Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mindo

Re: Trialists, Transfers & Speculation

Postby Mindo » Fri May 24, 2019 7:31 pm

Douglas is a poor defender, he can't tackle for toffee.

He's got a great left foot, but Bielsa's system seems to thrive when the full backs are getting to the byline or into the box and he doesn't have the legs for that

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sat May 25, 2019 12:04 pm

Reports in today's rags that there could be an offer of £15m on the table for Clarke. And maybe a season loan back reducing it a few million.
I think I would take the £15 for him. As already said he came back after the illness and didn't look quite as good as he was before, I'd take the 15, and run. It would maybe let us keep KP, he would be the one I would miss the most.
Andymac

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sat May 25, 2019 12:16 pm

Yep I’d have a bit of that I reckon
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat May 25, 2019 12:52 pm

Keep Clarke for another year and he’ll be worth more. He’d all but dislodged Harrison before his illness. Think how much Harrison is supposedly worth. I’d be prepared to bet that whether he becomes a top tier player or not, at some point he’ll go for a lot of money on sheer potential.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sat May 25, 2019 1:01 pm

PHIL HAY @philhay 18 minutes.

Leeds Utd owner rejects swap move from Barcelona.

Lionel Messi was offered for future England captain Kalvin Phillips.

The offer was declined and no further talks are expected.

68 retweets 97 likes.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat May 25, 2019 1:22 pm

Tommy wrote:Think how much Harrison is supposedly worth.

City supposedly want 7.5M for Harrison if we want to sign him on a permanent transfer - too rich for us but a lot less than clubs are supposedly willing to pay for Clarke [today].

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 25, 2019 1:35 pm

welshwhite wrote:PHIL HAY @philhay 18 minutes.

Leeds Utd owner rejects swap move from Barcelona.

Lionel Messi was offered for future England captain Kalvin Phillips.

The offer was declined and no further talks are expected.

68 retweets 97 likes.

Too unbelievable; should've said "Messi + cash".
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Sat May 25, 2019 5:29 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Some odd views on here of people who want to sell Roofe and Pontus. My question is ... why?

Because we need the money. Roofe is out of contract in 12 months, and PJ is our most sellable assist that is replaceable.
#MOT #GAWA

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun May 26, 2019 9:39 am

It's bullshit right up until it ain't, but this would suggest the great man is staying, if he's given Ideguchi the green light to leave...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 26, 2019 11:14 am

Blackwhite wrote:It's bullshit right up until it ain't, but this would suggest the great man is staying, if he's given Ideguchi the green light to leave...

Link at the bottom of that (dubious) article says Pontus is off too.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Sun May 26, 2019 12:18 pm

Casilla could be on his way out according to social media rumours. Will at least give me the opportunity to bang the Westwood drum for about the 10th transfer window running
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun May 26, 2019 8:03 pm

Fine with Kiko leaving if I’m honest.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun May 26, 2019 10:17 pm

Suspect we’re all agreed on that.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun May 26, 2019 11:23 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Suspect we’re all agreed on that.

depends.

the guy has some good points to his game, not a total liability don't think i'd want us to be paying his wages to play for someone else, i'd rather give him a second chance.

on the other hand, he does have some depressingly, for a supposedly good, experienced, keeper, clownish tendencies, if we coudl somehow find someone to take up most or all of his contract then, sure, a parting of ways might well be in order.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Mon May 27, 2019 4:57 am

the flying pig wrote:

depends.

the guy has some good points to his game, not a total liability don't think i'd want us to be paying his wages to play for someone else, i'd rather give him a second chance.

on the other hand, he does have some depressingly, for a supposedly good, experienced, keeper, clownish tendencies, if we coudl somehow find someone to take up most or all of his contract then, sure, a parting of ways might well be in order.

I agree with the pig.
If he can sort out an understanding with the defence I think he’s a good keeper. The Derby fuck up, I still say Cooper was partially to blame.
Also depends on the planned incoming replacement. I don’t want to see BPF start the season as first choice.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon May 27, 2019 6:47 am

Ponte wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

depends.

I agree with the pig.
If he can sort out an understanding with the defence I think he’s a good keeper. The Derby fuck up, I still say Cooper was partially to blame.
Also depends on the planned incoming replacement. I don’t want to see BPF start the season as first choice.

Having actually got round to watching that goal now (it popped up on social media) I think Cooper was almost entirely to blame.

But yeah, if Kiko leaves without us paying him to go I'd be ok with that.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 27, 2019 10:11 am

Ponte wrote:
the flying pig wrote:

depends.

I agree with the pig.

Yep, pretty much this.....getting rid of Kiko depends entirely on..

- finances
- replacement

BPF needs to go too.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 27, 2019 10:12 am

Mindo wrote:Douglas is a poor defender, he can't tackle for toffee.

He's got a great left foot, but Bielsa's system seems to thrive when the full backs are getting to the byline or into the box and he doesn't have the legs for that

Yep, I think I said this 6 months ago, and for GA to play LB

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 27, 2019 10:13 am

Ponte wrote:Yeboah in taking up contrary viewpoint shocker.

Being right.....less surprising.....;-)

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 27, 2019 10:16 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:We do realise that Roofe is a 1in2 striker getting better every season right?

Factor in that he didn't even play up front in some of the games this season.

Maupay might have had a marginally better record last year but go back a season and he's got barely just over a 1in4 for a full season.

We don't need to replace Roofe (who also works his bollocks off in marcelos system) we need to support him

Some odd views on here of people who want to sell Roofe and Pontus. My question is ... why?

Why sell Roofe? Because he’s garbage...? In the last year of his contract and wants a massive pay rise.

Why sell PJ? Because he’s our best player and most saleable asset.....and financially the club is on its arse.

Return to “The Square Ball”