Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:41 am

Ponte wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Positive move by the club.

Well done to all involved.


Has Yeboah piped up yet that it's proof we are skint and Bielsa is a fraud?



To be fair I think bar a few teams in the country everybody will be skint at the moment.

But this isn't about somebody being skint it's about working together the club has built a family feel and community spirit over the last few years and this was a chance to show that it really matters in a time of crisis and the club have stepped up.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Ponte » Thu Mar 26, 2020 11:43 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Ponte wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Positive move by the club.

Well done to all involved.


Has Yeboah piped up yet that it's proof we are skint and Bielsa is a fraud?



To be fair I think bar a few teams in the country everybody will be skint at the moment.

But this isn't about somebody being skint it's about working together the club has built a family feel and community spirit over the last few years and this was a chance to show that it really matters in a time of crisis and the club have stepped up.

100% and you just know the players are more than happy to help. There's a good vibe around the club these days.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:59 am

Latest accounts have been posted on the Companies House portal

Operating loss £36M
The loss for the financial year of the parent company was £22,291,787 (2018: £4,929,797).
Wage bill including costs £46M
Directors (Kinnear?) 300K


Promotion bonuses look reasonable.

Under the terms of the financial provisions relating to transfer of player registrations, future payments of up to £5,281 ,610
(2018: €7,099,091) may be payable dependent on the club's promotion to the FA Premier League and/or players
appearances for the club. Promotion to the FA Premier League may also incur bonuses payable of £19,925,320 (2018.
£18,129,519) conditional on the performance of both players and football management throughout the 2019/20 season.


Will be interesting to read what the pro's think

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Wed Apr 08, 2020 7:52 am

Good thread



SIX PERCENT above base rate? Wish I could get terms like that for my savings :)

"Rent free"


Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 10:36 am

So, are we skint?

Yes, operating loss even worse than I thought.

Explains some of the transfers out.

Is Bielsa a fraud? .....to be decided.

Great thread on Popeys twitter replying to his comments on the accounts.

General horror and ‘promotion or bust’ being the key themes.

Mindo
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mindo » Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:14 am

Championship clubs lose money and rely on shareholder support, c'est la vie and will continue unless the whole system of football finances changes, wages massively reduced etc. Hard to compete without making big losses as things stand. Many other clubs much worse off.

TV income of less than £1.5m for the year....

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:07 pm

@Mike_J_Thornton

Provides a brief summary on twitter.


Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:36 pm

Mr Reality wrote:@Mike_J_Thornton

Provides a brief summary on twitter.



Basically says, it’s all awful and concerning but that it’s inline with expectations :lol:

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Ponte » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:38 pm

I see Yebore has arrived, as expected. Can folk please refrain from quoting him? I have no desire to read his bollocks.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 12:47 pm

Ponte wrote:I see Yebore has arrived, as expected. Can folk please refrain from quoting him? I have no desire to read his bollocks.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just came for an apology from all the doubters, and anyone whoever uttered the phrase ‘well run club’

The lack of one, as with many other things on here.....isn’t a surprise.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:16 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Ponte wrote:I see Yebore has arrived, as expected. Can folk please refrain from quoting him? I have no desire to read his bollocks.


:lol: :lol: :lol:

Just came for an apology from all the doubters, and anyone whoever uttered the phrase ‘well run club’

The lack of one, as with many other things on here.....isn’t a surprise.

Not really, it's what it takes to be competitive in this insane division. It's more or less in line with what everyone expected and isn't going to see us in trouble over P&S limits (pre COVID19 impact at least).

Ponte wrote:I see Yebore has arrived, as expected. Can folk please refrain from quoting him? I have no desire to read his bollocks.

Sorry.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby welshwhite » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:22 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Just came for an apology from all the doubters, and anyone whoever uttered the phrase ‘well run club’

The lack of one, as with many other things on here.....isn’t a surprise.



It takes a big man to stand up and say they got things wrong, Yebs.

I hope you accept my heartfelt Apologies.

Sorry mate :thumbl:

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:27 pm

Yeboah wrote:Basically says, it’s all awful and concerning but that it’s inline with expectations :lol:


Who's expectations are you talking about? Yours? The Clubs? Mike's? You have been preaching a FFP breach for the past <fuck knows how long>, Mike writes that it is not an issue. Or are you ignoring his summary about FFP?


User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:34 pm

Yeboah wrote:Is Bielsa a fraud? .....to be decided.


Apologies, Ponte, but as much as I don't give a flying fuck about what Yebore thinks about anything at all, he ain't getting away with this one.

'To be decided'? :lol:
Well, not by you.

You already declared.
When you repeatedly called him a fraud.
When you told him to 'fuck off'.
When you told us we'd never be promoted with him in charge.
When you said he wasn't worth the money.
When you wrote #bielsaout at H-T during Millwall match.

You already made your mind up.

[Not to mention that there was no alternative to voiding the season.]

No wriggle-room for you. :lol:

Professor Weeto
Joined: Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:49 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Professor Weeto » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 pm

We could lose all nine of our remaining games and it still wouldn’t out Bielsa as a ‘fraud’. He’s proved he is no fraud already, by any reasonable definition.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:54 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Just came for an apology from all the doubters, and anyone whoever uttered the phrase ‘well run club’

The lack of one, as with many other things on here.....isn’t a surprise.



It takes a big man to stand up and say they got things wrong, Yebs.

I hope you accept my heartfelt Apologies.

Sorry mate :thumbl:


Cheers Welsh, you sarcastic fucker.... :cheers:

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Apr 08, 2020 1:59 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Is Bielsa a fraud? .....to be decided.


Apologies, Ponte, but as much as I don't give a flying fuck about what Yebore thinks about anything at all, he ain't getting away with this one.

'To be decided'? :lol:
Well, not by you.

You already declared.
When you repeatedly called him a fraud.
When you told him to 'fuck off'.
When you told us we'd never be promoted with him in charge.
When you said he wasn't worth the money.
When you wrote #bielsaout at H-T during Millwall match.

You already made your mind up.

[Not to mention that there was no alternative to voiding the season.]

No wriggle-room for you. :lol:


Seriously don't waste your energy.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Mr Reality » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:06 pm



Context of the other teams in the league.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:16 pm

jackos wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Basically says, it’s all awful and concerning but that it’s inline with expectations :lol:


Who's expectations are you talking about? Yours? The Clubs? Mike's? You have been preaching a FFP breach for the past <fuck knows how long>, Mike writes that it is not an issue. Or are you ignoring his summary about FFP?



I’m talking about Mike’s expectations As he tweeted it and you’ve then posted the evidence....so, :scratch:

FFP has fuck all to do with the financial health of the club, it’s a condition of the league in which we play. My point about money was that we had none, these accounts prove that.

When people were calling for January investment I said we couldn’t do it as we didn’t have the money.

That’s it....

The direction of travel for the club financially has to be concerning for anybody involved surely, it’s literally promotion or bust.

To stay inside FFP for the next set of accounts we will need to have lost ‘only’ £14m. An overall £7m improvement or an even bigger improvement on OpEx/EBIT. Even if we did that we’d then need to make a profit the year after that.

And that’s only if the largesse and generosity of the owner continues.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Wed Apr 08, 2020 2:21 pm

Yeboah wrote:I’m talking about Mike’s expectations As he tweeted it and you’ve then posted the evidence....so, :scratch:


OK

Yeboah wrote:FFP has fuck all to do with the financial health of the club, it’s a condition of the league in which we play. My point about money was that we had none, these accounts prove that.


OK


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: metalsmurf and 34 guests