LUTV - is it really that shit?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 pm

One question about yesterday - Matthew Jones? In the co-pilots seat he struggled over any non-British player's name for Leeds and more often than not called the Swansea players by their first names. I appreciate that he's been coaching the Swansea U23s but I'm not interested in a non-biased, BBC-type approach at this stage of the season and I demand blind partisanship from LUTV. Or were we only allowed Welsh commentators as a penalty for WW supporting Leeds?

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:One question about yesterday - Matthew Jones? In the co-pilots seat he struggled over any non-British player's name for Leeds and more often than not called the Swansea players by their first names. I appreciate that he's been coaching the Swansea U23s but I'm not interested in a non-biased, BBC-type approach at this stage of the season and I demand blind partisanship from LUTV. Or were we only allowed Welsh commentators as a penalty for WW supporting Leeds?


Maybe wanted a local lad due to some Covid restrictions or other that affected travel options?

User avatar
Bobbycollins
Joined: Sun Jun 23, 2019 7:52 pm
Location: Leeds

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Bobbycollins » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:21 pm

I wasn't looking for a rational response :thumbl:

User avatar
metalsmurf
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Littleborough, Gtr Scumland

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:02 pm

Thought he was very good, tactically aware and when he was talking about Leeds he kept saying we. Good player shame injuries ruined his Leeds career.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

User avatar
Phil LUFC
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:26 pm
Location: Scunthorpe

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:54 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Thought he was very good, tactically aware and when he was talking about Leeds he kept saying we. Good player shame injuries ruined his Leeds career.

I thought he demonstrated on a regular basis he's not really seen us play much. Especially his long speculation on how our half time subs would change our shape, 2 up top, back 3 apparently. Thought Bryn was going to interrupt but he chose not to. About a minute later "Oh, Alioski has just slotted in at left back".

He was ok in general though. More articulate than Ben Parker.

jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby jackos » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:59 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Thought he was very good, tactically aware and when he was talking about Leeds he kept saying we. Good player shame injuries ruined his Leeds career.


Injuries didnt ruin his Leeds career. We sold him to Leicester for 3.5M quid and his career ended short after. Was a good deal for us at the time I guess.
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
metalsmurf
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Littleborough, Gtr Scumland

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby metalsmurf » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:04 pm

jackos wrote:
metalsmurf wrote:Thought he was very good, tactically aware and when he was talking about Leeds he kept saying we. Good player shame injuries ruined his Leeds career.


Injuries didnt ruin his Leeds career. We sold him to Leicester for 3.5M quid and his career ended short after. Was a good deal for us at the time I guess.

Word on the street was he was crocked when we got rid.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

User avatar
welshwhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:15 pm

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby welshwhite » Mon Jul 13, 2020 6:12 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:One question about yesterday - Matthew Jones? In the co-pilots seat he struggled over any non-British player's name for Leeds and more often than not called the Swansea players by their first names. I appreciate that he's been coaching the Swansea U23s but I'm not interested in a non-biased, BBC-type approach at this stage of the season and I demand blind partisanship from LUTV. Or were we only allowed Welsh commentators as a penalty for WW supporting Leeds?


I was a temporary assistant kit man at the game so never heard him so can't give my views on it.

My cover was broken when I screamed "get the fuck in" on top of my voice right next to the Swansea bench. Ironic that it was my Welsh accent that gave me away, hard trying to explain what I was doing there wearing the Leeds tracksuit.
I've been told all my screaming and shouting came over quite loud on LUTV.

I was ejected and missed all the post-match free scran - Cunts!
Phisher/Email fraudster.

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Ponte » Tue Jul 14, 2020 6:23 am

Phil LUFC wrote:More articulate than Ben Parker.

High praise indeed.
Conclave member

User avatar
MightyWhite
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:38 am
Location: Notts

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby MightyWhite » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:10 pm

Now we’re back in the Prem I was thinking it might time to get in to the *cough*IPTV*cough* racket. Any recommendations? Feel free to PM if it’s too controversial. :study:
Keep Fighting

User avatar
LSD&2Es
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:06 am
Location: Surrey

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:35 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Now we’re back in the Prem I was thinking it might time to get in to the *cough*IPTV*cough* racket. Any recommendations? Feel free to PM if it’s too controversial. :study:


I absolutely don't know anyone at all so PMing me would be utterly pointless
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Ponte » Tue Jul 21, 2020 8:43 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:
MightyWhite wrote:Now we’re back in the Prem I was thinking it might time to get in to the *cough*IPTV*cough* racket. Any recommendations? Feel free to PM if it’s too controversial. :study:


I absolutely don't know anyone at all so PMing me would be utterly pointless

I definitely don’t know what you’re on about and certainly wouldn’t recommend PMing LSD about any splendid service.
Conclave member

User avatar
barry white
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:31 am

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby barry white » Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:32 am

Looks like the international stream is continuing

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Quiffy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:53 pm

barry white wrote:Looks like the international stream is continuing

Just seen that they say they are showing the hull and Fulham matches on lutv, so I'm hoping that my vpn can do it's business again. When I checked earlier today I couldn't actually purchase the match pass thing which was a little worrying. I thought you could buy the 'subscription' a week in advance.

I'm hoping now tv will do a sports season ticket / 10 months for £200 deal in the next few weeks, but bt sports is an arse to get, they don't seem to do any deals that are available for freeview customers such as myself. I don't want to change my broadband as virgin is the best round here but we don't do the virgin tv anymore cos we never watched all the channels and it's connected to the telly in the front room which we no longer use.

So at the moment we're relying on lutv and the vpn.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere
Contact:

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:57 pm

Quiffy wrote: When I checked earlier today I couldn't actually purchase the match pass thing which was a little worrying. I thought you could buy the 'subscription' a week in advance.

Were you 'away' when you checked?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Poshwhite
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:21 pm

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Poshwhite » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 pm

Quiffy wrote:
barry white wrote:Looks like the international stream is continuing

Just seen that they say they are showing the hull and Fulham matches on lutv, so I'm hoping that my vpn can do it's business again. When I checked earlier today I couldn't actually purchase the match pass thing which was a little worrying. I thought you could buy the 'subscription' a week in advance.

I'm hoping now tv will do a sports season ticket / 10 months for £200 deal in the next few weeks, but bt sports is an arse to get, they don't seem to do any deals that are available for freeview customers such as myself. I don't want to change my broadband as virgin is the best round here but we don't do the virgin tv anymore cos we never watched all the channels and it's connected to the telly in the front room which we no longer use.

So at the moment we're relying on lutv and the vpn.


I’d read the BT sport Website as offering a PAYG option for £25/month, can be watched on a tablet or PC. Was planning to plug laptop into the telly to watch if I can justify a month long pass.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Quiffy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:27 pm

Blackwhite wrote:
Quiffy wrote: When I checked earlier today I couldn't actually purchase the match pass thing which was a little worrying. I thought you could buy the 'subscription' a week in advance.

Were you 'away' when you checked?

Yeah. Back in France.

Is it available to you?
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
Quiffy
Joined: Thu May 01, 2008 6:56 pm

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Quiffy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:28 pm

Poshwhite wrote:
Quiffy wrote:
barry white wrote:Looks like the international stream is continuing

Just seen that they say they are showing the hull and Fulham matches on lutv, so I'm hoping that my vpn can do it's business again. When I checked earlier today I couldn't actually purchase the match pass thing which was a little worrying. I thought you could buy the 'subscription' a week in advance.

I'm hoping now tv will do a sports season ticket / 10 months for £200 deal in the next few weeks, but bt sports is an arse to get, they don't seem to do any deals that are available for freeview customers such as myself. I don't want to change my broadband as virgin is the best round here but we don't do the virgin tv anymore cos we never watched all the channels and it's connected to the telly in the front room which we no longer use.

So at the moment we're relying on lutv and the vpn.


I’d read the BT sport Website as offering a PAYG option for £25/month, can be watched on a tablet or PC. Was planning to plug laptop into the telly to watch if I can justify a month long pass.


Interesting. I'd be inclined to do the same. :thumbl:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

User avatar
AndyPaul
Joined: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:27 am

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby AndyPaul » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:45 pm

Quiffy wrote:
barry white wrote:Looks like the international stream is continuing

Just seen that they say they are showing the hull and Fulham matches on lutv, so I'm hoping that my vpn can do it's business again. When I checked earlier today I couldn't actually purchase the match pass thing which was a little worrying. I thought you could buy the 'subscription' a week in advance.

I'm hoping now tv will do a sports season ticket / 10 months for £200 deal in the next few weeks, but bt sports is an arse to get, they don't seem to do any deals that are available for freeview customers such as myself. I don't want to change my broadband as virgin is the best round here but we don't do the virgin tv anymore cos we never watched all the channels and it's connected to the telly in the front room which we no longer use.

So at the moment we're relying on lutv and the vpn.


I've got one of those now tv sticks. Btsport has an app on it so you can watch on TV in HD as well as the skysports. As you say btsport never no deals but currently paying 20 a month for skysports

User avatar
Ponte
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:36 am
Location: Between a rock and a hard place.

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Ponte » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:47 pm

If any of you fuckers use EE you can get a BT Sport add on for nowt for 3 months
Conclave member


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ARDS, Bnimble, jackos, Poshwhite and 18 guests