LUTV - is it really that shit?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Quiffy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:28 pm

the last 20 minutes of the first half was shite for me. i blamed lutv. was it just me?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Ran flawlessly for me, not a single judder. Ended up running it from Internet Explorer on a Windows 10 laptop via a standard HDMI cable to a 4k TV. Looked fine and was much better quality than Now TV. I did miss the crowd noise though, I'll admit.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:33 pm

Yeah, worked fine for me too.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:34 pm

Quiffy wrote:the last 20 minutes of the first half was shite for me. i blamed lutv. was it just me?

90 minutes were shit for me, but LUTV was flawless ...

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:35 pm

I got no work done today just stressed myself getting LUTV back on. I think it's ok but wish they would keep up with the play - they'll end up missing a goal before the end of the season
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:41 pm

Tommy wrote:Ran flawlessly for me, not a single judder. Ended up running it from Internet Explorer on a Windows 10 laptop via a standard HDMI cable to a 4k TV. Looked fine and was much better quality than Now TV. I did miss the crowd noise though, I'll admit.
Professor Weeto wrote:Yeah, worked fine for me too.
jackos wrote:90 minutes were shit for me, but LUTV was flawless ...

ta. i had family round and blamed lutv being overloaded, but it seems to have been my internet which has been a bit hit and miss recently.

i have complained to virgin about this, but it's easier to blame LUTV. as i said the second half was fine, the first half, when it was working looked to be in SD not the usual HD.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:49 pm

Ontolly wrote:they'll end up missing a goal before the end of the season

A goal for Leeds aye? Chance would be a fine thing.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 am

LUTV gets the thumbs up for me. Worked nicely for me. Emma's voice lagged by about a second but the picture was good. Her dress was superb playing 2 upfront with Ben Parker at left back worked well.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:46 am

Aye, bob on for me except missing too much action to show meaningless replays.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:49 am

Ponte wrote:Aye, bob on for me except missing too much action to show meaningless replays.

Same here. [Sound always lags. Used to it now.]

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:54 am

Are the match pictures from Sky with LUTV commentary on top? I found it frustrating that the camera concentrated on Bielsa pacing the technical area whilst action was going on and I assumed that the pictures were associated with Sky commentary, rather than being directed by LUTV.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:57 am

the picture quality was exceptional & the feed didn't cut out at any point. the cohesiveness of the whole thing [i.e. cameras & replays following the action & matching the soundtrack] were not as slick as you'd get with one of the main broadcasters. no chromecast option.

overall good, 7 and a half out of 10.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:58 am

the flying pig wrote:the picture quality was exceptional & the feed didn't cut out at any point. the cohesiveness of the whole thing [i.e. cameras & replays following the action & matching the soundtrack] were not as slick as you'd get with one of the main broadcasters. no chromecast option.

overall good, 7 and a half out of 10.

Ben Parker knocks it down a couple of points for me. He comes across as dull and a bit thick. Not really watched much match coverage on LUTV before.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:10 am

the flying pig wrote: no chromecast option.

I didn't actually get a chance to test it last night but I gather that almost anything you can have open in a tab in Google Chrome will cast.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:14 am

Ponte wrote:
Ben Parker knocks it down a couple of points for me. He comes across as dull and a bit thick. Not really watched much match coverage on LUTV before.

Is Parker just standing in for Eddie during Covid?

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:17 am

Tommy wrote:
the flying pig wrote: no chromecast option.

I didn't actually get a chance to test it last night but I gather that almost anything you can have open in a tab in Google Chrome will cast.

i meant from the mobile app. sure, from a PC/laptop there are a couple of ways to get it on your tv.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:27 am

Bobbycollins wrote:Are the match pictures from Sky with LUTV commentary on top? I found it frustrating that the camera concentrated on Bielsa pacing the technical area whilst action was going on and I assumed that the pictures were associated with Sky commentary, rather than being directed by LUTV.

i think it's something like this - the pictures come from a central feed for the whole league, probably sky, as Bryn Law tweeted that they had no control over them or the lack of replays.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jul 01, 2020 9:43 am

Quiffy wrote:
Bobbycollins wrote:Are the match pictures from Sky with LUTV commentary on top? I found it frustrating that the camera concentrated on Bielsa pacing the technical area whilst action was going on and I assumed that the pictures were associated with Sky commentary, rather than being directed by LUTV.

i think it's something like this - the pictures come from a central feed for the whole league, probably sky, as Bryn Law tweeted that they had no control over them or the lack of replays.

OK, thanks

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:28 am

Anyone else finding they're not a huge fan of Becks on commentator duties?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Tommy » Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:31 am

Ah I like Beckford, gives some good insight. Parker not so much.

Return to “The Square Ball”