Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:53 pm

welshwhite wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:For the last 15 years this club has consistently wasted money by buying cheap recruits and looking at short term options. Given that there isn't money available spending any money is a problem.

Bringing in another short term cheap option would more than likely end up clogging up the squad like Berardi has done.

I rate Berardi as back up mid table right back. Very limited technically with a questionable attitude. Others are entitled to their opinions.

Berardi is on Championship wages, if it were not for his couple of sending offs he'd be a mid-table Premiership player - we're lucky to have him here :thumbl:

:scratch:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:55 pm

Andymac-47 wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:For the last 15 years this club has consistently wasted money by buying cheap recruits and looking at short term options. Given that there isn't money available spending any money is a problem.

Bringing in another short term cheap option would more than likely end up clogging up the squad like Berardi has done.

I rate Berardi as back up mid table right back. Very limited technically with a questionable attitude. Others are entitled to their opinions.

For the last 15 years the club has not had pot to piss in and bought and gave contracts to suit a feeble budget.
Berardi has done nothing wrong that no other player has done so far this season against possibly 2 of the better teams. It's your constant whining about him that riles people. You are the only one who can't see what he is bringing. If El'loco likes him that should be good enough for anyone.

Look back see who started this discussion.

No need to apologise.

Nobody is whining some of us just don't share the same opinion as you. :thumbl:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:55 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Fuck knows if anyone on here will remember what I think of Berardi, but [to save you all the trouble of looking] I've been saying for ages we needed to replace him as a RB and maybe keep him as a fill-in for injuries.
It'll be ironic, then, if we see him play a large part this season in a team that wins promotion to the Premier League, as shite as Mr. R keeps telling us he is. Happy to let Bielsa and his team be the final judge.

So all discussion should be cancelled?

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:57 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Fuck knows if anyone on here will remember what I think of Berardi, but [to save you all the trouble of looking] I've been saying for ages we needed to replace him as a RB and maybe keep him as a fill-in for injuries.
It'll be ironic, then, if we see him play a large part this season in a team that wins promotion to the Premier League, as shite as Mr. R keeps telling us he is. Happy to let Bielsa and his team be the final judge.

So all discussion should be cancelled?

Nope, didn't say that, don't think that. Strange inference.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:59 pm

"no one is whining"

:roll:
Andymac

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:01 pm

Questionable attitude....?

Oh the irony!! :lol:

Rambo the randy pig

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:04 pm

I reckon Bielsa, who lest we forget has watched all of our matches from last season, actually rates Beradi.

I find it hard to believe that if he desperately wanted another centre back we would have got one before now.

That's not to say he wouldn't like one but must consider what we have as adequate for his requirements. Given his standards that says something to me.

Clearly we are working within a certain budget so obviously the van Dijks of this world are out of the question but I'm sure we could have stretched to 4-5 mill if he'd wanted & surely there must have been someone available at that price.

This leads me to surmise he rates Beradi & Cooper enough.

I could of course be wrong & we just didn't have the cash.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:06 pm

Yeboah wrote:

Agree to disagree. :thumbl:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:12 pm

Yeboah wrote:

Phillips has improved :thumbl:

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:15 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

You've got to love him.

Strange thing. When Berardi, made that mis timed tackle v Stoke, I immediately thought of Mr R. ❤️
B-N-L

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:19 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote: Is Beradi becoming the new Paul Madeley? no

After watching Madeley, Fk no, Madeley was an absolute natural and had LUFC in his DNA, that species of footballer is all but extinct, some have honoured the spirit and shirt, Batty, Gary Kelly, Lucas Radabe come to mind. The discipline record alone rules Bacardi out of any such comparison.
Bacardi is a very valuable member of the team, he does show a passion for Club, he gets it, he puts an honest shift, does the dirty work tirelessly and makes a contribution.
El Loco has seen when you get the team working hard and together its a very effective unit.
Bacardi was brave, honest and yes un-selfish enough last season to even admit he knows he has limitations.

Bacardi could be Andy Hughes MkII

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:20 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:
Yeboah wrote:

You've got to love him.

Strange thing. When Berardi, made that mis timed tackle v Stoke, I immediately thought of Mr R. ❤️

Good for you. :thumbl:

I think that fact you are bothered about me would suggest you are the strange one.

But to each their own. :thumbl:

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:38 pm

Aww. Bless your cotton socks.
B-N-L

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:56 pm

Ball 11 in de draw for next round ....now

Any one, at ER.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:16 pm

ball 11 got Exeter at home
but they announced that Ball 11 was Fulham??

Ah we are Ball 11 North that was Ball 11 South...

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:19 pm

tasty sides in Northern half of draw

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:23 pm

Round 2 we are :cheers:
Home v PNE

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:28 pm

Almost as dull as Bolton at home
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:37 pm

A couple of quid in the bank and another chance for the fringe players to show their stuff.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:41 pm

PNE better than Bolton, but I hope he rests as many as last time.

Return to “The Square Ball”