Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tycipa

Re: Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Postby Tycipa » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:28 pm

and we’ll be playing Boro at home 3 nights later!
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:52 pm

Meh, I hate drawing teams from the same division in the cup, there's just no point to it, especially at this stage.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:01 pm

Rambo the randy pig wrote:This leads me to surmise he rates Beradi & Cooper enough.

I think I said as much in another thread but it could well have been on Twitter - The question with players like these two and several others in the squad isn't can they do it on any given day (we know they can, we've all seen it), it's whether they can they do it over the course of a season. Based on prior experience, you'd say probably not, which is why it does still make sense to have replaced them if the opportunity arose. As things stand I'm glad it didn't but it's a long old season.

It is a fact that you can virtually always find a better player if you have the money but that's the sort of redundant statement certain people traffic in, ignoring the reality of our financial situation etc.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:21 pm

Rambo the randy pig wrote:
we just didn't have the cash.

Yep, bielsa obviously believed the main problem in the squad was the lack of goalscorer at this level. How much wasted on lassoga last season? Loan fee plus wages anywhere between 2-5m given he was apparently on 50k a week.

Now it's a situation where the coach has to prioritise hence viera had to pay for bamford.

That doesn't mean a player is rated despite what some will tell you sometimes needs must.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:30 pm

Mr Reality wrote: viera had to pay for bamford.

I very much doubt that.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:34 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

Yep, bielsa obviously believed the main problem in the squad was the lack of goalscorer at this level. How much wasted on lassoga last season? Loan fee plus wages anywhere between 2-5m given he was apparently on 50k a week.

Now it's a situation where the coach has to prioritise hence viera had to pay for bamford.

That doesn't mean a player is rated despite what some will tell you sometimes needs must.

Leeds didn’t cover PML’s £50k.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:40 pm

We're also a few million quid better off by not needing to pay the ground rent anymore.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 pm

Ponte wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Leeds didn’t cover PML’s £50k.

I never said they did.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:13 pm

welshwhite wrote:

I very much doubt that.

To each their own. :thumbl:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:22 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
welshwhite wrote:

I very much doubt that.

To each their own. :thumbl:

There was enough money in the warchest to have bought him without the need to sell RV.

I'm a numbers man :thumbl:

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:26 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

Please don't quote me out of context. I was suggesting Bielsa rates the players & went on to say that maybe I was wrong & we didn't sign replacements due to a lack of cash.

Appreciate your view is different & I may be being a bit touchy about selective quoting but I can't help it.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:31 pm

I didn't intentionally quote you out of context. My apologies.

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:42 pm

No problem. Apology accepted thanks.

Return to “The Square Ball”