The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby jackos » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:20 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:Spurs. Ouch!

Completely forgot those loathsome twats were playing. Nice. Watch their fickle fans disappear and attendances plumet if this continues.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:23 pm

Kinell!
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:24 pm

Yep. Shame the step-Devi’s are Spurts... :lol:
I like it. What is it?

Proud to be Leeds

Postby Proud to be Leeds » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:54 pm

Apparently Vertonghen had been caught shagging Eriksen's missus...
Leeds United - I love you more than I want to.

Raising awareness for Oesophageal Cancer - https://www.justgiving.com/jeffcooper61/

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Tue Oct 01, 2019 11:04 pm

The xG for that one is staggering. Bayern had no big chances and racked up less then 2 xG in total.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:37 am

Had an odd situation at work a month or so back. Had this bloke who’d been with us 7 or 8 years and over the last couple of years we’d given him different projects / roles in an attempt to push him on and find his niche. But whatever responsibilities we gave him he either fucked up or just didn’t do well - in one case losing us about £70k in fees. We’d set up a review with him and were going to give him a formal warning: ie do X and Y in the next six weeks or fuck off. When the meeting came and before we got a word in he resigned, telling us we didn’t appreciate him, he was the best architect we’d ever employed and asked why we hadn’t promoted him. Mad, but a relief to see the back of the arrogant witless fucktard.

Anyway, he was Spurs and it warms my black heart to know he’ll have been there last night.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:29 am

Brother in law of a good friend is Spurs -> all this bullshit over the past 1-2 years “there is a school of thought that Spurs are about to break through at the very top tier etc etc”. Anyway - with their current woes - I “asked after this guy” assuming my friend was making some hay. Seems the Brother in Law has lost interest in football this season. That - in a nutshell - is a Spurs fan.
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

London_White

Postby London_White » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:33 pm

Yep, think everyone thought that reaching the final last year would be a springboard for them - looks more like it was their peak.
In 2019 they've played 27 games - 11 wins, 4 draws and 10 losses
Poch out before Xmas probably

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:40 pm

there was a recent article in 'the Athletic', had quite a few stats in it, seemed to fairly conclusively show that the really breakneck pressing game that this spurs team made its name for a few yrs back has become a thing of the past, for whatever reason, e.g. maybe some or all of playing squad size/injuries/ageing/burnout/motiviation. remembering that Poc is a [kinda] Bielsa disciple and that we do sthg similar, might this sort of drop-off be in the pipeline for us?

[do you think Phil & co would mind me posting the article?]

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:22 pm

You would have to be pretty confident being 3-0 up at home to Salzburg but....... :lol:

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:51 pm

AndyPaul wrote:You would have to be pretty confident being 3-0 up at home to Salzburg but....... :lol:

Jammy twats

Return to “The Square Ball”