Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby rss1969 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:25 pm

Quiffy wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Fresh owners could still spend money. Look at Villa, they were fucked and within days of going into admin and having to sell Grealish and one or two other key players.

The new money kept Grealish, added Abraham, Mings and McGinn to an already decent championship squad.

People will argue that had they not gone up they would have been docked 9 points the following season but that has not stopped Brum from recruiting this summer (yes they sold Adams but we sold a lot more).

3 or 4 key signings (a proper striker being the main one) and we would fly up.

If QSI came in they would simply overspend on players and plan to go up within 2 seasons, if not they are hardly going to go to the wall and 9 points now being the benchmark it would not curtail the plan as much as people think. They would probably just sell ER to themselves as so many others have. That amount of financial clout will always win out at this level.


villa sold their ground to 'themselves' to work around the rules. as ER is officially owned by greenfield investments i'm not sure we can do that.

and if we did you can be sure they'd shut that loophole on our necks.


Yes I know that i was thinking more about new owners doing it if an initial cash injection does not work or pushes the finances into a breach off FFP, just like the Villa owners did.

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat Oct 26, 2019 3:19 pm

rss1969 wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Fresh owners could still spend money. Look at Villa, they were fucked and within days of going into admin and having to sell Grealish and one or two other key players.

The new money kept Grealish, added Abraham, Mings and McGinn to an already decent championship squad.

People will argue that had they not gone up they would have been docked 9 points the following season but that has not stopped Brum from recruiting this summer (yes they sold Adams but we sold a lot more).

3 or 4 key signings (a proper striker being the main one) and we would fly up.

If QSI came in they would simply overspend on players and plan to go up within 2 seasons, if not they are hardly going to go to the wall and 9 points now being the benchmark it would not curtail the plan as much as people think. They would probably just sell ER to themselves as so many others have. That amount of financial clout will always win out at this level.


villa sold their ground to 'themselves' to work around the rules. as ER is officially owned by greenfield investments i'm not sure we can do that.

and if we did you can be sure they'd shut that loophole on our necks.


Yes I know that i was thinking more about new owners doing it if an initial cash injection does not work or pushes the finances into a breach off FFP, just like the Villa owners did.


I think the point Quiffy was making is that as Radz owns the ground and presumably wouldn't want to continue with its ownership if he sold the club, the only way for QSI to sell the ground to themselves, would be for Radz to sell the ground to the football club for a fiver (with the true value being included in purchase price for the club) and then for the football club to sell the ground to another QSI company for £60m. Possibly QSI are so rich that they wouldn't mind paying twice for the same asset if it enabled them to buy Messi etc. However the EFL would probably decree that although it wasn't contrary to any rules, such action would be contrary to the spirit of the league and therfore leeds would be fined £60m and demoted.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby rss1969 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:20 pm

Yeah I see your point but the buyout would be for the club plus its assets surely in which case the ground could be sold on to a sister company for 50m.........it is just your own money being shifted about for accounting sake.

Either way Radz cannot seem to find the golden ticket player that will score the goals that our play deserves. Eddie might be the man but he has not had the chance to show it yet.

Our better players were already here prior to Radz showing up and that smacks of poor recruitment and therefore poor investment.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:30 pm

The golden ticket, finance wise was to sell Phillips for £27m.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Quiffy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:40 pm

fucking golden ticket player was samu saiz. i know he lost it a bit, but in terms of creativity you don't get many better than pablo and he was. stick a samu on his game in our current team and we'd be creating more good quality chances for bamford and eddie.

i'm not too unhappy about our current position, there's something mentally sapping about being in first with less hunger to win and more expectation to win. we are better at the back than we were last year and we have got pablo and roberts to come back and start making things happen and make me stop going on about that spanish twat.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:51 pm

Quiffy wrote:f

i'm not too unhappy about our current position, there's something mentally sapping about being in first with less hunger to win and more expectation to win. we are better at the back than we were last year and we have got pablo and roberts to come back and start making things happen.


Totally agree - WBA have just drawn at home against Barnsley(!) and Charlton, whilst we had two away draws against sides in the top 4.

User avatar
eric olthwaite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:14 pm
Location: Over there, behind that bush

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Oct 26, 2019 4:56 pm

Quiffy wrote:fucking golden ticket player was samu saiz. i know he lost it a bit, but in terms of creativity you don't get many better than pablo and he was. stick a samu on his game in our current team and we'd be creating more good quality chances for bamford and eddie.

i'm not too unhappy about our current position, there's something mentally sapping about being in first with less hunger to win and more expectation to win. we are better at the back than we were last year and we have got pablo and roberts to come back and start making things happen and make me stop going on about that spanish twat.


Man, I’m tired of this revisionist bollocks. If you’re not doing much this evening go and look at stats for matches where Saiz played and where he didn’t, and his pass completion etc. He really wasn’t all that. The fact he had delicate little twinkly toes didn’t make him that much of a useful footballer.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Quiffy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:05 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:fucking golden ticket player was samu saiz. i know he lost it a bit, but in terms of creativity you don't get many better than pablo and he was. stick a samu on his game in our current team and we'd be creating more good quality chances for bamford and eddie.

i'm not too unhappy about our current position, there's something mentally sapping about being in first with less hunger to win and more expectation to win. we are better at the back than we were last year and we have got pablo and roberts to come back and start making things happen and make me stop going on about that spanish twat.


Man, I’m tired of this revisionist bollocks. If you’re not doing much this evening go and look at stats for matches where Saiz played and where he didn’t, and his pass completion etc. He really wasn’t all that. The fact he had delicate little twinkly toes didn’t make him that much of a useful footballer.

nah. no revisionism on my part, i've always been a big fan. bugger the stats, he caused havoc on the edge of the opposition box and actually made the right decision far more often than costa and harrison, how you measure that i don't know, but we miss him.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:30 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:fucking golden ticket player was samu saiz. i know he lost it a bit, but in terms of creativity you don't get many better than pablo and he was. stick a samu on his game in our current team and we'd be creating more good quality chances for bamford and eddie.

i'm not too unhappy about our current position, there's something mentally sapping about being in first with less hunger to win and more expectation to win. we are better at the back than we were last year and we have got pablo and roberts to come back and start making things happen and make me stop going on about that spanish twat.


Man, I’m tired of this revisionist bollocks. If you’re not doing much this evening go and look at stats for matches where Saiz played and where he didn’t, and his pass completion etc. He really wasn’t all that. The fact he had delicate little twinkly toes didn’t make him that much of a useful footballer.


This

User avatar
kennyb41
Joined: Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:10 am

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby kennyb41 » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:23 pm

Quiffy the fcker wanted to go and return home, what's the point trying to keep an unhappy player, it just doesn't bode well.

But if you're saying we didn't replace him i agree, but he just wasn't as industrious a player as Bert likes to have and a petulant little aggravating fcker to boot, todays game though showed me we are seriously lacking players of his skill and ability in the midfield and are over run with industrious ordinary fckers.

Bert must be pulling his fcking hair out with what he's working with, he's got them grafting but trying to polish turds ain't fckin easy, too many are clueless in the final third and we seriously miss Pablo as we all know - Klich becomes a lot less effective player - Dallas shouldn't be there but grafts - Harrison grafts but no real skills about his game - Phillips attacking play is affected....Costa has good attacking skills but no talent around him....I was impressed with Teddy today but he's gonna need Costa and Pablo desperately to compliment his style and bring out the best in him coz he has it in him.

Talented skilful players - Teddy, Pablo, Costa,....A bit of skill about them Roberts, Forshaw, Bamford

Workhorses - Harrison, Dallas, Alioski, Klich, Phillips, Ayling

Simply put - Pablo has the all round game for this league but we could do with 3 more like him - And the monkey with a pin is not the man to be finding them, I've no problem at all with Radz or Bert but Orta is the worst signing and thing Radz has done since his arrival at Elland Rd.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Quiffy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:42 pm

kennyb41 wrote:Quiffy the fcker wanted to go and return home, what's the point trying to keep an unhappy player, it just doesn't bode well.

But if you're saying we didn't replace him i agree,


i called him the 'spanish twat' to try and cover that. for the absence of doubt, i'm not saying we should have tried to keep hold of him, just that we haven't replaced him properly.

stupid bastard with a brilliant football mind. he could read which way people were going to go and take it in the opposite direction, he sucked players towards him and created gaps for others. klich has come in for some criticism but he's not the same sort of player. we need pablo back, or roberts in that role. you can't judge bamford or eddie properly on the few chances they're getting.

anyhow, we're third and performing below par, thankfully the defence and keeper are looking better than last year so it all bodes well.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:46 pm

Quiffy wrote:villa sold their ground to 'themselves' to work around the rules. as ER is officially owned by greenfield investments i'm not sure we can do that.

and if we did you can be sure they'd shut that loophole on our necks.


If QSI did buy the club there’d be nothing to stop a Qatari company buying the naming rights for ER & signing a shirt sponsorship deal for X million a season, or PSG loaning us a couple of star players for free to help us out of the championship. All sorts of shit seems to be okay until we try it.

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds Uni

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 26, 2019 7:52 pm

Fuck Saiz. He could have achieved something special at ER, now he’s plying his trade in front of 10k a week n the Spanish 2nd div

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am
Location: Middlesbrough

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:20 pm

Saiz was good for a while and then wasn't really worth his place in the team for the most part. Sure he was capable but didn't really do it too often. I know I might not be in the majority but I don't think he was much of a loss at all.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds Uni

Postby Quiffy » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:23 pm

jackos wrote:Fuck Saiz. He could have achieved something special at ER, now he’s plying his trade in front of 10k a week n the Spanish 2nd div


:thumbl:
Image
on my dartboard and far easier to get double top with.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby welshwhite » Sat Oct 26, 2019 8:48 pm

I just hope our new owners also buy the ground (the full package). I wouldn't want us paying rent again for it.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests