The happy old man thread...

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: The happy old man thread...

Postby Quiffy » Tue May 26, 2020 8:36 pm

love that andy. ta. :D

it put a smile on my face my non-drinking, fall off a ladder and dislocate my shoulder day.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 27, 2020 2:46 pm

Wakefield White. I'm getting drunk again tonight on rye.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 5:48 pm

We don't have an opposite for the Absolute Cunts thread, so I stick stuff like this here.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:47 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52 ... _xsOS-gWyI
This makes me happy, I would like to think it would this is how we would deal with a Sam Hammam scenario.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:54 pm

metalsmurf wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52842985?at_medium=custom7&at_custom1=%5Bpost+type%5D&at_custom4=9997A762-A28B-11EA-925D-E8B296E8478F&at_campaign=64&at_custom3=Match+of+the+Day&at_custom2=facebook_page&fbclid=IwAR2o6eSpKZf05ErOiyFqasuiY-hLlFzNZ_0oiawAA2LBGeM22_xsOS-gWyI
This makes me happy, I would like to think it would this is how we would deal with a Sam Hammam scenario.

Not happy about Plough Lane. I can remember going in the mid 1980s for our first league game there. Leeds fans were almost in tears as we looked around the tiny ground with grass growing through the terraces, thinking that we had sunk so low. Little did we know that there were new depths to follow..

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:06 am

I thought this would appeal to some of you.

Since just before the lockdown started one of the girls has been working as customer support for an electricity supply company. She's had to endure all manner of smartmeter cranks and arseholes; she was originally on email enquiries but now she's doing phones too.

I asked if she'd gained any views on differences between people from different parts of the country.

'"Oh yeah, all southerners are cunts. People from the North and Scotland are always more polite. Apart from Manchester: people with Manchester accents are all cunts, too"
Member of a clique

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:44 am

eric olthwaite wrote:I thought this would appeal to some of you.

Since just before the lockdown started one of the girls has been working as customer support for an electricity supply company. She's had to endure all manner of smartmeter cranks and arseholes; she was originally on email enquiries but now she's doing phones too.

I asked if she'd gained any views on differences between people from different parts of the country.

'"Oh yeah, all southerners are cunts. People from the North and Scotland are always more polite. Apart from Manchester: people with Manchester accents are all cunts, too"

Smart girl :cheers:
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:10 am

Wasn't she reading from the prepared answers that utility companies provide for their customer support staff?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 am

This lot don't do scripts - apart from the GDPR disclaimer when you ring in. I think scripts are more for the offshore call centres. Incidentally EON's entire customer response system went down for two days when that cyclone hit India and Bangladesh a couple of weeks back.

The shit she finds hard is (for example) some woman ranting about getting her smart meter removed, who said: "Every day this in my house you're literally killing my children; how do you feel about that?" And the answer she wanted to give is, "Listen you retarded fuck, the signal strength from your wifi or the mobile you're holding against your ear right now is more powerful than your fucking smart meter".

But answers like that aren't permitted, sadly.
Member of a clique

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:54 am

Most of my working life has involved talking to the public. People from the North East seem to be consistently lovely people, closely followed by Scousers.
Keep Fighting

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:57 am

MightyWhite wrote:Most of my working life has involved talking to the public. People from the North East seem to be consistently lovely people, closely followed by Scousers.

Aren’t there a huge amount of call centres in the north east because surveys have determined it to be the most pleasant, friendly accent? Mind you, scouse always comes at the bottom of those surveys.

Must admit the vast majority of people I’ve met from Sunderland and Newcastle have been lovely.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:11 am

Northerners are very similar to the Welsh, behaviour is self policing.

I'E, If a male from those places wore sunglasses on the top of their head during darkness or in a club or pub someone would say "take those sunglasses off, you look like a complete fucking twat!" "Who do you think you are, David fucking Beckham".

Down south that type of sunglasses behaviour is encouraged.
Even amongst some right ugly fuckers.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:02 am

I have to agree. My job involves assessing people up and down the country on the phone.

The North are friendly and very helpful. Once you get to London the vast majority are ignorant and rude. The worst places to ring are definitely London and Glasgow because of the language barrier. There is a large amount of immigrants in London with poor English however they are usually quite friendly compared to their English counterparts. Glasgow though, not sure what language they use but it's not like the rest of Scotland

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jun 04, 2020 8:05 am

Try Fife. Even my Scottish friends struggle.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jun 04, 2020 11:18 am

A knock at the door, and 40L of ale on my doorstep and a lovely chat with the guy who delivered it from the brewery as he sat in my garden, me on my step.

These days I sometimes forget how nice it is to talk in person rather than over phone & VC.

But I suspect having lots of beer on you makes me want to talk to you more. Go figure.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:19 pm

Nice seeing that odorous turd Coren getting his just desserts.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat Jun 06, 2020 8:27 pm

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:28 am

Being related to you, she’s obviously wrong.

That’s it.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Jun 07, 2020 7:30 am

Yeboah wrote:

No doubt you'll be keen to communicate this vibe to young Yebs then, Metal

metalsmurf wrote: I agree, but not eveything he posts is to be veiwed through those glasses

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Sun Jun 07, 2020 9:48 am

Blackwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

No doubt you'll be keen to communicate this vibe to young Yebs then, Metal

metalsmurf wrote: I agree, but not eveything he posts is to be veiwed through those glasses

Wellllll, I did say not everything. Do you think it would make a difference. I'm not sure contrition is in that particular locker.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Return to “The Square Ball”