The state of UK politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Blackwhite

Re: The state of UK politics

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:24 pm

dirty leeds wrote:My mate texted me from town centre.
"At Trump protest. Moved 50 yards in two hours. Bored now. Going home."
That'll show the fucker.
If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing... weeeeellllll.

Was at a thing with our lot today and our CFO's wife was in Parliament Square and having lots of fun from the sound of it.

If you take a brutally analytical view, the cunt couldn't care anyway whatever you did.
The only thing that seems to be making waves in the States is folk hassling the individuals in their daily life, booing them out of restaurants etc. Uncivil discourse,apparently. Like Nazis deserve civility.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:31 am

At the risk of getting a hand grenade thrown at me:

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:41 am

Blackwhite wrote:At the risk of getting a hand grenade thrown at me:

Any evidence that these scumbags are Duppers, or just more point scoring?
Looks like half a dozen fuckwittes to me.
Might be Duppers, but I doubt even they would find this acceptable.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:51 am

Mustafaster wrote:Any evidence that these scumbags are Duppers, or just more point scoring?

They don't, and they are asking their supporters to stop:

...but this doesn't mean that wasn't their votebase. You know, the one we're throwing red meat to just before fucking with the border/prelude to unification, in some eyes.

Edit to add: the crappy device thrown at Gerry Adam's place, and the New IRA being obvious also-cunts, for any fucktards in the audience.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:08 am

Have we now established that it's ok to talk about the Irish situation on here or something? :scratch:
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:13 am

Mustafaster wrote:Any evidence that these scumbags are Duppers, or just more point scoring?

That photo is from 2015, so it has nothing to with more revent events.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/n ... 56122.html

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 am

Ontolly wrote:Have we now established that it's ok to talk about the Irish situation on here or something? :scratch:

Ssh, I mentioned it once but I think I got away with it. *adjusts headbandage*

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:30 am

jackos wrote:

That photo is from 2015, so it has nothing to with more revent events.

https://m.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/n ... 56122.html

:lol:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Kummel

Postby Kummel » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:30 am

Your thankfully unique combination of fake news, red facism, “look at me,me,ME!!” and downright bullshit is really quite extraordinary.
Kummel

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:37 am

Fair enough J, thanks for clarifying. Still doesn't alter the fact that they're bang at each other again.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:39 am

Kummel wrote:

Your thankfully unique combination of fake news, red facism, “look at me,me,ME!!” and downright bullshit is really quite extraordinary.

^^^^^ "philosopher". Back you go, bye...

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:47 am

*Shrugs*

SENIOR loyalists, including a man believed to be a UVF leader, attended a meeting with a DUP councillor that ran until the early hours of the morning in a last-ditch effort to resolve a bonfire dispute in east Belfast.

The Irish News has seen details of meetings that took place in the early hours of Wednesday, just hours before a bonfire at Bloomfield walkway was prematurely set on fire.

Lee Reynolds, the DUP group leader on Belfast City Council, was present at the meeting, as were Jamie Bryson and Stephen Matthews – widely believed to be the leader of the east Belfast UVF.

At 11.45pm on Tuesday Mr Reynolds and mediators met senior loyalists. Police were asked to attend but declined.

The meeting took place hours after the High Court ruled that the landowner, the Department for Infrastructure, was responsible for the protection of life and property on its land at the walkway and that the pyre had to be removed or dramatically reduced in size.

The meeting lasted until after 1am with loyalists from the East Belfast Community Initiative, including Bryson and Matthews, going to the walkway to speak with a crowd of around 150 young people who had gathered at the site.

This was done after speaking with mediators to calm tensions. There were fears at that time that the large crowd was preparing to engage in civil disorder and a large number of riot police were deployed to the area.

The bonfire builders were given the option to dismantle the bonfire themselves or told the PSNI and contractors – who were former members of the military – would take the material away, by force if necessary.

Bonfire builders refused to dismantle the pyre, which was five times the fire-service-recommended height for the plot, saying they would sit on the wood to prevent it being moved.

At 5am police moved in to start removing the material. At this stage only around 15 young people remained at the site.

They set fire to the structure before fleeing, leaving fire crews to keep the blaze under control and hose down nearby properties.

Masked contractors moved in and removed the remaining wood under the protection of riot police.

The same contractors, protected by around 200 riot police, later removed a bonfire built in the middle of the road at Cluan Place in east Belfast.

When asked about the talks, the East Belfast Community Initiative said the “late-night meetings took place with the view to trying to de-escalate tensions”.

“Who made up our delegation is a matter for ourselves. However, we can confirm that all attendees were present as representatives of EBCI. No-one in the delegation is a member of any proscribed organisation,” the spokesperson added.

Mr Reynolds has been approached for comment.

It's good that they tried to talk them out of it.

Point remains, watch this space. We don't talk to terrorists...

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:02 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Fair enough J, thanks for clarifying. Still doesn't alter the fact that they're bang at each other again.

I just did a quick seach for the graffiti text and the Belfast telegraph article was the first hit. Same tactics Trump supporters use, rehashing old news/images to stoke the fires. That tweet had recieved over a thousand responses two hours ago, just as many retweets from disgusted individuals. Just pisses me off that people contiune to walk into the trap despite it being so easy to check. Some of the stuff is a lot more subtle.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:27 pm

Some firing at the police as well.

I'm sure once July passes and Brexit arrangements calm everything down, it'll all be fine.
Always disappointing these stories, however well-sourced the pics the hacks use.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:43 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I'm sure once July passes and Brexit arrangements calm everything down, it'll all be fine..

Im expecting it to get a lot worse before it gets better. The EU really has nothing to gain by accepting May's proposal so the Exit Clowns are probably just bidding their time until the expected response arrives. Their dream/only secenario now is a no-deal. Easier to blame the EU when negotiations fail than create too much pf a fuss now.

Hope Im wrong though.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:16 pm

jackos wrote:Same tactics Trump supporters use, rehashing old news/images to stoke the fires. That tweet had recieved over a thousand responses two hours ago, just as many retweets from disgusted individuals. Just pisses me off that people contiune to walk into the trap despite it being so easy to check.

Yep, not only walking into it, but then lacking the grace to concede the error afterwards.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:25 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Point remains, watch this space. We don't talk to terrorists...

Point remains you used a 2015 photo to make political points about a coalition that started in 2017. Once again, your lack of objectivity, willingness to take echo chamber internet sites at face value, and political prejudice led you to the wrong conclusion. OK everyone makes mistakes, but FFS have the integrity to acknowledge your error rather than trying to cover your tracks in bovine waste.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:41 pm

BWs mistake was reacting to a tweet from today that was purposely provocative, we've all done it. Events in the North have been pretty bad this week, i guess both sides are using Brexit to further their cause. It something people who know the UK and all its regions have been warning about for two years.

Such a bloody waste and brought about simply to further a few political careers.

Johnson said that concerns about the Irish border were “pure millennium bug stuff” and referenced “planes falling from the sky”.
We’re allowing the whole of our agenda to be dictated by this folly.”

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Jul 14, 2018 1:57 pm

jackos wrote:BWs mistake was reacting to a tweet from today that was purposely provocative

It is a mistake you are far more likely to make if you live your life on the internet on echo chamber sites that mirror your own prejudices.

I think as citizens, whatever our own political opinions, we do have a duty to seek the truth and to be open to a range of sources.

Sadly, the partisan politics of today resembles more the mentality of medieval religion than modern day scientific objectivity. Trump and Johnson may epitomise this, but so too do many of their opponents on the left.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:08 pm

jackos wrote:BWs mistake was reacting to a tweet from today that was purposely provocative, we've all done it. Events in the North have been pretty bad this week, i guess both sides are using Brexit to further their cause. It something people who know the UK and all its regions have been warning about for two years.

Such a bloody waste and brought about simply to further a few political careers.

Johnson said that concerns about the Irish border were “pure millennium bug stuff” and referenced “planes falling from the sky”.
We’re allowing the whole of our agenda to be dictated by this folly.”

Ah, I guess she's pulling herself off about the picture date then, rather than wondering if the events are actually happening... Figures.

Don't engage with the bigger picture, just fling insults at the back of someone who couldn't give a fuck about your opinion. :thumbl: :wheels: :chickenshitlittlecunt: hey these new emoji aren't working

Return to “The Square Ball”