The Olympics

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
OWETB

The Olympics

Postby OWETB » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:02 pm

So we got off to a fucking disgrace before the fucker has even started. What the fuck were the trainers/ advisers/ nutritionists fucking playing at by not having that boxer at the correct weight for weigh in? Fucking Pathetic.

Laughing stock before the opening ceremony. That is unless an in-house test showed he was taking summat he wasn't supposed to be so to keep it hush hush they made him eat 5 pounds of steak to tip him over the scales.

How embarrassing.

Dale White

Re: The Olympics

Postby Dale White » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:08 pm

Not too bothered about the olympics tbh,apart from the ladies gymnastics. :mrgreen:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

gazlufc

Postby gazlufc » Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:34 pm

I`ll watch the track Cycling and maybe the Rowing but couldnt give a flying fuck about the rest.
YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE!!!!

Perseus

Postby Perseus » Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:27 pm

Cor blimey! Has 4 years passed already?

Best get saving for the next one lads as I here it's gonna cost us a packet,

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:09 am

They do seem to come around quite fast - probably just the getting older thing.

Last time my managers son-in-law was competing in the Pole Vault. So given the relationship and the fact that he is a yank, difficult to cheer for him. Bugger won it anyway, and boss has to bring in his medal and parade it around. :x

In 96 we were living in Atlanta and the place was a parking lot. We were made to take time-off during the games - a bit rough when you only get two weeks for the year. Olympic park seemed to be packed all the time.
They supposedly funded them with corporate deals, and most of the highway expansion was paid for out of national government funding, so apparently the cost to the city was not so great. Olympic village became dorms for the uni, the olympic stadium became home of the Braves, etc.
Oh, and Michael Johnson's 200m - stunning performance.
I only watch the athletics.

jackos

Postby jackos » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:35 am

Dale White wrote:Not too bothered about the olympics tbh,apart from the ladies gymnastics. :mrgreen:

If 13 year old girls in leotards is what does it for y you should start a club with simonb :roll: :?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:08 am

jackos wrote:
Dale White wrote:Not too bothered about the olympics tbh,apart from the ladies gymnastics. :mrgreen:

If 13 year old girls in leotards is what does it for y you should start a club with simonb :roll: :?

:mrgreen:

The correct answer is Womens Beach Volleyball.
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:58 am

MightyWhite wrote:
jackos wrote:

:mrgreen:

The correct answer is Womens Beach Volleyball.
Aye forgot about that. :mrgreen:
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Dale White

Postby Dale White » Fri Aug 08, 2008 8:59 am

jackos wrote:

Err,i was joking,slightly.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Guy Gadbois

Postby Guy Gadbois » Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:21 am

Are we in with a chance of placing in any of the main events, or is it the usual obscure freestyle pottery and clay-fired kilns events that we snatch a bronze in?

Have all those rowing machine type blokes retired now?
Yes, I know that.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:44 pm

Guy Gadbois wrote:

Aye, they've been replaced wi' static fuckin bikers.
Probably win a few medals for t' cycling, fuck all else.
Cycling ffs. :roll:
Enough ter mek yer weep.
In my day blokes called Alf useter do a full day's shift as a plumber, scoff two fish an three bags o chips, wi' scraps mind you, an go do a 3' 50" mile in bare feet, before goin back ter put in a bit o' owertime.
I dunno....kids these days......
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Fri Aug 08, 2008 6:54 pm

I was really fucked off with the opening ceremony. All that suspense, secrecy and blustering that it was going to be totally unforgettable and something that the world has never, and will never see again. What do we get? Fucking fireworks and some cunts running round a big ball.

I was hopeful that it was going to be a big 'FUCK YOU' to the rest of the world with the yellow people executing a load of Tibetan Monks to the tune of the March of the Volunteers, sort it out China, I've not seen any violence yet, fucking pathetic.

Rob

Postby Rob » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:32 pm

Most amusing Bastard. Execute some monks China.

All the athelets are on drugs anyway.

Guy Gadbois

Postby Guy Gadbois » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:23 am

Mustafaster wrote:
Guy Gadbois wrote:

Aye, they've been replaced wi' static fuckin bikers.
Probably win a few medals for t' cycling, fuck all else.
Cycling ffs. :roll:
Enough ter mek yer weep.
In my day blokes called Alf useter do a full day's shift as a plumber, scoff two fish an three bags o chips, wi' scraps mind you, an go do a 3' 50" mile in bare feet, before goin back ter put in a bit o' owertime.
I dunno....kids these days......

Old Tupper will be turning in 'is grave, will t'lad.

I guess we won't be appearing on this anytime soon:

http://results.beijing2008.cn/WRM/ENG/I ... 0000.shtml
Yes, I know that.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:42 am

B@stard wrote: I've not seen any violence yet, fucking pathetic.

Judo was this morning mate - and the british bloke fucking lost. First time Ive watched Judo and I have to say what a fucking pile of shite
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Guy Gadbois

Postby Guy Gadbois » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:09 am

PW wrote:
B@stard wrote: I've not seen any violence yet, fucking pathetic.

Judo was this morning mate - and the british bloke fucking lost. First time Ive watched Judo and I have to say what a fucking pile of shite

Two blokes wriggling around on the floor grabbing each other just makes me think of one word.
Yes, I know that.

Supernorm

Postby Supernorm » Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:36 pm

Was lying in bed watching the womens rowing this morning when the commentator informed us that the Chinese women crew in that particular heat hadn't made it to the pond/lake/lough (whatever it's fuckin called) in time and were disqualified. Now the Chinese have put a massive effort into these games and want to show the world they are 'simply the best'.

What are the odds that there was a quick firing squad organised in Bejing today.
Gripper wrote: "I did a Shaolin Qi-Gong taster sesh a few weeks back. Dead good it was" :lol: :lol: :lol:

KK Spunky69

Postby KK Spunky69 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 11:35 pm

Well they do noodles quite well and the sweet and sour sauce is ok but otherwise they can go and fucking die for me.

Cannot wait for the opening ceremony over here what a fucking joke that will be, usual bollocks about our 'united nations' no doubt, how about a re-enactment of our boys and the Battle of Britain?
Guns will make us powerful, butter will only make us fat.

Can you hear the red scum sing? I can't hear a fucking thing.

Sniffers Hankie

Postby Sniffers Hankie » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:26 am

Gotta Gold in the Ladies Road Race this morning albeit from a Welsh Bint. Nice watching all those firm arse's going up 'n' down 1st thing though :D :D
THE BRITISH ARMY THEY are THE BEST

Support British Soldiers in the Field

IF YOU WONT GET BEHIND OUR TROOPS THEN FUCKING STAND IN FRONT OF THEM

FER

Postby FER » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Was watching the womens weightlifting and had to chuckle when the commentator started going on about the women having to lift 95kg in the snatch! Jeez, that must be painful! :lol:
Squareball Prediction League Champion 2004/2005

Return to “The Square Ball”