Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Yeboah

Re: Is Radrizanni's "brand" of football good enough for Leeds United?

Postby Yeboah » Fri Aug 09, 2019 12:43 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
I'd be amazed if on day 1 the plan said:
Year 1: consolidate
Year 2: Get Bielsa and fall short
Year 3: Keep Bielsa and go for it

However, it's pretty clear it involved paying £30m+ on wages from years 2 onwards and try to maintain a steady base to build on.

More of a framework really.

FFP teeth have clearly changed the landscape somewhat.

Given those constraints we might be entering an era where the most important signings are the 5 loanees and champ clubs simply can't afford to buy anyone for substantial money.

Rest of team made up of cheaper foreign gems and the yoof.

In theory it should tip things more in our favour. But may also mean that parachute payment clubs have an even greater advantage.

Gonna be interesting

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:05 pm

Yeboah wrote:FFP teeth have clearly changed the landscape somewhat.

Given those constraints we might be entering an era where the most important signings are the 5 loanees and champ clubs simply can't afford to buy anyone for substantial money.

Rest of team made up of cheaper foreign gems and the yoof.

In theory it should tip things more in our favour. But may also mean that parachute payment clubs have an even greater advantage.

Gonna be interesting

Yes to all that.

The loopholes need looking at too, imo, to stop twats like Mel Morris acting the arse.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:48 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:Oh, we're doing this again are we?

Just further clarification that the 5 year plan is a thing.

:mrgreen: I maintain the devil is in the detail. The plan seems to stay and end at "we'll try to get promoted within the 5 years and if we fail, we'll sell up/leave".

I'd be amazed if on day 1 the plan said:
Year 1: consolidate
Year 2: Get Bielsa and fall short
Year 3: Keep Bielsa and go for it

However, it's pretty clear it involved paying £30m+ on wages from years 2 onwards and try to maintain a steady base to build on.

More of a framework really.

Think the comments about Birmingham and having to sell ekuban and co are important.

The idea of setting up a side project to loan players has pretty much been abandoned and the focus is now on the first team as they cant risk any ffp troubles.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:24 pm

There's a lot of reasons to get wound up by dickhead Leeds fans on the Twatter but the two greatest irritants at the moment are:

1. This assumption that transfer expenditure coming in has to match transfer expenditure going out. Setting aside losses to fees and taxes, it's still bleedin' obvious that operating costs are an issue now salaries have gone up. You can't isolate transfers from everything else.
2. Clearly there was this idea when Radz came in about processing lots of 'maybe' players through the club as a potential revenue opportunity. a) it didn't work, and b) FFP stuff has forced the club to rethink expenditure in the round, so they given up and have now tried to ship as many bodies through the door as possible. So they've tried an idea, realised it was a mistake and are now trying to correct it? Isn't that what anyone vaguely sane would try to do - recognise errors and put them right? But the whole thing is seen as evidence of a disaster. Fuck off.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:41 pm

Latest from the club on ground improvements
https://centenarysquare.uk.com/#/book/select-size
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Aug 09, 2019 4:47 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Latest from the club on ground improvements
https://centenarysquare.uk.com/#/book/select-size

Nice.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:02 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:There's a lot of reasons to get wound up by dickhead Leeds fans on the Twatter but the two greatest irritants at the moment are:

1. This assumption that transfer expenditure coming in has to match transfer expenditure going out. Setting aside losses to fees and taxes, it's still bleedin' obvious that operating costs are an issue now salaries have gone up. You can't isolate transfers from everything else.
2. Clearly there was this idea when Radz came in about processing lots of 'maybe' players through the club as a potential revenue opportunity. a) it didn't work, and b) FFP stuff has forced the club to rethink expenditure in the round, so they given up and have now tried to ship as many bodies through the door as possible. So they've tried an idea, realised it was a mistake and are now trying to correct it? Isn't that what anyone vaguely sane would try to do - recognise errors and put them right? But the whole thing is seen as evidence of a disaster. Fuck off.

You should try sitting next to some of the opinionated twats at the ground. I have to put up with it 23 times a year for nearly two hours.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Aug 09, 2019 5:42 pm

Tycipa wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:There's a lot of reasons to get wound up by dickhead Leeds fans on the Twatter but the two greatest irritants at the moment are:

You should try sitting next to some of the opinionated twats at the ground. I have to put up with it 23 times a year for nearly two hours.

The people behind me are not fans of Bielsaball at all, it's infuriating as I find it a thing of beauty (though a bit more directness at times would be good, turning the Payson into more frequent chances).

I'm not looking forward to another season of complaints whenever Cooper doesn't stride forward with the ball into midfield until he's under pressure and instead chooses to exchange 5 passes with White. It doesn't change anything when the end result is a long diagonal, cross and goal. They're not yet comfortable with the passing triangles in our own 3rd either "get rid Leeds".

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:51 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Tycipa wrote:

The people behind me are not fans of Bielsaball at all, it's infuriating as I find it a thing of beauty (though a bit more directness at times would be good, turning the Payson into more frequent chances).

I'm not looking forward to another season of complaints whenever Cooper doesn't stride forward with the ball into midfield until he's under pressure and instead chooses to exchange 5 passes with White. It doesn't change anything when the end result is a long diagonal, cross and goal. They're not yet comfortable with the passing triangles in our own 3rd either "get rid Leeds".

Big lad 2 rows in front of me only said one thing season 17-18, FORWARD!, every 2 fucking minutes. He upped his game last season by throwing TIGHT! around willy nilly as well as his favourite :roll:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:43 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:
jackos wrote:
Radz seemed really passionate when he arrived, but today I get the impression that we're just another business venture. 45 year old bloke, no family as far as I know, supposedly worth a few hundred million quid, seems to live in hotels, and is mates with some pretty dodgy regimes around the world. Makes me wonder how he gets his kicks.. For good or bad, Max was as open as a book.

Not that it really makes much difference but I’m pretty sure Radz has a kid—bumped into him in town last year after Wigan at home, of all times. He was with his wife/partner and carrying a very tired looking child. Unless it was a kidnapping.

You win Weeto :thumbl:

Despite being a regular at Elland Road, Radrizzani is currently based back in his hometown, but he’s revealed he and his family will make the move to Leeds if the club gets promoted.

“I’ve been away for more than 15 years,” he said.

“This year I decided to come back for one year in Milan to stay here with my family so my son can learn Italian and go to school here, the first year of school

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:04 pm

He'll move to Leeds if we get promoted, say's he.
And if we don't get promoted it's likely he will not. Sounds like a man with short term plans.

That will leave the new owner with the loan players all gone back, Bielsa and his bucket moving out.
Some of our current first team regulars coming to the end of their contracts so will have no market value and could leave for nothing.
The incoming manager will be inheriting a very small squad and those any good (Phillips, etc) will be looking to fuck off as soon as possible.
Interesting times ahead for those that like to look slightly forward. I just hope it's not going to be another Italian connection, I don't think I could cope with a clone of Radz and Cellino.

Oh well, as Blondie once sang.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:48 pm

welshwhite wrote:He'll move to Leeds if we get promoted, say's he.
And if we don't get promoted it's likely he will not. Sounds like a man with short term plans.

I would put money on him never moving his family to Leeds or Yorkshire permanently, he's bit of a playboy, worth a couple of hundred million and lives in Milan, why would he move to Leeds? He can take a private jet to LBA whenever he likes.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:56 pm

jackos wrote:

I would put money on him never moving his family to Leeds or Yorkshire permanently, he's bit of a playboy, worth a couple of hundred million and lives in Milan, why would he move to Leeds? He can take a private jet to LBA whenever he likes.

Just as long as he pays for the fucker, someone never used too :)

Strange that he say's he'll do it if we get promoted though, fucking glory hunting cunt :)

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:09 pm

welshwhite wrote:Strange that he say's he'll do it if we get promoted though, fucking glory hunting cunt :)

Perhaps he'll surprise me. How many EPL club owners live in their clubs city? A lot of them hardly make it tore than a handful of games every season.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:39 pm

jackos wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Strange that he say's he'll do it if we get promoted though, fucking glory hunting cunt :)

Perhaps he'll surprise me. How many EPL club owners live in their clubs city? A lot of them hardly make it tore than a handful of games every season.

A lot of these super rich people like to be at the ground, in the public eye, I mean why buy a club otherwise.
Unless of course they like losing 20m every year.

I think he'll be gone if we fail this season. Personally I'm in a no lose situation, if we go up I'm over the moon, if we don't he'll fuck off :cheers:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:03 am

I also think he's doing a grand job.

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2019/09/13/l ... adrizzani/
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:09 am

Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:32 am

jackos wrote:

In this day and age I don't have a problem with someone living abroad and running a company elsewhere , communication and travel is so much easier these days . I bet he could get to Leeds quicker from Milan than he could from London . Doesn't he have business interests elsewhere anyway , not just LUFC ? . Maybe its better that way and let people who know football and the club be in control and they just run things by him etc . Yorkshire is nice , yes ....but the scenery in that part of Italy up to the Italian lakes is something else . Most of their cities make ours look like 3rd world shit ........ IMO of course . Given the chance I must admit I'd be out of this country ASAP .

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Clacton white wrote:Doesn't he have business interests elsewhere anyway , not just LUFC ?

I think his business interests are in London and Singapore, he mentions that he's been away from home for something like 14 years, and is back in Milan to for year for his wife's sake and so his kid can learn Italian

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:54 pm

jackos wrote:
Clacton white wrote:Doesn't he have business interests elsewhere anyway , not just LUFC ?

I think his business interests are in London and Singapore, he mentions that he's been away from home for something like 14 years, and is back in Milan to for year for his wife's sake and so his kid can learn Italian

I suppose Milan is sort of central between London and Singapore :shock: ....... NOT . If he chooses Milan to live I can't blame him . Got a lot going for it . Probably feels more at home in Italy , being Italian and all that .
He's been away so long only the dog recognises him when he goes back ( old Greek story , Odysseus ) .

Return to “The Square Ball”