Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Phatphil65

Re: The creekit

Postby Phatphil65 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Darren Gough still talks shit.

Tommy

The creekit

Postby Tommy » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:18 pm

Great run chase in the opening ODI. Lots of very bad drops but some fantastic batting too. Another ton for Root.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:50 am

I used to enjoy reading Brett's knowledgeable views on all things cricket.

Its a shame he's left the site.

Bye, Cobber. :salute:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:06 am

That because of that pompous bigoted cunt with multiple alias that hogs the fcking site and wants it to himself?

Yeah thought as much.
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:25 am

kennyb41 wrote:That because of that pompous bigoted cunt with multiple alias that hogs the fcking site and wants it to himself?

Yeah thought as much.

I'm not one for banning people, K, but I do however think people with multiple alias's are close to crossing that line :thumbd:

How's the poker going, I won a big comp a little while back :cheers:

kennyb41

Postby kennyb41 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:36 am

No joy in Dublin,one tourney had QQ beaten by KQ when all in and in the main event had QQ again beaten by 99 again all in,nothing really running right atm was going to play the 300 euro on the Saturday and the 200 on a Sunday but arranged early flight home mainly coz just don't feel lucky or confident when going all in,keeping trying to find some pma but difficult when bad beats hit you like that.
Was your comp online or live?
Just coz you're paranoid doesn't mean people aren't after you....Show me a good loser and i'll show you a fcking loser...I owe I owe it's off to work I go.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:53 am

kennyb41 wrote:No joy in Dublin,one tourney had QQ beaten by KQ when all in and in the main event had QQ again beaten by 99 again all in,nothing really running right atm was going to play the 300 euro on the Saturday and the 200 on a Sunday but arranged early flight home mainly coz just don't feel lucky or confident when going all in,keeping trying to find some pma but difficult when bad beats hit you like that.
Was your comp online or live?

Its a fucker when your luck is out. Mine was live in my local workingmans club, 7 of us put a fiver in, winner takes all.

35 quid......Get in!
There's another similar big comp in the Red Lion Tuesday night - can't wait.

Don't ever play online, its the biggest con known to man.

Dave from Preston or some other made-up-fucker always get a miracle hand at just the right time.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:54 am

Shame it’s not a T20 World Cup coming up
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:54 am

Not sure the hand-wringing being directed at Ashwin for his Mankad dismissal of Buttler in the IPL last night is entirely justified. As good as Buttler is, he has form for setting off too early. All Ashwin did was ask the question of the Umpires, which is literally how any dismissal is achieved. They should clarify the rules if it's so dreadful.

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:23 am

The rules are clear. The game should be played in the right spirit. What Ashwin did was not.
I like it. What is it?

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:27 am

Had he warned him first, would that be okay? I thought it was fair enough when Sri Lanka did it to him previously because he was setting off too early. If you know a player has a weakness for it, presumably it's up to the batsman to address the issue?

Devi

Postby Devi » Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:55 am

Had he warned him, then yes, it would’ve been Buttler’s Screw up.
He didn’t.
I like it. What is it?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Tue Mar 26, 2019 8:03 am

I’m probably with Devi on this, in principle. Ashwin doesn’t appear to have any intention of delivering the ball. When he places his front foot, as though to deliver, Buttler is still inside. If that’s the rule it needs to be better defined.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Apr 02, 2019 1:59 pm

Sam Curran's hattrick in the IPL yesterday was pretty, pretty good.

Whilst you're there, might as well watch Bairstow's 51 ball century too. Shared a big hug with his batting partner, teammate and good old pal [checks notes] uh, David Warner.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Apr 11, 2019 9:19 pm

New Fosters advert complete with Brett using Yellow sandpaper on the ball :D

Tommy

The creekit

Postby Tommy » Tue May 14, 2019 1:31 pm

Tom Curran has just pulled off a note perfect ‘Pablo against the Blunts’ dismissal.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri May 17, 2019 1:56 pm

Yorkshire looking good for a win at Canterbury. Weather forecast is decent, so plenty of time left.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri May 17, 2019 9:34 pm

And so it proved. Good lads.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Wed May 22, 2019 5:44 am

So the England World Cup squad has been decided, with Willey, Denly and obviously Hales missing out.

Eoin Morgan (capt, Middlesex), Moeen Ali (Worcestershire), Jofra Archer (Sussex), Jonny Bairstow (wk, Yorkshire), Jos Buttler (wk, Lancashire), Tom Curran (Surrey), Liam Dawson (Hampshire), Liam Plunkett (Surrey), Adil Rashid (Yorkshire), Joe Root (Yorkshire), Jason Roy (Surrey), Ben Stokes (Durham), James Vince (Hampshire), Chris Woakes (Warwickshire), Mark Wood (Durham).

Very harsh on Willey, who has been largely terrific in a blue shirt for England since the last WC and a big vote of confidence for the still largely untested but highly rated Archer.

Does anyone care to make a prediction? For me I can't see past India or Australia taking it because they're both more likely than other sides to show resilience in the knock-out rounds. It seems likely that this will be a draining experience for bowlers and it wouldn't surprise me if we see a few 400+ scores, maybe one 500+. I can see England doing very well in the opening round robin but ultimately choking in the finals. Lots of hay being made for the depth of batting but when you're an injury away from resorting to Vince again, it doesn't seem as powerful as it has done at various points throughout the past few years when Hales was also available. Stokes and Ali remain potent batsmen in theory but both seem to have softened over the past year or so.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Wed May 22, 2019 7:19 am

England have obviously been incredible in the last couple of years but all these outrageous run chases just leave me thinking that we’re conceding too many runs and will inevitably fall 13 runs short of 380 in the semis.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Return to “The Square Ball”