Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Professor Weeto

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:31 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
Clacton white wrote:
sunshine whites wrote:Lewie Coyle and Pawel Cibicki have secured permanent moves away elsewhere,
while Laurens De Bock, Rafa Mujica and Conor Shaughnessy have made switches to ADO Den Haag, Villarreal B and Burton Albion respectively.

Only Jay-Roy Grot, still ours, set to complete a full season-long loan, staying put at Vitesse Arnheim, although the giant striker isn’t getting a lot of opportunities at present.

Would I be correct in saying only really O'Kane is left that is surplus to requirements ?

Does anyone know when O'kane's contract up?

I'd be astonished if Clacton hasn't looked into it.

Tommy

Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Tommy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:34 pm

Y’all forgot about Ouasim Bouy. Apparently he’s on good money and I gather still has two years left on his contract. I think I heard that he’s refused to train or some other silly bollocks. Fair to say he’s proved to be one of our worst signings ever.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Mon Jan 27, 2020 3:39 pm

dirty leeds wrote:When Hell freezes over, isn't it?

4 degrees in KSA last 3 days, real feel ZERO with frost in Riyadh, snow in the desert Tabruk KSA, Hale stones In Ras Al Kaimah 2 weeks ago, Snow on Jebel Jais UAE, Straits of Hormuz opposite Iran...
Leeds signed a fkn striker!
Winters coming
mmmm

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:02 pm

Tommy wrote:Y’all forgot about Ouasim Bouy. Apparently he’s on good money and I gather still has two years left on his contract. I think I heard that he’s refused to train or some other silly bollocks. Fair to say he’s proved to be one of our worst signings ever.

Wouldn't refusal to work be a sackable offence? Would be interesting to know the details on this one.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:22 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:
Clacton white wrote:Would I be correct in saying only really O'Kane is left that is surplus to requirements ?

Does anyone know when O'kane's contract up?

I'd be astonished if Clacton hasn't looked into it.

IKR? And yet, here we are.

2020 is a wild old ride so far.

Clacton needs to see him about some rent for that space in his head.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:36 pm

The 5 year plan with dreams of running a loan operation seems a long time ago.

jackos

Postby jackos » Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:01 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:Does anyone know when O'kane's contract up?

Transfermarkt - 30/06/2021

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:15 pm

:compress: :compress: warning lights...
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:23 pm

Quiffy wrote::compress: :compress: warning lights...

that's the beauty of a loan, i guess...

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:41 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Quiffy wrote::compress: :compress: warning lights...

that's the beauty of a loan, i guess...

We'll see. I mean Viduka, Hasselbaink, Dacourt and dare I say it Cantona all had attitude problems but we got a fuck load of value out of them.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:56 pm

He will respect Bielsa.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:11 pm

dirty leeds wrote:He will respect Bielsa.

This is literally stated by him as a large part of the motivation. To learn with him. If the extent of his ego and age is that he hasn't yet worked out why he shoulda said "learn from" instead, that bit, well, I suspect that'll come with time. And contact.

I'm thrilled by the prospect of someone eager to soak it all up. Now, he can prove that :bounce:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Mon Jan 27, 2020 9:49 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I'm thrilled by the prospect of someone eager to soak it all up..... :bounce:

Easy Danny :shock:
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 pm

i think we all know how this ends - something along the lines of:

(a) faced with competition, bamford ups his game considerably, starts scoring at 'goal every other game' kinda territory, enough to keep us in & around the top two until say late April and to keep his place as an automatic starter, with the new guy restricted to the odd bench etc cameo;
(b) menaing that JKA starts to get dispirited, rusty, quite possibly overweight; until
(c) PB gets quite badly crocked in late April, thrusting JKA into the spotlight;
(d) but he's well off the pace;
(e) we slip into third place, pipped no doubt by brentford [pontus scoring their crucial winner in some crunch game or other]; and
(f) etc.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:14 pm

Just caught up with the JKA show reel. Looks like he has some power in those boots. Hopefully he can Yeboah it, or at least Jimmy it.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 pm

the flying pig wrote:i think we all know how this ends - something along the lines of:

(a) faced with competition, bamford ups his game considerably, starts scoring at 'goal every other game' kinda territory, enough to keep us in & around the top two until say late April and to keep his place as an automatic starter, with the new guy restricted to the odd bench etc cameo;
(b) menaing that JKA starts to get dispirited, rusty, quite possibly overweight; until
(c) PB gets quite badly crocked in late April, thrusting JKA into the spotlight;
(d) but he's well off the pace;
(e) we slip into third place, pipped no doubt by brentford [pontus scoring their crucial winner in some crunch game or other]; and
(f) etc.

That's just the kind of hope that keeps me going :salute:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Jan 27, 2020 10:59 pm

It's like going back in time, we've signed Ian n Kevin
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:19 pm

Bielsa personally chatted with Poveda to come and join us (probably felt that he needed to step in). Now we're reading that Augustin decided we were the club for him because Bielsa is coach. Maybe Bielsa also had a chat with him to join us?

It would be unfair to give Orta the boot now as the five year plan will soon be over.

We can keep on as the tea maker :thumbl:

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 pm

welshwhite wrote:Bielsa personally chatted with Poveda to come and join us (probably felt that he needed to step in). Now we're reading that Augustin decided we were the club for him because Bielsa is coach. Maybe Bielsa also had a chat with him to join us?

It would be unfair to give Orta the boot now as the five year plan will soon be over.

I don't know if you got the memo but we not dicking about this year. Lube or no lube brace yourself Watford and wonder why the fuck we have been away so long.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Jan 27, 2020 11:29 pm

welshwhite wrote:Bielsa personally chatted with Poveda to come and join us (probably felt that he needed to step in). Now we're reading that Augustin decided we were the club for him because Bielsa is coach. Maybe Bielsa also had a chat with him to join us?

According to Adam Pope Bielsa didn't speak with JKA

Return to “The Square Ball”