LUTV - is it really that shit?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
metalsmurf

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby metalsmurf » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:01 am

Going back to the subscription topic. I was out in Skipton during the Stoke away game and thought I'd listen to it. Tried the App, couldn't load the audio, thought I had tech issues, reinstalled the app etc.
Yesterday got an email from paypal saying I'd paid for the weekly audio pass. It seems I've signed up for it and will be billed weekly until I cancel.
All good you say, however as I've said before I pay a yearly charge in March of £51.48 which I'm sure Mr R will tell you is £0.99 a week.
Cancelled the audio pass and told LUTV this, they have record of me having an account but no active subscriptions and they don't do the annual thing anymore.
By my reckoning they owe me £41.58
£51.48 less 10 weeks @ £0.99
Cunts (until I get it back, then they're ok)
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:58 pm

I tried to use you login for the stoke game. I think there was a separate subscription for the cup game.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:54 pm

Got an email about a refund for last weekend debacle should process in 3 to 5 days

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Oct 22, 2019 4:59 pm

I fucking haven't. Cunts.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:06 pm

dirty leeds wrote:I fucking haven't. Cunts.

Did you send a contact log during the game? i read in the FAQ that they wont refund unless you contact them.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:09 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:

Did you send a contact log during the game? i read in the FAQ that they wont refund unless you contact them.

Yes, I filled in the form via FAQs and they replied to that [on Sat]. I also emailed them afterwards, asking for a refund, via the same route and got the auto acknowledgement. So I've done my bit. Ball in their court now.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:11 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Chieftain626 wrote:

Yes, I filled in the form via FAQs and they replied to that [on Sat]. I also emailed them afterwards, asking for a refund, via the same route and got the auto acknowledgement. So I've done my bit. Ball in their court now.

i did the exact same thing so i guess yours is in the mail...

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:54 pm

clearly glutton for punishment this is wank. its not working tonight either.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:56 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:clearly glutton for punishment this is wank. its not working tonight either.

Shit. Sorry to hear that. It's on sky red button so there should be hooky streams..?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:03 pm

I didn't request a refund, just a complaint that the service was not working for our Centenary. Got my refund today, but I'd rather have recieved an apology and an explanation of what they are doing to avoid a repeat in the future.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:42 pm

metalsmurf wrote:Going back to the subscription topic. I was out in Skipton during the Stoke away game and thought I'd listen to it. Tried the App, couldn't load the audio, thought I had tech issues, reinstalled the app etc.
Yesterday got an email from paypal saying I'd paid for the weekly audio pass. It seems I've signed up for it and will be billed weekly until I cancel.
All good you say, however as I've said before I pay a yearly charge in March of £51.48 which I'm sure Mr R will tell you is £0.99 a week.
Cancelled the audio pass and told LUTV this, they have record of me having an account but no active subscriptions and they don't do the annual thing anymore.
By my reckoning they owe me £41.58
£51.48 less 10 weeks @ £0.99
Cunts (until I get it back, then they're ok)

So I now have a weekly match pass until feb 2020; that’s the one they do’t do anymore :roll:
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:43 pm

Chieftain626 wrote:clearly glutton for punishment this is wank. its not working tonight either.

You could face time me

jackos

Postby jackos » Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:57 pm

metalsmurf wrote:So I now have a weekly match pass until feb 2020; that’s the one they do’t do anymore :roll:

Really pissed me off in the summer after they continued to charge a subscription fee after the season had ended, fuck knows how they get away with it. After a few emails asking how they can charge a fee when they have no product they gave me my money back. Back then you had to send email to cancel the subscription, and they had a 7 day minimum cancellation period, think you can cancel directly fromypu lutv account now < unless you decide to pay 42 weeks up front I guess ...

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:11 pm

metalsmurf wrote:

You could face time me

it wasn't working for me at kick off, so i got on twitter and found a stream pretty quick, the lufc one then kicked in, as i'd got in my plane to france, and all was good.

pm me in case you need a hand, but a decent point after another good performance.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:21 pm

Had no problems with LUTV tonight.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Had no problems with LUTV tonight.

Couldn’t log in till 7 minutes after it started other than that it was fine

Ontolly

LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Ontolly » Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:37 pm

This cunt takes 99p a week off me and tells me I need a subscription to watch the fucking stiffs.

To add insult to injury they send an email response that they clearly think closes the case their end.

Hi,

Thanks for your email and I'm sorry to hear you are having issues accessing content on LUTV.

Ahead of the next live coverage, can I please get you to run through some quick troubleshooting steps on the app?

Firstly, can you please log out of your account on the app - you can do this by opening the menu tab on the left and selecting 'Logout'
Once logged out, please then uninstall the app itself.
Once uninstalled, please then reinstall the app back onto your device (You can download again via the appropriate link: iOS or Android)
Once reinstalled, please open the app and log back in. Can you then try again to access the live coverage.
If the issue still persists and you encounter the same error message, can I get you to please forward this over to the developers of the app for further advice. The developers are called InCrowd and are available at support@incrowdsports.com

I hope the above is useful to you.

Kind regards,

--
Matthew J
lutvsupport@streamamg.com

LUTV Support Team
lutvsupport@streamamg.com

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:58 am

So, I've covered my bases for tonight and gone for the £10 match pass for the game tonight.

Will I be able to watch it via the Browser on my FireTV Stick or will I need to Cast a browser tab from my laptop (which is what I'd normally do)?
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:04 am

I've done the same. I'd be surprised if it works on the Firestick (if only because browser support is wobbly), so it's probably better to cast it if possible. I'm going to try that and then if that doesn't work, I'll use an HDMI cable to a laptop. I planned to test it today so I'll report back with any findings.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:19 am

FYI if you have a PS4 it seems to work on the PS4 browser. At least for video clips - haven't tried a live stream yet.

Return to “The Square Ball”