The State of US/World politics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Son of Leeds

The State of US/World politics

Postby Son of Leeds » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:15 am

Footie slow at the moment so I thought I'd extend our political scope from the UK. Here is a neat little topic on which everyone must know something, and which is prescient, and shouldn't put off those with more confidence than knowledge.

I'll start. There's too much political correctness around. You've got to say it how it is.

Trump is a fascist twat. Am I wrong?

This RNC convention malarky is a bit scary, what?
Leeds United is ruining my life.

FER

Re: The State of US/World politics

Postby FER » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Fuck politics and fuck the stupid dumb-ass politicians too! All liars and con-artists out for their own ends with no consideration for the common man!

As Ice-T once said "Try to ban the AK? I got ten of 'em stashed with a case of hand grenades!"

Vive la revolution!!!
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:32 pm

FER wrote:Fuck politics and fuck the stupid dumb-ass politicians too! All liars and con-artists out for their own ends with no consideration for the common man!

As Ice-T once said "Try to ban the AK? I got ten of 'em stashed with a case of hand grenades!"

Vive la revolution!!!

Where do I sign?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:21 pm

Son of Leeds wrote:Footie slow at the moment so I thought I'd extend our political scope from the UK. Here is a neat little topic on which everyone must know something, and which is prescient, and shouldn't put off those with more confidence than knowledge.

I'll start. There's too much political correctness around. You've got to say it how it is.

Trump is a fascist twat. Am I wrong?

This RNC convention malarky is a bit scary, what?

Nah, it's fine.

:? Ok, it's probably just the angle, not like she was straight up Nazi-ing him...

:shock: It's all in the elbow, as they say.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:38 am

Oh that's ace. She unconsciously does the Nazi salute, her consciousness kicks in a second later and her subconscious reacts. The horrified look of self awareness that flits across her face as she changes the angle of her elbow to disguise the gesture is priceless.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:39 am

Unconsciously? :wink:

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:15 am

Blackwhite wrote:Unconsciously? :wink:

Probably, yes. One has to be generous.
Been doing quite a bit of reading up on conscious/unconscious decision making. The timing of her reaction fits all the current data.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:28 am

Impressive acceptance speech though, cunt can say whatever he wants because the responses hardly gey ant publicity. He managed to lay the blame for just about every conflict in the world at Hillarys feet while digging the knife in over the emails. He's representing the establishments #1 party and is going to play the anti establishment card every chance he gets.

They going to elect him aren't they?

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:44 am

jackos wrote:They going to elect him aren't they?

I still think no. He's insulted and alienated too many people.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:35 pm

Vampire wrote:I still think no. He's insulted and alienated too many people.

He's doing a decent job of turning those insults to a his advantage though. See the way he outplayed Cruz, lined him up and shot him down. The party are getting behind him because they have no choice. Hillary is just too easy a target, he doesn't have to lie to hurt her, it's enough to exaggerate her mistakes and ignore the situation she inherited from previous administrations. She is "the establishment" people have come to hate , he most definitely is not. Like the Brexiters he's playing to fears that "the establishment" have ignored for too long.

I can see it now. Pence is the perfect Republican president, a mild mannered conservative Christian who'll toe the party line. Who'd be surprised to see Trump elected and dead within 24 months?

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:10 pm

jackos wrote:
Vampire wrote:I still think no. He's insulted and alienated too many people.

He's doing a decent job of turning those insults to a his advantage though. See the way he outplayed Cruz, lined him up and shot him down. The party are getting behind him because they have no choice. Hillary is just too easy a target, he doesn't have to lie to hurt her, it's enough to exaggerate her mistakes and ignore the situation she inherited from previous administrations. She is "the establishment" people have come to hate , he most definitely is not. Like the Brexiters he's playing to fears that "the establishment" have ignored for too long.

Maybe this, maybe he's a Corbyn in the sense that believers believe but it has no impact on the wider electorate. Milking his own Convention means fuck all. If Trump himself is dumb enough to think that playing to his gallery will get him into the White House, he's doomed.

I think the reality is that it will all depend on how many Hispanics and Blacks can be mobilised to vote against him. In this context he's one carcrash interview, perhaps after another police assassination, between the presidency and total annihilation.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:24 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Maybe this, maybe he's a Corbyn in the sense that believers believe but it has no impact on the wider electorate. Milking his own Convention means fuck all. If Trump himself is dumb enough to think that playing to his gallery will get him into the White House, he's doomed.

I think the reality is that it will all depend on how many Hispanics and Blacks can be mobilised to vote against him. In this context he's one carcrash interview, perhaps after another police assassination, between the presidency and total annihilation.

Given the campaign the party has run against him for the past twelve months a successful convention was critical for him and the party, following the fuck up with his wife's speech things looked bad but he, his family and his organisation manged to turn that round. It definitely does not mean fuck all. It means he has a chance of uniting conservatives behind him, and at the same time he's flirting with Bernie's working class.

The black and hispanic vote got Hillary her ticket, but its not sufficient to win an election is it? Especially not if Trump can mobilise the millions of white working class voters who have abstained from voting in recent election's. If he does that he might, miraculously, have a chance.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:13 am

if Trump can mobilise the millions of white working class voters who have abstained from voting in recent election's. If he does that he might, miraculously, have a chance.

A la Referendum...

Shit's getting real.

:burnley:
I like it. What is it?

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:14 am

"College whites" are arguably Trumps biggest problem- big voter block where he has very little traction.

Interesting race between two very unpopular candidates though

There's some statistical analysis to say he has a 36% chance of winning the election. No one on here bothered by stats so I won't go into methodology....

Then again, didn't McCain have the same degree lead that Clinton does now at an equivalent stage?

Got me into US politics a bit more. I'd recommend the FiveThirtyEight podcast for people with time on their hands

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:52 am

Mindo wrote: No one on here bothered by stats so I won't go into methodology....

:mrgreen:

Not listened to the fivethirtyeight pod, cheers. Nate has to get this one right or the shine will be truly off...

Mindo

Postby Mindo » Sat Jul 23, 2016 1:40 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Mindo wrote: No one on here bothered by stats so I won't go into methodology....

:mrgreen:

Not listened to the fivethirtyeight pod, cheers. Nate has to get this one right or the shine will be truly off...

He certainly took a big hit underestimating Trump. To be honest he is one of the less eloquent speakers on the pod, the others seem to buy into politics more beyond trends and numbers

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Jul 23, 2016 2:39 pm

It wouldn't surprise me, his sports analysing probably only goes so far when transferred to The Sport of Snakes.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:27 pm

Mildly amused to find out on Twitter that there's a neocon theory suggesting that Trump is a Putin stooge: the meh to NATO and isolationism type stuff.

Even when those mad cunts find the ideal batshit mental cunt to vote for, they still find something dodgy about him :lol:

My grandad was from Leeds

Postby My grandad was from Leeds » Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:54 pm

FER wrote:Fuck politics and fuck the stupid dumb-ass politicians too! All liars and con-artists out for their own ends with no consideration for the common man!

Vive la revolution!!!

Saw Ice-T, at the end of the gig he brought his child ou a la John Terry ..........gangsta

Or was it Wise or Beckham

gazurtoids

Postby gazurtoids » Sun Jul 24, 2016 7:14 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Mildly amused to find out on Twitter that there's a neocon theory suggesting that Trump is a Putin stooge: the meh to NATO and isolationism type stuff.

Even when those mad cunts find the ideal batshit mental cunt to vote for, they still find something dodgy about him :lol:

Have you seen the one claiming that all the abuse of Labour MPs online is actually being conducted by MI5 plants? Image

Return to “The Square Ball”