I hate that duck - all aboard for the Daniel James derby

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Clacton white

Re: I hate that duck - all aboard for the Daniel James derby

Postby Clacton white » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:55 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Great first half, sketchy second half.

Who reversed the polarity?

Ayling !!!!

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:29 am

Didn't see the match but Noel was suggesting Ayling had a very good game apart from the pen.

Any chance we can get some ratings like we used to do on here? Also interested in Dan James: potential or no?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:20 am

Anyway, congrats to TFP for assuming the burden and coming out unscathed.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:43 am

Ayling, penalty and a couple of poor touches apart, was pretty good.
KP was immense again. I’m fucking delighted for the lad for turning into such a crucial player. A top coach has really turned him into some player.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Feb 14, 2019 6:44 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Didn't see the match but Noel was suggesting Ayling had a very good game apart from the pen.

Any chance we can get some ratings like we used to do on here? Also interested in Dan James: potential or no?

Yeah, quick and lively. Didn’t have the best of games but you could see he’s a player.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:09 am

The James kid never really stood a chance last night. One of their C/backs looks really good last night, blonde/baldy fella.
Andymac

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 am

Andymac-47 wrote:The James kid never really stood a chance last night. One of their C/backs looks really good last night, blonde/baldy fella.

Yeah, he impressed Eddie Gray too.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am

Ayling has just never seemed 100% since he came back from injury. His passing and positioning just seem way off and when it results in us losing the ball and being so easy to overload on the break it's an issue.
I get the feeling he needs a couple of steadier games where he takes less risks to get back into the groove. At the moment he's just not on the same wavelength as the rest of the team
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am

eric olthwaite wrote:Anyway, congrats to TFP for assuming the burden and coming out unscathed.

What swung it, do you think - simply the identity of the thread starter, something about the title, the picture...?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:51 am

I think the picture was a good 85% of it, in all likelihood. Solid thread title proposition, backed up by good research.

By contrast, my attempt for Boro was a smidge too far up itself, hence only scraping a draw.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:44 am

Ok, maybe I'll do the next one, see if a similar formula can repeat its magic as you'd expect it might well do being Bolton at home.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:19 am

At times Pontus looks like a FIFA player that you’ve created to be 7ft tall and with 99 strength. He simply overwhelms opposition strikers when they receive the ball with their back to goal
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:22 am

MightyWhite wrote:At times Pontus looks like a FIFA player that you’ve created to be 7ft tall and with 99 strength. He simply overwhelms opposition strikers when they receive the ball with their back to goal

And the fact he throws in a Cruyff turn occasionally (last night on the right wing!) just adds to the effect. :cheers:
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Tommy

I hate that duck - all aboard for the Daniel James derby

Postby Tommy » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:32 am

It’s a team effort but I do feel that Pontus, Pablo & Phillips are visibly better than this league. When even two of the three are on form we look like we can beat almost anyone.

Now Harrison is starting to look decent again and we’ve got a few candidates for number 10, it seems as though we’re better keeping Alioski at left-back. He’s offside a lot less and still impacts the game.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:51 am

I thought Alioski had a belter of a game last night. Seems to be gelling ever better with Harrison if nothing else.
I like it. What is it?

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:53 am

Tommy wrote:It’s a team effort but I do feel that Pontus, Pablo & Phillips are visibly better than this league. When even two of the three are on form we look like we can beat almost anyone.

Now Harrison is starting to look decent again and we’ve got a few candidates for number 10, it seems as though we’re better keeping Alioski at left-back. He’s offside a lot less and still impacts the game.

Agreed, and moving along at a nice quiet pace is Cooper, this lad must be the most improved of all of them.
Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:04 am

Devi wrote:I thought Alioski had a belter of a game last night. Seems to be gelling ever better with Harrison if nothing else.

Yeah, seems to be making Harrison play well almost every game, which wasn't my memory of him earlier this season...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:26 am

LSD&2Es wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:At times Pontus looks like a FIFA player that you’ve created to be 7ft tall and with 99 strength. He simply overwhelms opposition strikers when they receive the ball with their back to goal

And the fact he throws in a Cruyff turn occasionally (last night on the right wing!) just adds to the effect. :cheers:

Fuckin hell!
It's a Zidane turn, not a Cruyff turn you ignorant bastuds.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:31 am

dirty leeds wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:The James kid never really stood a chance last night. One of their C/backs looks really good last night, blonde/baldy fella.

Yeah, he impressed Eddie Gray too.

Mike van der Hoorn, 2.5M transfer from Ajax. THir stand-out player by some distance last night, at least until McBurnie came on. If we go back in the summer we should be after him and McBurnie as well as James. James definitely one of the future, looked very fast, spent the entire game dreamily gazing at the ER crowd and our shaking our players hands like he was already a Leeds player :mrgreen:

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:46 am

That's the boy Jackos, get him signed up. Fuck McBurnie!
Andymac

Return to “The Square Ball”