One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
jackos

Re: One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:29 am

Yeboah wrote:Worth pointing out that the teams in the league we’ve beaten this year so far...are currently in league positions.

24th
23rd
22nd
21st
12th
7th

That’s an average of 18.

We’ve also been beaten, at home by the team currently 20th and demolished by the team currently 16th.

This doesn’t augur well, arguably with a different fixture list we’d be bottom half already.

This is true. We never looked like winning last night, our crossing is abysmal and Lassoga looks uninterested. Thank fuck he’s on loan. If we get very very lucky we might nick a top six stop. I don’t think the problem is TC, he’s obviously still getting to know the championship, but he didn’t put the squad together. We need a Chris Wood or two ...

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Oct 28, 2017 7:33 am

One baffling thing last night was the abysmal quality of our dead ball delivery.
Not a single one caused any kind of threat.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Son of Leeds

Postby Son of Leeds » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:42 am

A confusion of tongues! Let me add my own babble to this Babel.

I can't remember a time when we had players on the wings who were both good and in their right position. This season alone we've have the following on the left: Saiz, Hernandez, Roofe, Alioski, Dallas and now KP. KP on the wing! On the right we've had, er, the same. last season on the left we had Roofe, Dallas, Doukara, Burrow, that Spanish chap .... These players either have force but no guile, or guile with no force, except Saiz who has both but is best used in the middle. This allows a defence to keep tight on whoever plays forward because they know when the ball goes wide, so long as they play backs to goal, the ball will end up with a lofted cross from deep without accuracy.

Until we get players who can play quick accurate pass-and-move in the 'channel' between line and penalty area, and can cross effectively with more than average regularity, we will never be serious contenders. We're ponderous on the flanks.

There are Factions here. Faction 1 thinks the Blunts are ordinary and we're bad. Faction 2 thinks they're actually very good and we're sort of quite good. I'm Faction 2, but if Saiz has a complete mental and emotional breakdown and has to be given a year off work, I'd worry.

January: a LB with a LF. A wide player who can pass, run quickly, cross the ball well and tackle.

What does DAllas have to do to get a game? I thought the turning point was when Pablo came on. That was a brave decision, I thought, it's conceding that flank in defence. So it proved.
Leeds United is ruining my life.

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Sat Oct 28, 2017 8:58 am

Gutted about this, as the top 3 are pulling away, definitely 3 points dropped as we should have had a draw, and maybe nicked the win.
Beeb were surprising:
"For Leeds, who suffered a fifth loss in their past six games in all competitions, the result was slightly harsh after an even second half, but the Blades could have built a healthy first-half lead."

Not our best performance but at the moment they are the team in form, & top of league. It was a competitive performance , but lacking quality from us, slender 1-2 scoreline, where they caught us cold napping at the start & again napping at the end to a wonderkid is not totally disastrous.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:30 am

Clacton white wrote:Too many players not turning up AGAIN . Is Ayling as good as we thought ? No combativity , need a midfield general ( Vinnie Jones type ....some STEEL) . CB and LB worrying area's - too many lightweight players .
Why oh why do Leeds more often than not do shite in a Yorkshire derby . Should be Leeds cup final's as well as other sides .
Too many inconsistent players - Hernandez for one - which one turns up is anyone's guess , rather a player have a 90% game every week rather than a 100% one week and then 2 or 3 60% one's .

Ayling form seems to have dipped badly this season, so he got a new contract. Does it help that his main competition is filling in on the left?

Worth mentioning Coyle is in excellent form for Fleetwood.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sat Oct 28, 2017 9:43 am

Son of Leeds wrote:January: a LB with a LF. A wide player who can pass, run quickly, cross the ball well and tackle.

Keeper and a centre forward.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:11 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Clacton white wrote:Too many players not turning up AGAIN . Is Ayling as good as we thought ? No combativity , need a midfield general ( Vinnie Jones type ....some STEEL) . CB and LB worrying area's - too many lightweight players .
Why oh why do Leeds more often than not do shite in a Yorkshire derby . Should be Leeds cup final's as well as other sides .
Too many inconsistent players - Hernandez for one - which one turns up is anyone's guess , rather a player have a 90% game every week rather than a 100% one week and then 2 or 3 60% one's .

Ayling form seems to have dipped badly this season, so he got a new contract. Does it help that his main competition is filling in on the left.

Is he? Genuine question as I've seen nothing of them. I saw he got a run of MoM awards but also saw they do it by public vote so assumed Leeds fans had "influenced" it.

If he is, good for him, genuinely hope he comes back next season, gets in the team and never looks back.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:22 am

Can't understand how anyone could think we were unlucky.
Rather the opposite for me.
We had no shape last night.
The distance between the defence, mf and what could be called attack was an abyss.
They just played neat simple footie between our lines and we never sussed this basic obvious point.
It's worrying.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:27 am

Mr Reality wrote:

Ayling form seems to have dipped badly this season, so he got a new contract. Does it help that his main competition is filling in on the left?

Just fuck off with this contract bollocks, the lad had an off night and he wasn't the only one.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:31 am

Phil LUFC wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Ayling form seems to have dipped badly this season, so he got a new contract. Does it help that his main competition is filling in on the left.

Is he? Genuine question as I've seen nothing of them. I saw he got a run of MoM awards but also saw they do it by public vote so assumed Leeds fans had "influenced" it.

If he is, good for him, genuinely hope he comes back next season, gets in the team and never looks back.

The point about coyle is that you have to give young players a run of games before judging. You can't just give them 20 mins here and there and expect them to perform at their best. Confident that if coyle had been given that chance here we would be seeing similar performances.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 10:32 am

Dale White wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Just fuck off with this contract bollocks, the lad had an off night and he wasn't the only one.

What a great contribution.

I'm pretty sure I'm told this is a place for different opinions. It seems that's not the case.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:52 pm

Mr Reality wrote:
I'm pretty sure I'm told this is a place for different opinions. It seems that's not the case.

Yep, opinions are fine.

Just to be clear , no one else on the board thinks the contracts stuff has any bearing on form/results.

No one else.....

Doesn’t make you wrong or us right, it just is what it is .....opinion wise.

You having a go at people for disagreeing with what you believe is fact......is, and always has been the problem.

Opinions can’t be wrong...by definition.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:59 pm

Mr Reality wrote:

The point about coyle is that you have to give young players a run of games before judging. You can't just give them 20 mins here and there and expect them to perform at their best. Confident that if coyle had been given that chance here we would be seeing similar performances.

The performance of someone like Roofe (great at lower levels, out of his depth here) is a great example of why potential doesn’t always match reality.

He may be playing well at Fleetwood, because that’s his level.

Professional coaches at Leeds saw him every day in training and let him go. So he can’t have been doing too well.

Saying you’re ‘confident be seeing similar performances’ is great but without any proof, is just as likely to be absolute nonsense as true.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:11 pm

Coyle isn't nearly as good as Ayling. At four years younger he has a chance of passing him at some point, but only if he continues to start every week, he should stay out there for the rest of the season at least.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:11 pm

MightyWhite wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Interesting I've seen a few jabs at O'Kane. I'm not his biggest fan overall but I thought he was one of only 2 or 3 who played well tonight. Put himself about, made lots of tackles, and generally made sure the ball went to a white shirt. He was streets ahead of Viera for me.

Blimey, you must have been watching a different game....he’s 27 years old, his last season at champ level he played less than 17 times (all comps) for a team that went up.

He’s not good enough, never has been and never will be, same as that clown next to him.

Well, I was talking about tonight’s game. What the fuck his stats for Bournemouth two seasons ago has to do with anything I’ll never know

The point is that in racing parlance his form is in the book.

What you see is what you get, he isn’t going to improve.

He’s already proven to be not good enough at this level in a better team.......so why does anyone think he will/should be good enough here?

Meanwhile we’ve got a full international midfielder whos played regularly in the top division wherever he’s been ..apart from last year when the team he played in won this league.........playing at LB.

It’s beyond laughable...

MightyWhite

One day 4 TOBY get into em Blunts CK

Postby MightyWhite » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:20 pm

I agree with your general point, I even prefixed my initial comment by saying “I’m not his biggest fan......”, I just felt last night O’Kane had one of his decent games.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:23 pm

In essence the best team picks itself... with some variations for different situations. I.e. you might change the full backs for Cardiff away vs Bolton at home.

Lonergan

Berardi/Ayling
Jansson
Shaughnessey
CBJ/ Cooper

Dallas
Anita
Vieira
Hernandez

Lassoga
Saiz

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:25 pm

MightyWhite wrote:I agree with your general point, I even prefixed my initial comment by saying “I’m not his biggest fan......”, I just felt last night O’Kane had one of his decent games.

Ok, maybe that proves the point more then.?

I.e. we got beat...easily

And lots of others played badly.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:31 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

Yep, opinions are fine.

Just to be clear , no one else on the board thinks the contracts stuff has any bearing on form/results.

No one else.....

Doesn’t make you wrong or us right, it just is what it is .....opinion wise.

You having a go at people for disagreeing with what you believe is fact......is, and always has been the problem.

Opinions can’t be wrong...by definition.

When your post is prefixed with fuck off then it suggests other opinions are not fine.

I haven't had a go at anybody for disagreeing. The opposite is true.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Oct 28, 2017 1:36 pm

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

The performance of someone like Roofe (great at lower levels, out of his depth here) is a great example of why potential doesn’t always match reality.

He may be playing well at Fleetwood, because that’s his level.

Professional coaches at Leeds saw him every day in training and let him go. So he can’t have been doing too well.

Saying you’re ‘confident be seeing similar performances’ is great but without any proof, is just as likely to be absolute nonsense as true.

I can list plenty of players who prove that potential can lead to performances.

The point is unless he gets a chance we won't know. With ayling struggling now should be his chance.

Return to “The Square Ball”