Dirty Music

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side

welshwhite

Re: Dirty Music

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 am

Professor Weeto wrote:The results are in:

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/ ... -end-girls

Bah, humbug!

I just knew that some happy-clappy-medium-paced-fucking-student-music-drivel would cunting win it.

I blame the fucking government and that long distant driving cunt Cummings :thumbd:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:36 am

welshwhite wrote:

Bah, humbug!

I just knew that some happy-clappy-medium-paced-fucking-student-music-drivel would cunting win it.

I blame the fucking government and that long distant driving cunt Cummings

I think his favourite of theirs is 'Go North'.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:39 am

The editing has fucked things up a trifle, Prof. Love the 'Go North' gag though.

Even as we now live in a world of chaos we need to keep a sense of humour or all is lost - the baddies will have won.

I've had a cuppa and four Hob-nobs and I'm now ready to face the day fully de-stressed :thumbl:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:44 am

welshwhite wrote:The editing has fucked things up a trifle, Prof. Love the 'Go North' gag though.

Even as we now live in a world of chaos we need to keep a sense of humour or all is lost - the baddies will have won.

I've had a cuppa and four Hob-nobs and I'm now ready to face the day fully de-stressed :thumbl:

I actually enjoyed seeing your editing as it developed: it gave me a rare insight into the mind of a genius.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:19 am

dirty leeds wrote:[some tedious old nonsense about Marvin.]

this lunchtime six music is playing what's going on in its entirety :elephant: .

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:45 pm

the flying pig wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:[some tedious old nonsense about Marvin.]

this lunchtime six music is playing what's going on in its entirety :elephant: .

Thank you for thinking of me. I was out!.

By the way, I told you What's Going On reflected life for African Americans as it still was after the civil rights marches... and it still does almost 50 years later. He was right about the planet too.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:54 pm

ha, that's proper, proper BS, imo.

i mean, i like PSB but probably wouldn't rate that as even their top tune.

indeed, in a PSB top ten from the same paper, written all of three years ago, it didn't even make the list.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/music ... s-lowe-pop

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:56 pm

the flying pig wrote:

indeed, in a PSB top ten from the same paper, written all of three years ago, it didn't even make the list.

You’re just pissed off Cliff didn’t make the cut.
:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

Dirty Music

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:11 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:New single/video from some great mates of mine. Their first record in eight years. I mastered it but don't let that put you off if you're into Adam Curtis documentaries and foreboding doom.

Not quite sure how I haven’t caught up on this thread for a month, given that I’ve been listening to absolutely tons of music since lockdown. So I was both happy and annoyed to see that the second post I’d missed was about this song which I had independently become rather enamoured with, Prof.

Gideon Coe has played it a couple of times and it’s pretty much stopped me in my tracks (if you pardon the pun) on both of them.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:14 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:New single/video from some great mates of mine. Their first record in eight years. I mastered it but don't let that put you off if you're into Adam Curtis documentaries and foreboding doom.

Not quite sure how I haven’t caught up on this thread for a month, given that I’ve been listening to absolutely tons of music since lockdown. So I was both happy and annoyed to see that the second post I’d missed was about this song which I had independently become rather enamoured with, Prof.

Gideon Coe has played it a couple of times and it’s pretty much stopped me in my tracks (if you pardon the pun) on both of them.

Glad you're into it, SHGW! The forthcoming album is a cracker. Worth investigating their back catalogue, too; they've had an interesting career.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jun 05, 2020 1:22 pm

Vampire wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

You’re just pissed off Cliff didn’t make the cut.
:mrgreen:

I'm still waiting, a decade or so after posting the idea almost as an aside, for someone to persuasively deny that his late 70s/early 80s catalogue has at least a handful of perfectly worthy entries.

none of it made the list, most likely because: (a) very decent though they are, no-one, least of all me, ever rated these releases as GOAT-list material; and (b) he tended not to get number 1's in that era, the great british record buying public seemingly tending to prefer his early days 'summer holiday' shtick and/or the latter day sleighbell-tinged 'buy this and baby jesus will smile at you' effluent, the ones where it's sort of implied that proceeds will probably go to charity/the church when in fact they're being used to add another archipelago or two to his Caribbean paedo lair.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jun 05, 2020 2:58 pm

:lol:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:38 pm

The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jun 05, 2020 8:28 pm

the flying pig wrote:

Well, both these list are structured on the same basis really. It’s a ‘made u think’ thing - so the PSB-only list veers towards the niche whilst ignoring the obvious, and the 100 does exactly the same thing.

There’s a bit of contextualising, obviously. West End Girls is an astonishingly accomplished debut single and absolutely nails a time and a place, and that’s what puts it ahead of other PSB tracks. Ultimately a perfect Graun choice.
Member of a clique

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Jun 05, 2020 9:12 pm

Snore.

My grandad was from Leeds

Postby My grandad was from Leeds » Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:41 pm

sunn o)))

Recommend to me in the pub, oh the pub, by a metal head.

One of them bands where they give out earplugs. My mate being a rufty tufty ground worker declined.Said he nearly spewed.

I've had a few ales Spotify not the same but it seems to fit the mood

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:45 am

My grandad was from Leeds wrote:sunn o)))

One of them bands where they give out earplugs. My mate being a rufty tufty ground worker declined.Said he nearly spewed.

Get plenty of coffee and four Hob-nobs down you - your hangover will feel a lot better after about half hour :thumbl:
Phisher/Email fraudster.

My grandad was from Leeds

Postby My grandad was from Leeds » Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:03 am

welshwhite wrote:
My grandad was from Leeds wrote:sunn o)))

Get plenty of coffee and four Hob-nobs down you - your hangover will feel a lot better after about half hour :thumbl:

You are wise man hobnobs are are bit decadent for me, salty porridge and a day in in front of the tv will set me right.

Back to work tomorrow a dull man man like me needs a routine.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:14 am

There’s always a song

Member of a clique

Return to “The Square Ball”