Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby OWETB » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:21 am

welshwhite wrote:when we win a corner we need one of our players to tell the ref we had the last touch and give the oppo a goal kick, just to save a little time, like.


This is more than pissing me off. It has been the same since last season, I like KP but he is a useless cunt at corners and free kicks, to such an extent teams don't mind giving them to us as we offer pretty much zero threat.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:24 am

welshwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Zero points for playing well, it's been like that since league tables started.
I'm not trying to be a twat, it's just fact :thumbl:


unless you play well you usually don't score goals or win points.


Tell that to Cardiff and Luton.


Once again I refer you to the bit in bold. You're not going to drag me down to your hysterical level, yknow. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:25 am

OWETB wrote:
welshwhite wrote:when we win a corner we need one of our players to tell the ref we had the last touch and give the oppo a goal kick, just to save a little time, like.


This is more than pissing me off. It has been the same since last season, I like KP but he is a useless cunt at corners and free kicks, to such an extent teams don't mind giving them to us as we offer pretty much zero threat.

That little stretch of, what, three identical dogshit corners to the near post had me yelling.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:32 am

AndyPaul wrote:How about over 8 games? Depends the way you look at it. Over one game? What I'm saying, any way you look at it were playing ok and our form whether its 8 games or 3 should see us up. Obviously so should Brentfords I get that but can they really win like 9 out of 10 games or whatever?

Its probably all irrelevant anyway if west brom continue capitulate :lol:


I'm looking at form since the restart, you are going back to what, Feb? Jan? with a 3 month break in between.

Who's to say which is the best indicator? I just know my way matches my mood.

Edit to add if WBA win their next game their form since the restart is the same as ours.
You're welcome :thumbl:
Conclave member

BARE-NAKED-LADY
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: LEEDS

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:35 am

Tommy wrote:
BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:Ben White awful tonight.

Interesting, I didn't think so. I'll concede that he should have made a tackle on their lad who scored but I wouldn't have thought he had that finish in his locker either so can't blame him. If he'd chopped him we'd likely say that was wrong too. I think with Berardi still on the pitch we might not have conceded that. A bit of hubris to take him off at that point to be honest.


I'm sorry Tommy, but he was. He got turned by the Brentford player (good finish that it was) and the other moment was when he tried to shepherd the ball out on the sideline and their player took it from him, then sprinted up to our box to create another opportunity.

It wasn't just this match either, he was like that in the first match. There were well deserved plaudits on Saturday, but I may be the only one who thought Cooper was the better defender on Saturday or played just as well as him.
B-N-L

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:41 am

OWETB wrote:
welshwhite wrote:when we win a corner we need one of our players to tell the ref we had the last touch and give the oppo a goal kick, just to save a little time, like.


This is more than pissing me off. It has been the same since last season, I like KP but he is a useless cunt at corners and free kicks, to such an extent teams don't mind giving them to us as we offer pretty much zero threat.


Yeah, fucked if I understand what's going on. If it's genuinely a tactic to launch the fucker to the far corner of the box, then why don't we ever have anyone out there to pick it up? So it's either that KP's rangefinder is miles off or that there's no strategy for what's supposed to happen at all.
Member of a clique

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:48 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Once again I refer you to the bit in bold. You're not going to drag me down to your hysterical level, yknow. :mrgreen:



Don't know about that, maybe I have if you feel the need to wildly exaggerate :thumbl:

Is that the kettle I hear?

Must dash.
:basket:

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:49 am

Anyway, Blackburn have lost their last two matches. Against Barnsley and Wigan. Way worse form than us and almost out of the race for top six.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:50 am

welshwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:
Once again I refer you to the bit in bold. You're not going to drag me down to your hysterical level, yknow. :mrgreen:



Don't know about that, maybe I have if you feel the need to wildly exaggerate :thumbl:

Is that the kettle I hear?

Must dash.
:basket:


And now I refer you to the smiley.

BARE-NAKED-LADY
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: LEEDS

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:00 am

dirty leeds wrote:Anyway, Blackburn have lost their last two matches. Against Barnsley and Wigan. Way worse form than us and almost out of the race for top six.


Means nothing Dirty. Barnsley and Wigan are fighting for their lives (Wigan however now seem to be mathmatically safe), and needed to win.

We need to win, but that hasn't stopped us dropping points from so called lesser sides. So Blackburn may well have lost against lesser teams, but they'll be up for our match like every other bloody team in this league.

Not sure we'll lose, but not sure about the win either. Fingers crossed I'm pleasantly surprised come Saturday evening!
B-N-L

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:01 am

I don't think Harrison or Klich have been as influential in the absence of Pablo, partly due to Roberts (who has played well) taking far more touches and trying to beat more players than Pablo, before feeling able to release the ball, by which time Harrison and Klich have completed their runs. Assuming Pablo is only playing 45 minutes now that we're into two matches a week, would it be better for him to play the first half of home games in the hopes of creating a winning lead, rather than trying to break down an increasingly packed defence in the second half?

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:06 am

dirty leeds wrote:Anyway, Blackburn have lost their last two matches. Against Barnsley and Wigan. Way worse form than us and almost out of the race for top six.


Haven’t we got a decent record away at Blackburn last few seasons? But I wonder whether that’s because we always get to take 4-5000?
Member of a clique

Andymac-47
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:06 pm
Location: Belfast

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:07 am

Bobbycollins wrote:I don't think Harrison or Klich have been as influential in the absence of Pablo, partly due to Roberts (who has played well) taking far more touches and trying to beat more players than Pablo, before feeling able to release the ball, by which time Harrison and Klich have completed their runs. Assuming Pablo is only playing 45 minutes now that we're into two matches a week, would it be better for him to play the first half of home games in the hopes of creating a winning lead, rather than trying to break down an increasingly packed defence in the second half?

You can lob Costa into that as well, the influential thingy.
Andymac

BARE-NAKED-LADY
Joined: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:29 pm
Location: LEEDS

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:20 am

Just looked at the fixtures. I think Brentford will get another 15 points, giving them 84 and we'll gain another 10 points making that 85. West Brom will probably get 84, but finish 3rd on goal difference.

We're going up!
B-N-L

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:14 am

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:Just looked at the fixtures. I think Brentford will get another 15 points, giving them 84 and we'll gain another 10 points making that 85. West Brom will probably get 84, but finish 3rd on goal difference.

We're going up!


All sounds a bit close - do you fancy having another go where it turns out better?
Member of a clique

User avatar
metalsmurf
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Littleborough, Gtr Scumland

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby metalsmurf » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:22 am

Working from home this morning so had some time to reflect. 5 days ago I would have taken 1 point from Fulham and 3 from Luton, so same result at this stage. My glass is filling....
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:48 am

AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.


So you'll happily discount our form and results but are fine with Brentfords. Sure Brentford are good at the moment but the points in the bag we have are huge at the moment. I appreciate we tend to capitulate often at end of the season but against Cardiff and Luton we didn't play bad. Its not like we're playing shite.


As I’ve said on multiple occasions.

How we play is irrelevant, it’s a results business only.

Especially at this point of the season

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:56 am

Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:How about over 8 games? Depends the way you look at it. Over one game? What I'm saying, any way you look at it were playing ok and our form whether its 8 games or 3 should see us up. Obviously so should Brentfords I get that but can they really win like 9 out of 10 games or whatever?

Its probably all irrelevant anyway if west brom continue capitulate :lol:


I'm looking at form since the restart, you are going back to what, Feb? Jan? with a 3 month break in between.

Who's to say which is the best indicator? I just know my way matches my mood.

Edit to add if WBA win their next game their form since the restart is the same as ours.
You're welcome :thumbl:


I think it's best we agree to disagree, call each other cunts and move on with our lives and allow the usual posters to squabble between themselves :mrgreen:

Wakefield White
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:57 pm
Location: t'other side o't hills

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Jul 01, 2020 10:57 am

Yeboah wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.


So you'll happily discount our form and results but are fine with Brentfords. Sure Brentford are good at the moment but the points in the bag we have are huge at the moment. I appreciate we tend to capitulate often at end of the season but against Cardiff and Luton we didn't play bad. Its not like we're playing shite.


As I’ve said on multiple occasions.

How we play is irrelevant, it’s a results business only.

Especially at this point of the season


Agree right now results are all that matter, but it would be far more worrying if we were playing shite and looked like conceding from every attack.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Postby Yeboah » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:04 am

Truth is, making predictions is futile.

The only thing we can control is us and we should focus on that. With Pablo in the team we average 2 points a game, without him it’s 1.4.

Wish we had a better centre forward.....but we don’t.

If we do fuck it up then I think it will be, as last season, the intransigence of approach. Luton knew what we would do and practised it all week and got a result. Why didn’t we have something different to try even if only for 10-15 minutes? Baffled....

We are in a great position that I presume we’d all have taken last August?

My nervousness is around the survival of the club if it all goes wrong. Never has the term ‘all in’ been more apt.

Maybe we just need a bit of luck? O.g. Or sending off or something.

We have a group of players who collectively don’t need much excuse to bottle it and the tougher it gets the more nervous you’d get about their mental fortitude.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 58 guests