Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: Mickey Apples Appreciation Thread aka The Sack Race

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Dec 19, 2018 6:27 am

These Ole GS rumours aren't going away.

Nice of them to offer to kill their heroes for us, innit.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 19, 2018 7:45 am

Blackwhite wrote:These Ole GS rumours aren't going away.

Nice of them to offer to kill their heroes for us, innit.

I have a feeling he'll do ok. He'll get some slack because of who he is and it'll likely buy the time for them to build again (Not a million miles from the 80s LUFC approach). Jose was (brilliantly) holding certain players back, if they start firing they could still do ok this season and they clearly have the money to upgrade the real cloggers in the team. Very disappointing they didn't stick with Jose until February after selling Pogba for a lot less than they paid.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:00 am

Yep, the failed former Cardiff manager it is. Biggest club in the world, apparently.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:06 am

:bounce:
dirty leeds wrote:Yep, the failed former Cardiff manager it is. Biggest club in the world, apparently.

The cunts will eat him alive.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:18 am

i never particularly minded old babyface, decent player, decent attitude, very good right foot, outstandingly good option to have as your fourth choice striker, even in the days of 4-4-2.

but i can't begin to think what qualifies him for this gig.

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:50 am

The goodwill he’ll be afforded wont last for long if his stint at Cardiff are to go by – he was a car crash appointment there, always looked out of his depth.

Let the good times roll! :thumbl:
#MOT #GAWA

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:52 am

The oddest thing about this is it appears to be a loan move. He's still Molde boss but someone else is covering until the summer.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:57 am

Phil LUFC wrote:The oddest thing about this is it appears to be a loan move. He's still Molde boss but someone else is covering until the summer.

i guess it fits in pretty well with their winter break.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:01 am

the flying pig wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:The oddest thing about this is it appears to be a loan move. He's still Molde boss but someone else is covering until the summer.

Not really, Molde are back in March but he's at Scum until the end of the season.
Odd, although unsurprising arrogance that they will take someone else's permanent manager for a caretaker role.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

London_White

Postby London_White » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:08 am

Scummer I work with talked about him coming in a while back as he has a clause in his contract with Molde that lets him go if a 'big' club comes calling
Thing is they may not be a big club for too long just a big business

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:10 am

dirty leeds wrote:Yep, the failed former Cardiff manager it is. Biggest club in the world, apparently.

You can't but help think along the lines of Roy Keane , McLaren etc .......... perfectly suited IMO to watch the club implode even further . How many managers now since Ferguson ....is it 3 ? All failed in comparison , how many points was that old c*** worth every season . People go on about strikers or goalkeepers being worth so many points ( or vice versa losing points ) , but he must have been worth 15-20 every time , take the last time they won the title , they were no way the best side around . Mourinho conversely is yesterday's man like Clough and Wenger , his tactics and style belong in a bygone age of football , only he doesn't realise it . Can't see him managing in England again , big clubs won't want him , small clubs won't interest him . Italy or Spain or a national job next . Mind you , 18m , why bother working again :D . Is it the only job you get paid to fail as a football manager ?
I really don't know Man Utd fans expected any different , it only follows the pattern from his last few clubs - it was inevitable .

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:37 pm

giggsy would have been well placed to do it :thumbl: . Wales have i think 2 fixtures btween now & the end of the season, both within the space of a few days of each other.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:57 pm

the flying pig wrote:giggsy would have been well placed to do it :thumbl: . Wales have i think 2 fixtures btween now & the end of the season, both within the space of a few days of each other.

Indeed he would , but its Man Utd so who cares :D :D .....in fact the worse the better , Mark Hughes is jobless right now .

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:18 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:48 pm

Wendies shut of Looky Here?

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:26 pm

the flying pig wrote:

The Norwegian Eliteserien starts on the 31st March, so they're not on a winter break, their season finished a few weeks ago. Over here we have a summer break and play spring/autumn. It does mean he won't be available for their preseason, but there's dozens of better coaches than him in Scandinavia so I'm sure they'll cope.

Molde could hardly refuse him the opportunity to manage Scum.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:25 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Wendies shut of Looky Here?

Strange timing but fair play to them for continuing their commitment to becoming a bit of a joke again after a brief flirtation with success however many seasons ago. Rumours abound that they're after Steve Bruce, which will only escalate the ongoing farce. I approve.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:56 pm

Fat Boy Scum Face Bruce to Wednesday, no surprise there.
Andymac

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:03 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:Fat Boy Scum Face Bruce to Wednesday, no surprise there.

I'm a little surprised, even if everyone has known it was coming. When was the last time he took a job which didn't come with parachute payments and a license to spend them?

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:30 pm

Wigan?
Andymac

Return to “The Square Ball”