The BAROMETER

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: The BAROMETER

Postby Mr Reality » Sat May 26, 2018 9:30 pm

I always liked bale it would be shame to see him end up at scum. I suspect he's more interested in staying in Madrid and finally gaining top spot from Ronaldo.

The goal tonight was just ridiculous.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat May 26, 2018 10:11 pm

Sounded like Bale was done with Madrid after being named as a sub in tonight's game. What's he worth these days? Transfer Markt says 70M€ but I suppose you wouldn't get .much change from 100M after that goal. Of those who might be interested I guess only Scum could afford him. Liverpool or Spurs would be better for him, Liverpool definitely need to strengthen on tonight's display, Real won without really breaking sweat.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat May 26, 2018 10:14 pm

It was a clear come and get me post match but emotions are high, disappointment at not starting still very fresh. Bale will say 2 goals prove he should have started, Zidane will say it proves he was right to use Bale from the bench. Regardless, if he's available, he'll have options, there's absolutely no doubt about it. If no-one will pay the fee it'll be a season loan (still costing someone a hefty fee). I'd actually fancy Liverpool to be interested, still flush with the fee they got for Coutinho.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Sun May 27, 2018 8:06 am

I am really torn by Ramos. Legend or cunt.
Andymac

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun May 27, 2018 8:14 am

Andymac-47 wrote:I am really torn by Ramos. Legend or cunt.

Legendary cunt. Pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing with that wrestling move on salah. Forcing him down at speed whilst in an arm lock is tantamount to assault but I don't think there's anything about it in the rules. Its a move a lot of defenders will copy next season.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun May 27, 2018 8:18 am

And there was also this......
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun May 27, 2018 8:27 am

On the big stage Ramos delivers.

He often steps over the line but it's upto the ref to spot that type of thing.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun May 27, 2018 8:44 am

Quiffy wrote:
Andymac-47 wrote:I am really torn by Ramos. Legend or cunt.

Legendary cunt. Pretty sure he knew exactly what he was doing with that wrestling move on salah. Forcing him down at speed whilst in an arm lock is tantamount to assault but I don't think there's anything about it in the rules. Its a move a lot of defenders will copy next season.

I'm not convinced he intended to injure Salah but everything else about it was deliberate. He's incredibly talented at shit housing and happens to be a quality defender too.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Sun May 27, 2018 9:21 am

Fantasic result - fuck Liverpool!

One of those rare moments when football can be a joyous occasion :cheers:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 27, 2018 10:33 am

Pity about Salah going off. I thought it was semi-deliberate, in that Ramos deliberately trapped his arm and brought him down, but probably didn't expect the excellent result he got. Up until that point Real looked fearful of what Mo might do. Afterwards that fear had gone.
Wonder goal, though, and two massive keeper fuck-ups, so there was plenty of incident.
Thought the ref was fairly poor throughout: not just with the Ramos/Salah incident, but lots of wrong decisions on easy-to-spot stuff. He looked out of his depth.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sun May 27, 2018 11:27 am

dirty leeds wrote:...I thought it was semi-deliberate, in that Ramos deliberately trapped his arm and brought him down, but probably didn't expect the excellent result he got...

Yeah, when he does that Ramos is thinking along the lines of 'this will be unpleasant for him (and possibly for me but, let's face it, who's harder?), he'll think twice before tangling with me again'. As you say, the actual injury is just a huge, unexpected, bonus.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Oct 04, 2018 8:59 pm

So he’s not gay then?

Rapey fuck

On the weird under-reportedness of rapey fuck

Rapey fuck explainer:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:54 pm

barcelona have just signed ex-portsmouth star kevin prince boeteng? :scratch:

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:01 pm

Quiffy wrote:barcelona have just signed ex-portsmouth star kevin prince boeteng? :scratch:

sounds like willie mckay is maybe going up in the world :scratch: ?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:15 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:So he’s not gay then?

Rapey fuck

On the weird under-reportedness of rapey fuck

Rapey fuck explainer:

Wasn't the allegation that he prefers the back door? And did here? No relevance to this question, of course...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:02 am

mbappe's goal vs scum was a bit of an eye opener. not sure the guy's an outstanding all-round player/that he's destined for the very longest career at the very top, but the speed he's got now can be ridiculously effective, if used properly so hard to defend against, can make half or even quarter chances into really good ones just by getting him into so many good positions.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 am

He's terrifying.
Problem with players like that is it puts so much stress on the tendons and ligaments, sooner or later they go, and they never get that pace back.
But right now he's unplayable.
:salute:
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Tue Mar 05, 2019 10:44 pm

watched 2nd half of madrid caving too ajax - they were woeful :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:54 am

Kicked out of all three competitions in a week.
Scenes.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Wed Mar 06, 2019 10:02 pm

Sickening

Return to “The Square Ball”