Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Quiffy

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Quiffy » Tue Jan 28, 2020 5:42 pm

jackos wrote:£1M a month :shock: :shock:

Programme notes from CE Angus Kinnear says owner Andrea Radrizzani continues to write a cheque out for a £1m per month to subsidise a wage bill which he says has doubled under this regime. #lufc

which is it - that he spends too much or too little?

(not aimed at you jackos)
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Jan 28, 2020 7:36 pm

Quiffy wrote:which is it - that he spends too much or too little?

Yeah, I've no idea how these things work, my surprise was an initial reaction to the number "1M a month subsidise the wage bill". Does that mean we're losing 12M a year, or just we haven't had a lot of home games in January, and therefore income is lower than normal. I've understood the wage bill is twice what it was while Max was here, so closer to 40M than 20M, but that turnover is over 50M. I also know we sold players for 30M in the summer, but I assume we don't see all of that straight away ... Bugger knows what the statement means, but Kinnear obviously felt the need to make the number public.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:01 pm

jackos wrote:
Quiffy wrote:which is it - that he spends too much or too little?

Yeah, I've no idea how these things work, my surprise was an initial reaction to the number "1M a month subsidise the wage bill". Does that mean we're losing 12M a year, or just we haven't had a lot of home games in January, and therefore income is lower than normal. I've understood the wage bill is twice what it was while Max was here, so closer to 40M than 20M, but that turnover is over 50M. I also know we sold players for 30M in the summer, but I assume we don't see all of that straight away ... Bugger knows what the statement means, but Kinnear obviously felt the need to make the number public.

At what point in recent history was the turnover more than £50m???

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:28 pm

radz has reposted this tweet from tony dorigo. personally i reckon he's spot on, though it's a shame he's felt he has to post it as it suggests the criticism is bothering him. some of the replies make me want to fuck off and support york. :(
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:36 pm

Quiffy wrote:radz has reposted this tweet from tony dorigo. personally i reckon he's spot on, though it's a shame he's felt he has to post it as it suggests the criticism is bothering him. some of the replies make me want to fuck off and support york. :(

Fair play to him imo, I've no problem with him giving it back, he's helped give us a club we can be proud of again. It has been obvious for a while that the criticism is getting to him & his team - afraid they have to be able to take it at a club the size of Leeds these days.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Feb 02, 2020 10:59 pm

So now we have the owner 'Doing a Bamford'.

They are 'Cock-a-Hoop' milking the applause when things go swimingly well.
Do they not expect people to show concern when we hit a worrying bad patch?

History shows many are now expecting things to fuck up. Does the club expect those same people to sit in a corner and say fuck all?

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:01 pm

What can he gain from it though?

Its like he needs the adulation. Now is a time for strong leadership.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun Feb 02, 2020 11:30 pm

Someone has criticised him on Twitter and he's responded by liking the Tweet - Maybe he's fucking blotto in the USA at the Superbowl?
Put the fucking bottle down Radz, pipe down and get a grip.

Andrea Radrizzani liked

Scott Eaglen
@ScottEaglen
We literally have a child at the helm of our football club. Absolutely pathetic

Leeds fans all over Twitter now all arguing with each other all because of that stupid Black and White Gif he Tweeted - Well done Radz for helping the fanbase to March on Together :cheers:

Devi

Postby Devi » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:35 am

Mr Reality wrote:What can he gain from it though?

What can his leadership do at this stage of the season? The window is closed. Surely it's up to Bielsa - and even more, to the players - now? All AR can do in terms of leadership is not undercut and or destabilise in the run in (in, say, selling the club to a Burmese despot, or be found to have fucked up on FFP and cause a massive points deduction). What is it that you think he could/should do (rather than not do)?
I like it. What is it?

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:52 am

People in positions of power/fame should just ignore social media altogether..............I suppose that completely goes against the grain though if said people have egos to feed.

The insults/anger that would have been awash on the factory floor Monday morning or the local pub on Sunday afternoon and forgotten about by Wednesday are now emblazoned all over twitter and facebook before a match is even finished.

I do not go on to either platform but I did have a quick look at some of the comments on there.

At least on here I am pretty convinced that 99% of the posters are genuine fans and have a decent grasp of football in general whether I agree with them or not. Some of the shit on that twitter page is incredible.

Radz should know better than to engage in this nonsense, especially when he will know that some of his decisions have been questioned by the fans.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:02 am

rss1969 wrote:People in positions of power/fame should just ignore social media altogether..............I suppose that completely goes against the grain though if said people have egos to feed.

The insults/anger that would have been awash on the factory floor Monday morning or the local pub on Sunday afternoon and forgotten about by Wednesday are now emblazoned all over twitter and facebook before a match is even finished.

I do not go on to either platform but I did have a quick look at some of the comments on there.

At least on here I am pretty convinced that 99% of the posters are genuine fans and have a decent grasp of football in general whether I agree with them or not. Some of the shit on that twitter page is incredible.

Radz should know better than to engage in this nonsense, especially when he will know that some of his decisions have been questioned by the fans.

I don’t disagree overall, but I do think there’s a wee bit of ‘damned if you do / damned if you don’t’ here. If Radz didn’t appear on social media at all he’d be accused of being an uninterested foreign owner, only in it for the cash. I don’t think that’s true and I kind of get why Radz feels the need to engage, even when it isn’t the smartest move.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:00 pm

Devi wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:What can he gain from it though?

What can his leadership do at this stage of the season? The window is closed. Surely it's up to Bielsa - and even more, to the players - now? All AR can do in terms of leadership is not undercut and or destabilise in the run in (in, say, selling the club to a Burmese despot, or be found to have fucked up on FFP and cause a massive points deduction). What is it that you think he could/should do (rather than not do)?

Panicking and losing your shit on social media is not something that sets a good example to the people around the club. Bielsa has been the leader since he stepped through the door and he does it by example.

Now is time to keep calm. Just ignore social media.

What good can come from him posting? Is there a positive outcome? No it just gets people more riled up.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:01 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
rss1969 wrote:People in positions of power/fame should just ignore social media altogether..............I suppose that completely goes against the grain though if said people have egos to feed.

I don’t disagree overall, but I do think there’s a wee bit of ‘damned if you do / damned if you don’t’ here. If Radz didn’t appear on social media at all he’d be accused of being an uninterested foreign owner, only in it for the cash. I don’t think that’s true and I kind of get why Radz feels the need to engage, even when it isn’t the smartest move.

I don't think he does it in a negative way or he intends but it's just a lack of understanding of what is needed at the moment.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:28 pm

Never mind, only 11 months and 23 days to go :thumbl:

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Feb 04, 2020 8:49 am

All he did was retweet Dorigo. People need to get a fucking grip and stop being so precious. Dorigo was right.

Being concerned and voicing that concern is one thing, but the level of hysteria that follows a loss and the level of vitriol that accompanies it isn't healthy for anyone.

All this "I'm entitled to say...." bollocks is pathetic. Yes, you are, but posting it on social media is just a cry for attention, you're not solving anything or moving a debate forward. Much better to debate it in a private forum with 20 other middle age sad sacks away from the glare of the public.
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:40 am

11 months and 22 days now - won't be long :cheers:

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Feb 04, 2020 9:52 am

LSD&2Es wrote:Much better to debate it in a private forum with 20 other middle age sad sacks away from the glare of the public.

:mrgreen:

Although it's three, not twenty, obviously.
HM Collector Of Parcels

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Tue Feb 04, 2020 10:01 am

If I am to be insulted;
I must first value their opinion.

If people have to insult people because someone disagrees with their precious views then I myself view those people as sad sacks.
I count my blessings that I don't have to walk a mile in their blinkered pathetic shoes.

Must dash.

:basket:

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:33 am

Blinkered shoes sound useful.

There are frequently times when my left foot gets spooked by something in its peripheral vision and bolts off, leaving me either on my long suffering right foot or on my ass. My saviour :salute:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:44 am

LSD&2Es wrote:All he did was retweet Dorigo. People need to get a fucking grip and stop being so precious. Dorigo was right.

Being concerned and voicing that concern is one thing, but the level of hysteria that follows a loss and the level of vitriol that accompanies it isn't healthy for anyone.

All this "I'm entitled to say...." bollocks is pathetic. Yes, you are, but posting it on social media is just a cry for attention, you're not solving anything or moving a debate forward. Much better to debate it in a private forum with 20 other middle age sad sacks away from the glare of the public.

Absolutely.

Return to “The Square Ball”