wonderful peaceful place to be and I fully trust Mr Orta to do us proud in the transfer market.

Oh crumbs!

Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs. What’s wrong with that?
"The supporters, the only thing to them is that they love their club.
The only thing the receive in exchange is emotions.
For this reason, the supporter is the best thing in football." - Marcelo Bielsa

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:13 am

Terre Harte II wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Thank you both for your concern, aften taking the advice I'm now at this moment having some Hobnobs and listening to Sir Macca's greatest hits.

Oh crumbs!

Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs. What’s wrong with that?

I'd like to know.
Phisher/Email fraudster.

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:15 am

Terre Harte II wrote:

Oh crumbs!

Nothing but someone's knocking at the door.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:16 am

rss1969 wrote:
Terre Harte II wrote:

Oh crumbs!

Nothing but someone's knocking at the door.

Do me a favour!

I think the strain of waiting for Brentford to slip up is doing my head in, I've just been dancing around the room and singing along to 'Jet'.
Phisher/Email fraudster.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jul 05, 2020 10:19 pm

Idly reflecting today that John Stones doesn’t get a look in at Citeh, even when they’re shit enough to lose to Southampton.

Wonder if a) he might go anywhere on the cheap and b) if he’ll ever get his Everton form back?
Member of a clique

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:36 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Idly reflecting today that John Stones doesn’t get a look in at Citeh, even when they’re shit enough to lose to Southampton.

Wonder if a) he might go anywhere on the cheap and b) if he’ll ever get his Everton form back?

‘Everton form....’

Clueless wanker

:D :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:30 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Idly reflecting today that John Stones doesn’t get a look in at Citeh, even when they’re shit enough to lose to Southampton.

You would think his salary might be a key factor in any future move.

Meanwhile I see one of our other posters has changed his signature to Clueless Wanker, which seems fair.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 06, 2020 8:38 am

Bobbycollins wrote:Meanwhile I see one of our other posters has changed his signature to Clueless Wanker, which seems fair.

:lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

AmarinderBedi

Postby AmarinderBedi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:02 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:

Meanwhile I see one of our other posters has changed his signature to Clueless Wanker, which seems fair.

He is right tho - Stones has never been near as good a defender as he was made out to be. Always a mistake in him. I’d much rather have White

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jul 06, 2020 1:25 pm

AmarinderBedi wrote:He is right tho - Stones has never been near as good a defender as he was made out to be. Always a mistake in him. I’d much rather have White

As would I, but I don't think we'll get him whilst his star's in the ascendant.

But I think there's a tolerably middling Prem defender in Stones (if we could agree costs) - at least relative to who else might be available to us.
Member of a clique

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:03 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:

Feel free to point out my other errors.....

I don’t believe people like Oaf actually exist. Consistently wrong with everything......

Leeds shouldn’t be buying British players of any standard given financial situation and premium to pay on uk players.

Entire management at Leeds is foreign and apparently well connected. Need to be spotting gems abroad or on loan again.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:11 pm

'Oaf'
:lol:
:mrgreen:

:basket:

Must dash.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:12 pm

Should've a 's'

Guffaw, guffaw.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jul 06, 2020 3:29 pm

Stones is a very good PL defender, if not quite in the Citeh 'allstar' class, I should think that loads of clubs with bigger budgets than ours [fringe top four/top six contenders] would start him most weeks?

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:21 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Bobbycollins wrote:

Feel free to point out my other errors.....

I don’t believe people like Oaf actually exist. Consistently wrong with everything......

Leeds shouldn’t be buying British players of any standard given financial situation and premium to pay on uk players.

Entire management at Leeds is foreign and apparently well connected. Need to be spotting gems abroad or on loan again.

The problem with that approach is the rules about the number of players who need to be considered home grown in PL squads.

Currently 8 of 25 named squad players have to have been trained at an English club for 3 years before turning 21. I'm sure we have no real problems right now but we will have to buy British when we can.

Of our most regular starting XI, these qualify:
Ayling
Cooper
White
Phillips
Bamford
Harrison

These don't:
Either keeper
Dallas
Klich
Pablo
Costa

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:43 pm

Clueless, wasn't it?

Delicious.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Return to “The Square Ball”