Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tommy

Re: Bury Trots Thai Tin Pot Cup CK

Postby Tommy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:38 am

dirty leeds wrote:The exception is undoubtedly Samu. Who can do his job almost as well, should he be injured? Right now, no fucker.
I guess Pablo could come into that position and we use one of the new wingers on the right?

Pablo, Roofe and Klich have all played as a number 10 successfully at some point. That Baker lad too I think?

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:07 am

Yeah, KP replacement would be the worry position for me. Shaughnessy aside, if Forshaw is going to be out for a couple of months, you can see why Bielsa is looking for a potential loan CM. What about Beradi in that role when Pontus is back in the side?
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:18 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Yeah, KP replacement would be the worry position for me. Shaughnessy aside, if Forshaw is going to be out for a couple of months, you can see why Bielsa is looking for a potential loan CM. What about Beradi in that role when Pontus is back in the side?

Is Beradi becoming the new Paul Madeley?

no

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:23 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:
LSD&2Es wrote:Yeah, KP replacement would be the worry position for me. Shaughnessy aside, if Forshaw is going to be out for a couple of months, you can see why Bielsa is looking for a potential loan CM. What about Beradi in that role when Pontus is back in the side?

no

The 11 Gaetanos? Let's run it past Mr. R.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:49 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:

no

He'd soon be nipping out for his season ticket then the glory hunting fucka :thumbd:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:10 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Oheddieeddie wrote:

no

From everything I have seen, heard and read about Madeley he was a player who was accomplished in every position he played. Berardi is barely functional as right back and very fortunate to still be at the club let alone in the team.

Let's see how many times berardi stupidly gets sent off this season playing the tough guy.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:11 pm

Ontolly wrote:He'd soon be nipping out for his season ticket then the glory hunting fucka :thumbd:

I made my call and stand by it.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:47 pm

Oheddieeddie wrote:

no

No, but Bielsa clearly trusts him, he can run for days and would be a good stand-in were KP to need a rest or turn to shit. Can certainly break up play (albeit taking ankles and shins along the way)
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:49 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
Ontolly wrote:He'd soon be nipping out for his season ticket then the glory hunting fucka :thumbd:

And we all admire you for it.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:54 pm

Ponte wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

And we all admire you for it.

I don't give a fuck. :thumbl:

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:57 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

Gaetano has seen a lot of managers come and go in his time here, funny thing is they have all played him in their first 11.
He's got quality's they see every day in training etc. A solid coach like Bielsa also sees it.
Shirley you must feel a little bit of egg on your face (even if its just some of the white bits without the yolk).

Its time to put your hand in the air and admit you got it wrong about him. There's no shame in being wrong, It almost happened to me once.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:15 pm

His actions last season were partly responsible for TC getting the boot.

When Berardi consistenly performs above the level of a back up midtable right back then there will be egg on my face.

Bielsa didn't have Pontus available and didn't have the backing to bring in a significant upgrade(partially down to the irresponsible recruitment and retention policy of last summer including a Berardi extension).

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Bielsa didn't have Pontus available and didn't have the backing to bring in a significant upgrade(partially down to the irresponsible recruitment and retention policy of last summer).

[This is not an insult, Mr R.]

An illustration above of how I'm starting to try reading Mr R's posts: as hyperbole with some good points.

As above: as usual talking like Berardi is the fucking antichrist. Then suggesting that actually you'd have to spend serious money to find someone better. No Roque Juniors here. He's a little obsessed but quite rates him really.

The benefits or costs of the recruitment policy is opinion, interesting, and not without any truth.

If he's not being a fighty fassyhole or calling folks weasel clunges what's to get bothered about?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:40 pm

For the last 15 years this club has consistently wasted money by buying cheap recruits and looking at short term options. Given that there isn't money available spending any money is a problem.

Bringing in another short term cheap option would more than likely end up clogging up the squad like Berardi has done.

I rate Berardi as back up mid table right back. Very limited technically with a questionable attitude. Others are entitled to their opinions.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:44 pm

Mr Reality wrote:For the last 15 years this club has consistently wasted money by buying cheap recruits and looking at short term options. Given that there isn't money available spending any money is a problem.

Bringing in another short term cheap option would more than likely end up clogging up the squad like Berardi has done.

Being regularly picked to play by a succession of managers, including one of the most respected in world football, is hardly clogging up the squad. Surely there are folk more guilty of that in the squad? Berardi has played over 100 games for Leeds.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:45 pm

Fuck knows if anyone on here will remember what I think of Berardi, but [to save you all the trouble of looking] I've been saying for ages we needed to replace him as a RB and maybe keep him as a fill-in for injuries.
It'll be ironic, then, if we see him play a large part this season in a team that wins promotion to the Premier League, as shite as Mr. R keeps telling us he is. Happy to let Bielsa and his team be the final judge.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:46 pm

Mr Reality wrote:For the last 15 years this club has consistently wasted money by buying cheap recruits and looking at short term options. Given that there isn't money available spending any money is a problem.

I rate Berardi as back up mid table right back. Very limited technically with a questionable attitude. Others are entitled to their opinions.

Berardi is on Championship wages, if it were not for his couple of sending offs he'd be a mid-table Premiership player - we're lucky to have him here :thumbl:

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:48 pm

welshwhite wrote:

Berardi is on Championship wages, if it were not for his couple of sending offs he'd be a mid-table Premiership player - we're lucky to have him here :thumbl:

You’re a wise man, Welsh.
Hmmm.

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:50 pm

For the last 15 years the club has not had pot to piss in and bought and gave contracts to suit a feeble budget.
Berardi has done nothing wrong that no other player has done so far this season against possibly 2 of the better teams. It's your constant whining about him that riles people. You are the only one who can't see what he is bringing. If El'loco likes him that should be good enough for anyone.
Andymac

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:51 pm

He was brought in as a back up right back but due so continued poor recruitment and an inability to put together a balanced squad he has played a lot.

Bielsa didn't have any other defenders to play. If this wasn't a world cup summer he wouldn't be in the side.

Return to “The Square Ball”