The State of US/World politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: The State of US/World politics

Postby jackos » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:47 pm

Blackwhite wrote: And that Mr Orban seems nice, firm but fair...

Refreshing to know that of the 50% who didn't vote for his nationalist hate mongers 20% voted for an extreme right wing party ... :roll:

Won't be visiting Hungary in the near future.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Tories in bed with that bloc in the EUParl, innit?

Such nice people, Tories.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:38 am

Yesterday, the leader of the free world (T.M.) called Fox & Friends. He seems calm and in control. Statesmanlike, you might say.

Nothing like shooting huge holes in your legal arguments every time you speke your branes. Will he make it to his July visit?

Always hard to get rid of crank callers... But still he keeps hanging himself.

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:27 am

Blackwhite wrote:Will he make it to his July visit?

Blackwhite wrote: would anyone actually be all that surprised if Trump just threw his hands up and left the gig, rather than get impeached?

Blackwhite wrote:I feel increasingly sure he won't serve - doesn't want to serve - a full term.

Blackwhite wrote: He'll not last. The point is, does he die in jail?

Blackwhite wrote:If it is two years at a guess before the Donald games out (to wherever), with precious little legislative action until then, that would put Pence a couple of years off facing re-election...

Blackwhite wrote:Manafort hands himself into the FBI.I imagine somebody is beginning to shit himself.

Blackwhite wrote:This could all move very quickly. Am back in DC in a week or so, this is going to be fun. Last time but one I was there, they elected him. This time...?

image.jpeg
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 02, 2018 4:19 pm

Wey-hey! He's taken a lot longer than I thought he would, especially given the circumstances, but it seems The Donald is now in delivery phase of his deal with Ivan.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu May 03, 2018 8:38 am

Blackwhite wrote:Wey-hey! He's taken a lot longer than I thought he would, especially given the circumstances, but it seems The Donald is now in delivery phase of his deal with Ivan.

A lot longer than you expected????? How long then were you expecting Trump to take to lift sanctions on Rusal? He only imposed them himself a few weeks ago!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

He probably only imposed them in the first place - in his usual ill thought through manner - to help domestic American producers. And - true to form - he blusters then backs down.

On this occasion pressure from US allies (including God’s Own Country lobbying on behalf of Rio Tinto and BHP) had more to do with the climb down than any pressure from Putin for “delivery mode” on some conspiracy “deal.”

Interesting piece on the shambles if you want to be better informed:

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles ... are-a-mess
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 03, 2018 2:56 pm

The cowardly murdering bastards of ETA finally admit defeat.
Great news! :cheers:
Bastards bombed my place of work a few years back. :x
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon May 14, 2018 3:42 pm

a good start for the new embassy in Jerusalem.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 14, 2018 4:52 pm

the flying pig wrote:a good start for the new embassy in Jerusalem.

Thought Trump's daughter looked very nice in that outfit.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon May 14, 2018 7:00 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
the flying pig wrote:a good start for the new embassy in Jerusalem.

Thought Trump's daughter looked very nice in that outfit.

The Donald suggests you keep your mind on fucking your own daughter.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 17, 2018 4:30 pm

Sometime put Cohen on suicide watch, please.

Oh, and Trump has apparently been share dealing while President. Making market-moving statements of policy or lunacy, then potentially profiting from pre-set positions. He's going down, Shirley.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Sometime put Cohen on suicide watch, please.

Oh, and Trump has apparently been share dealing while President. Making market-moving statements of policy or lunacy, then potentially profiting from pre-set positions. He's going down, Shirley.

He's not going anywhere.
He'll be the GOP candidate at the next election, I reckon.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 pm

That has a depressing air of feasibility about it. Still though, that would put the country in some difficult constitutional positions, about which the centre might not hold.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 17, 2018 7:50 pm

This seems a solid bit of writing about Gaza.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri May 18, 2018 8:02 am

Blackwhite wrote:That has a depressing air of feasibility about it. Still though, that would put the country in some difficult constitutional positions, about which the centre might not hold.

Don't see why it would cause any unsurmountable constitutional problems.
The centre has disappeared from US politics, anyway.
More interesting will be who the Democrats choose to run against him.
Sanders would have wiped the floor with Trump imo, but they chose to go with the same old. Will they make the same mistake again?
Michelle Obama, anyone?

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri May 18, 2018 9:37 am

Blackwhite wrote:Trump has apparently been share dealing while President...... He's going down, Shirley.

When it happens you can say we all heard it on here from you first............

...............and second................,,.....and third...................and fourth..................................and fifth........,...,,,,,,,,,,,and sixth.............and seventh..........and eighth.......etc, etc, etc.

Eventually....broken clock and all that.

:lol:

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Tue May 22, 2018 8:51 am

Sweden prepares for War.

Oi Jackos - you stockpiling oat milk, bolognese sauce, and salmon balls?

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Wed May 23, 2018 3:54 pm

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Thu May 24, 2018 4:33 am

NFL 2018 season has started Patriots 1-0 up already
The NFL also vowed to "impose appropriate discipline on league personnel who do not stand and show respect for the flag and the Anthem".​
The statement comes a day after NFL teams pledged $90m (£67m) towards social justice initiatives, under an agreement reached with all 32 teams in the league.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44230772

For the record I still maintain this was started by Kapernick who is motivated by personal financial gain, & fame as much as his sincere admirable civil conscience.
Kap can afford to do it after he was drafted into SF 49ers, who a franchise governed by a private company the NFL.
Kap received $12M signing bonus, and at the time staggering $126M contract with a $61M guaranteed portion, after injury, and poor performances Kapernick was benched then walked on the Contract, assuming he would get another starting job for a large contract in free agency.
No one hired Kapernick, and the protests escalated as Kapernick alleged collusion to keep him out of the game.
Complete BOLLOCKS
Kaps Allegations, the collusion case v the NFL outlines that when Kaepernick became a free agent in March 2017, several teams viewed him as a starting quarterback.
NFL team regularly hire anyone good enough to play if they think it will help them win. Players with Wife beating, Domestic abus, Child abuse, Drug convictions,
DUI, banned substances, gambling, gang connections, even murder! have all been hired by NFL teams
Micheal Vick, a proven black 4 times Probowl QB was convicted, jailed for organizing dog fights yet when he came out he had 6 lucrative years whilst playing very little, he signed with the Eagles in 2009, then New York Jets and in 2016 still got $1M for year at Pittsburgh Steelers.

Kaepernick has remained unsigned. While critics have acknowledged that his kneeling during the national anthem to protest racial inequality and police brutality played a part in his unemployment, many also argued that teams didn't think he was good enough to be a starter.

Nick Foles QB for the Eagles won the last Superbowl, as back up on a salary of $1.6M
Cam Newton, Carolina Panthers, got $20.166 million & nowhere last season
Other notables were
Dak Prescott, Dallas, $635,848 who was outstanding
Trever Siemian, Denver, $628,19
Currently SF tok the NE Pats back up, and pay Brian Hoyer, San Francisco, $5.3 million

This is why Kapernick cannot get hired when he's expected $100M contract, and would have based on performance been aback up.

Don't feel bad or fall for the racist or political card been played by over paid greedy under performing NFL players in the good US of A, they ain't doing bad

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu May 24, 2018 5:25 am

So Kaepernick was motivated by personal financial gain to do something he did not need to do and which resulted in him not being paid anymore?

:study:

Return to “The Square Ball”