Flatulent Fat fractious Franks fuckers get Ram Tupped up their treepiggin' cuntoes CyberKop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
topbin

Re: Flatulent Fat fractious Franks fuckers get Ram Tupped up their treepiggin' cuntoes CyberKop

Postby topbin » Thu May 16, 2019 1:42 pm

Dublin White wrote:Some of you are very philosophical!

Ayling, do we blame him for the 4th or Bamford? He is great at bombing on but gets too many passes for the amount of times he is caught out like he was last night. They have just hit the post, there’s a few mins to go and he is caught in the middle of the pitch on the halfway line and we are fucked.

I think Ayling was one of the better players on the night so would be loathe to blame him. He and Dallas were making much more of the space in front of them than any of our midfielders, the number of times I thought "Oh if only Ayling could finish", then remembering he's a RB and that's why he's not volleying crosses into the back of the net.

Phil LUFC

Re: Flatulent Fat fractious Franks fuckers get Ram Tupped up their treepiggin' cuntoes CyberKop

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu May 16, 2019 8:19 pm

At the end of the day, I at least have had the opportunity to share the memory of the occasion with the boy, the atmosphere was good generally and at times special (though never quite as special from the family stand as it'd have been in either end we were generally stood for most of the game).

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 16, 2019 8:55 pm

the problem with those free scarves was that they were printed different way ups on either side. you had to pay attention not to show it the wrong way round. i can imagine the cameras panning into the crowd to see a load of upside down 'leeds are we'
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu May 16, 2019 9:02 pm

Quiffy wrote:the problem with those free scarves was that they were printed different way ups on either side. you had to pay attention not to show it the wrong way round. i can imagine the cameras panning into the crowd to see a load of upside down 'leeds are we'

They did.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 16, 2019 9:28 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Quiffy wrote:the problem with those free scarves was that they were printed different way ups on either side. you had to pay attention not to show it the wrong way round. i can imagine the cameras panning into the crowd to see a load of upside down 'leeds are we'

They did.

:oops: I had to employ my best gcse rotation skills and sing at the same time, multi tasking, to avoid this faux pas
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu May 16, 2019 9:39 pm

Tycipa wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Folk are being very forgiving of Beradi I reckon. He absolutely should have had two fouls before he reacted but that doesn’t excuse the fact that it’s yet another blow up that has cost us a game. Just absolute fucking stupidity over and over again from him.

Berra did not cost us the game, his sending off was just a part of all the chaotic madness. Last night was scripted by Benioff and Weiss.

Look at the 4th goal.

It's down to a lack of numbers nobody to cover ayling.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Fri May 17, 2019 8:02 am

Knew it was going to be a crap evening when i got stuck on the M62 for hours on the way over and missed the KO. But that was a total bottle job, even bigger than I ever expected from Leeds, and that’s saying something. I honestly expected to make it really hard work for ourselves but just about scrape through and then bottle it in the final. At least it has saved us that heartache (and expense) now.

Kiko was a total liability;
Pablo was rubbish again;
Bamford faded badly after 30 mins;
Cooper was erratic;
Berra was Berra;
Dallas was immense;
Brown was pointless;
Ayling was good;
Phillips was brilliant;
Klich was Meh;
Harrison was decent;
Shack was decent;

Far too many big players off form, especially the keeper which sent shock waves through the team’s confidence from the very back right to the front. Goal before half time killed us, we were in complete control of the game and tie up to that point. A lot of hurt for Kiko and Cooper to bear responsibility over the summer months I feel. I hope they both didnt sleep well after that match.

The way we capitulated was again, a worrying sign of our mental frailties and lack of real leaders in the team. I wouldn’t be amiss to losing any of that side in the summer to rebuild and go again under Bielsa, with the exception of Phillips and Pablo. All others are dispensable and replaceable, but keeping KP is key for me. We need a leader on the pitch, a Milner would be ideal though out of price range.

The key thing now, is keeping Bielsa, giving him what he wants to go again (it would appear that he wants to rebuild and will want assurances first).
#MOT #GAWA

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Fri May 17, 2019 8:17 am

Aside from keeping Bielsa which for me is most important by a factor of “n”, I definitely worry about an aging Pablo. Start of last season we had him and a happy Samu as our X factors and - honestly - too much for anyone to handle. Second half of the season - no Samu and Pablo feeling the effects of age and a a long season. I would guess that is high on Bielsa’s “To Do” list when presumably he sits down with Orta and Radz to discuss next season.

With the strikers - I really believe there is a good player in Bamford - but a lot of stars need to align to see him at his best. And I think with a rejuvenated play maker we’d see more out of him (and assuming he doesn’t miss a significant proposition of the season with an injury).
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Fri May 17, 2019 11:52 am

Right let's talk about Bamford. He's obviously got some talent and can score goals, but in my estimation there are a couple of issues

Firstly he hasn't looked fit to me at all this season. I'm unsure if that's the injury and that a pre season under Bielsa will sort it out. What worries me however is that his fitness now doesn't appear any better than that match a few weeks ago where he was practically falling over with fatigue and missed a host of chances

Secondly he appears to have scored goals throughout his career in clusters rather than notching week on week

Thirdly: he appears intimidated by the expectation of the crowd. Some players thrive like Becchio and some .., are well, Billy Painter.

Forthly: He slows everything down too much, it's not just that he doesn't have pace but he's almost Giving every situation too much though rather than being instinctive

Finally and most worryingly he displays cowardice. Eddie Gray always talks about the thing that marks out great players is courage. I don't mean being a hard man, I mean taking responsibilty. He hides from it

These are the reasons that his stats will look ok but his results seem poor

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 17, 2019 11:58 am

That famously huggable training ground goal; when has he ever attempted anything like that in a real match?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Fri May 17, 2019 12:48 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Right let's talk about Bamford. He's obviously got some talent and can score goals, but in my estimation there are a couple of issues

Firstly he hasn't looked fit to me at all this season. I'm unsure if that's the injury and that a pre season under Bielsa will sort it out. What worries me however is that his fitness now doesn't appear any better than that match a few weeks ago where he was practically falling over with fatigue and missed a host of chances

Secondly he appears to have scored goals throughout his career in clusters rather than notching week on week

Thirdly: he appears intimidated by the expectation of the crowd. Some players thrive like Becchio and some .., are well, Billy Painter.

Forthly: He slows everything down too much, it's not just that he doesn't have pace but he's almost Giving every situation too much though rather than being instinctive

Finally and most worryingly he displays cowardice. Eddie Gray always talks about the thing that marks out great players is courage. I don't mean being a hard man, I mean taking responsibilty. He hides from it

Good post - and I don’t fundamentally disagree with these comments. I like that he clearly is a talented footballer and can score goals (but ref my “stars need to align” comment). I definitely considered point 1 and maybe have used that as an excuse for him. And Bielsa will know whether it is fundamentally a fitness issue. The points around confidence, instinct and bravery all need to be pointed out to him fully and frankly. What I don’t know about Bielsa is whether he is the type to pull him into his office and talk these through with him. Style avuncular vs hair dryer dependent on Bamford’s personality but I suspect option one might work best. But ... I am not sure that is Bielsa’s style - and the language issue makes it hard to be effective in such discussions.

I want him to do well because he is a talented footballer but accept he is running out of time and chances.
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Fri May 17, 2019 1:42 pm

There is no doubting Bamford's ability. He just doesn't suit of style of play under Bielsa.
#MOT #GAWA

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Fri May 17, 2019 2:40 pm

Bamford just doesn't seem like an instinctive finisher. He's ok when he has time to think about finishing but doesn't gamble or find the right space. Top strikers know where the ball will be going, he needs the ball to him.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Fri May 17, 2019 5:58 pm

thestraw wrote:There is no doubting Bamford's ability. He just doesn't suit of style of play under Bielsa.

I hear you up to a point but raises the question: Why did Bielsa buy him then?

BC

Postby BC » Fri May 17, 2019 6:11 pm

Not sure he did.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri May 17, 2019 6:32 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:Right let's talk about Bamford. He's obviously got some talent and can score goals, but in my estimation there are a couple of issues

that's pretty spot on i reckon. if anyone can get him to show his potential, and there is plenty of that, then it's bielsa. i do think in terms of potential, there's a better than £7m striker in there*, i just want him to be given a proper crack of the whip. back in the day when beckford was starting out at leeds i was on waccoe and remember getting slaughtered for suggesting he had any virtues at all. then you look at chris wood who took over a year to settle down. first half against derby his overall game was good, but a striker like him cannot create goals from nothing, he needs better service amongst other things.

*i'm thinking of the hugill and assombalonga price tags here.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri May 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Swedish press reporting that Lampard rang up a 2800 quid bar bill celebrating their win against us? Perhaps someone should tell him they've not been promoted yet, and that Villa are unlikely to gift them the game like we did ...

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Fri May 17, 2019 10:00 pm

jackos wrote:Swedish press reporting that Lampard rang up a 2800 quid bar bill celebrating their win against us? Perhaps someone should tell him they've not been promoted yet, and that Villa are unlikely to gift them the game like we did ...

Classy bloke that Frank

emtee

Postby emtee » Sun May 19, 2019 9:07 am

ne1 no where i can dl the full 90 mins?

Return to “The Square Ball”