fat frank's ram-a-loco ding dong CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
LSD&2Es

Re: fat frank's ram-a-loco ding dong CK

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:10 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
jackos wrote:... despite me hoping we’ll go out of a cup we definitely don’t need this season.

I'm not a fan of this line of thought. Let's try to win every game in all competitions and then see where it takes us. Hopefully to a couple of glorious performances againt truly top quality teams.

This is OK in a normal squad situation, but the issues with Bielsaball are surely glaring? Asking this group to perform at that level for 46 games is difficult enough (nobody disagrees, right?), but making that 56 to 60 games would be fucking stupid.

Lets just get out of this league and focus on cups when we are a middling Prem team

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:12 pm

Wish people would stop being so negative about BPF! That ball moved mid-flight, up to which point he was well set right behind it.

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:13 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:It seems that Roofe’s header is being described as majestic.

That’s one I didn’t have on my list.

:lol:

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:14 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
Ontolly wrote:We've had back to back wins against two of the fancied teams in the league :thumbl:

We've won both games comfortably :thumbl:

Cunts on here debating who needs dropping :thumbl:

:bounce:

Enter Mr Reality......

:salute:

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:17 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Yeah

Generally in any formation with full backs their average position will be in line with the deepest midfielder, particularly with split centre backs. So I guess it could be a 2-3 rather 4-1.

Most importantly for me rather than the formation we look to have a plan which has been lacking for a long long time possibly since Grayson left. We may be beaten by better players in certain games but I don't see anybody out coaching bielsa.

Be interesting when we come up against a direct team.....what his plan is, when he can’t high press

Can I just highlight a Mr R post that

1 - Didn't slate Beradi
2 - Didn't insult another poster
3 - Actually made sense and left a position for ongoing debate and discussion

#tsbfirsts

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Yeah

Generally in any formation with full backs their average position will be in line with the deepest midfielder, particularly with split centre backs. So I guess it could be a 2-3 rather 4-1.

Most importantly for me rather than the formation we look to have a plan which has been lacking for a long long time possibly since Grayson left. We may be beaten by better players in certain games but I don't see anybody out coaching bielsa.

Be interesting when we come up against a direct team.....what his plan is, when he can’t high press

Can I just highlight a Mr R post that

1 - Didn't slate Beradi
2 - Didn't insult another poster
3 - Actually made sense and left a position for ongoing debate and discussion

#tsbfirsts

Find me a post where I insult another poster without provocation.

I'll wait.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:28 pm

Those yellow cards were annoying. There was I thinking we were going to win every game scoring a minimum of three goals a game and not pick up a single card all season and suddenly; wham, 2 in a minute.

Doesn’t Bielsa expose the mediocrity of Championship managers? Bielsa’s presser is a Monty Python job whereas the others give an ‘honest assessment ‘ that their players weren’t ‘at the races’. Not, My more expensive outfit was outclassed because I didn’t do the detailed pre season planning like the other guy.

Possibly, just possibly, El Loco is the genius as rated? Just possibly he’s going to make everybody else rethink?
Leeds United is ruining my life.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:30 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Find me a post where I insult another poster without provocation.

I'll wait.

It's your definition of provocation that lets you down :thumbd:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:32 pm

Ontolly wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Find me a post where I insult another poster without provocation.

I'll wait.

It's your definition of provocation that lets you down :thumbd:

My bad i forgot certain posters can be abusive but that's not provocation.

:thumbl:

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm

the flying pig wrote:At the risk of asking a silly question, what exactly has our formation been for these last two games? It seems quite fluid, and possibly asymmetric, to me?

it depends on if we've got the ball or not, which makes perfect sense, if a bit of an arse for posting on a messageboard.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tycipa

Postby Tycipa » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:51 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:Those yellow cards were annoying. There was I thinking we were going to win every game scoring a minimum of three goals a game and not pick up a single card all season and suddenly; wham, 2 in a minute.

Doesn’t Bielsa expose the mediocrity of Championship managers? Bielsa’s presser is a Monty Python job whereas the others give an ‘honest assessment ‘ that their players weren’t ‘at the races’. Not, My more expensive outfit was outclassed because I didn’t do the detailed pre season planning like the other guy.

Possibly, just possibly, El Loco is the genius as rated? Just possibly he’s going to make everybody else rethink?

He’s an enigmatic fucker that’s for sure. I reckon the other managers wish we’d win the league and get him the fuck out of it. Well that’s what I’m hoping.
He does make most of them look and sound like dunderheads.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:57 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:It seems that Roofe’s header is being described as majestic.

That’s one I didn’t have on my list.

Did we have 'thundering'? Heard it yesterday and we do need it on there.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:09 pm

Oh, and another thing - re the question of when an opponent plays two big fellahs up top and goes direct. For every move a team makes with their formation there is obviously a counter move. And despite the other lot's wishes to miss out the midfield and launch it, their decision to go two forward leaves a gap where we have personnel and we will find it easier than ever to pass it around their reduced number of players. They won't be able to cover all our runners - it seems Bielsa has done an amazing job of getting our lads to know what they should be doing and where they should be operating in so short a time - and we could tear the fuckers to ribbons without them getting a kick.
It depends. Last season the ploy worked against us. This season I don't think it will. We're fitter, faster more in tune with each other and each other's job... I'd quite like to play Millwall at The Den next Saturday and have a good look, but it's Rotherham.

Interesting, ain't it?

Right now, I keep re-watching the goals over.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:12 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:Wish people would stop being so negative about BPF! That ball moved mid-flight, up to which point he was well set right behind it.

That's kind of the point we're making.
It moved, he didn't.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:32 pm

Haven't read the rest of the thread, so don't know if it's been mentioned... but some Derby forum bloke, in response to another who reckoned they just were poor, said something along the lines of, 'No, Leeds were brilliant - to the extent that I don't think we've seen football at that level in this division before'.

Nice to think we're inspiring that kind of thinking in the opposing fans.

Watching the highlights yet again, some of the passing from Klich, Samu, Pablo and Alioski yesterday was fucking ace. And Roofe is a new player. A great watch.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:49 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Oh, and another thing - re the question of when an opponent plays two big fellahs up top and goes direct. For every move a team makes with their formation there is obviously a counter move. And despite the other lot's wishes to miss out the midfield and launch it, their decision to go two forward leaves a gap where we have personnel and we will find it easier than ever to pass it around their reduced number of players. They won't be able to cover all our runners - it seems Bielsa has done an amazing job of getting our lads to know what they should be doing and where they should be operating in so short a time - and we could tear the fuckers to ribbons without them getting a kick.
It depends. Last season the ploy worked against us. This season I don't think it will. We're fitter, faster more in tune with each other and each other's job...

This, exactly.

How well we do at the fitter bit later in the year will be key.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Aug 12, 2018 7:52 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Tommy, has anything of the last two games pleased you at all? In any way? Anything to admire?

It's been good performances all around, across the park. I watched both matches in different pubs with local Leeds fans and the mood alternated between shock and awe. It's like the start of last season but we've beaten two teams I assumed would be competing for the top six. It's hard not to get carried away but with last season so fresh in the memory I'm trying to be phlegmatic about it.

To reiterate what I said in the Stoke CK and previously elsewhere - it's important to try to enjoy each match on its own terms because Leeds being Leeds, you never know when it's going to go tits up. The players and staff keep reiterating that nowt has been achieved yet and I admire that attitude. We've got a long way to go.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:10 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:
jackos wrote:... despite me hoping we’ll go out of a cup we definitely don’t need this season.

I'm not a fan of this line of thought. Let's try to win every game in all competitions and then see where it takes us. Hopefully to a couple of glorious performances againt truly top quality teams.

This is OK in a normal squad situation, but the issues with Bielsaball are surely glaring? Asking this group to perform at that level for 46 games is difficult enough (nobody disagrees, right?), but making that 56 to 60 games would be fucking stupid.

Lets just get out of this league and focus on cups when we are a middling Prem team

I'm disputing this as bollocks. I know it's happened before in other places but this league is intense at the best of times. We struggled last season because we didn't work hard enough, you have to leave it all out there week in week out regardless of the style, especially if you don't have the ball. Rotation will have to come into it, and I'd very much advocate rotation for the cup games but I'm not too worried about us running out of steam. If we generally have greater than 50% possession we'll be fine. This is probably a foolish stance but, well, we'll see later in the season won't we.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:13 pm

Samu seems to have an extra turn of pace since his new fitness regime.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:24 pm

Personally I’d prefer we started rotation pretty soon, not just when someone breaks. Get all of the squad involved in this type of match play, as well as relieving the first team. I’m thinking of the odd one or two, maybe after four games at the most?

Return to “The Square Ball”