Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
dirty leeds

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

Hooper and Boyd playing for Weds.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:44 pm

1-2 Boyd puts Weds ahead just on H-T. Dalby hit the bar about 5 mins earlier when he should have scored - header two yards out. Lads are playing well going forward.
Pearce and Clarke down the left for us, looking lively.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:49 pm

dirty leeds wrote:1-2 Boyd puts Weds ahead just on H-T. Dalby hit the bar about 5 mins earlier when he should have scored - header two yards out. Lads are playing well going forward.
Pearce and Clarke down the left for us, looking lively.

hmm, pearce was looking a decent player for us in the spring, whilst douglas is no doubt a good bit better right now it is a shame not to see more of the boy.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:07 pm

2-2 Clarke header. Forshaw on, Baker off.

Uh-oh, Shaughnessy off with an injury after 10 mins second half. Hasn't looked great, tbh. Only 10 men now as we had made all three subs.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 1:57 pm

Commendable rear-guard action to maintain the unbeaten run. Lots of bodies on the line after we went down to ten men.

Must be a source of some irony to Jack Clarke that he turned down a move to Citeh because he thought he'd have more of a chance at Leeds, only to be kept out of the team by Jack Harrison, on loan from Citeh.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:00 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Ten fucking quid, though.

Get into a pedestrian tunnel and sell some more Echoes out of a cardboard box, lazy fucker :mrgreen:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:19 pm

Or go to my mate's round the corner and watch his Sky TV...

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:28 pm

Tommy wrote:Commendable rear-guard action to maintain the unbeaten run. Lots of bodies on the line after we went down to ten men.

Must be a source of some irony to Jack Clarke that he turned down a move to Citeh because he thought he'd have more of a chance at Leeds, only to be kept out of the team by Jack Harrison, on loan from Citeh.

In fairness, Harrison is 4 years older. Clarke well break through this season unless he suffers with injury, the rest is about how best to manage him. As much as I love the whole "if you're good enough, you're old enough" approach we've damaged too many young players careers through over use (as we have through not giving them a chance).

It's clear in Bielsa's approach, Harrison is one of his senior pros while Clarke (along with Pearce, Roberts and Shackleton) are his pick of the youth players who will come in when we're more desperate. Fair enough really.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:07 pm

Aye it would be daft to throw in a 17 year old unless it becomes absolutely necessary and Harrison has been decent in the last two matches. Hopefully in the next couple of years we'll see how Clarke and Edmondson (to name but two) develop, assuming they do. There's definitely no rush to throw them in but it's nice to see them on the bench from time to time when needs must.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:10 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Or go to my mate's round the corner and watch his Sky TV...

The value-added solution being the best, yet again.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:47 pm

Lorimer made his debut at 15. Lennon and Milner were 16.

Be nice even if he came on for the last ten minutes.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:15 pm

Phil LUFC wrote: As much as I love the whole "if you're good enough, you're old enough" approach we've damaged too many young players careers through over use (as we have through not giving them a chance).

Aye plenty of players have been over played and then stagnate. Others have had their opportunities blocked by journeyman with managers not brave enough to drop big earners.

As for Clarke he will get game time whether it's at the expense of Harrison we don't know. But many seem determined to write Harrison off before he gets a run of consecutive games.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Sep 18, 2018 4:50 pm

It appears that the International Stream for tonight is still a fiver. I may be on a plane to NYC by the time you read this.

Chieftain626

Postby Chieftain626 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:17 pm

was going to mention this earlier ^ but the site wasn't working

barry white

Postby barry white » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:32 am

Login not working - "We could not find your email address, please try again"

Then I went to iFollow, put Leeds in, got a 404 on our site instead of the subscribe page that every other team has.

Can't wait for next Sunday :clown:

I hope Rad's football club owner skills are better than his footy on TV business skills

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:01 am

it seems LUTV has dumped eddie from the co-commentating role and replaced him with the dulcet, or just plain flat, tones of ben parker which is a shame. eddie, y'know, has his style but is far more perceptive than parker, and his y'know, analysis was better balanced and more insightful.

at least the picture's better than last year as they seem to have invested in a high definition camera this year.

on the other hand, with so many of our games being on sky, there is a useful nowtv offer on at the moment offering 10 months for £199, saving £140. £199 does seem a large outlay at this time of the year, but £20 a month is good and i've found a better way of splitting that cost. my son wanted to watch sports on his playstation in his bedroom so logged in there on our account which gave me the clue that you can have multiple log ins, 5 in fact, (though only 2 using nowtv at the same time), so i went round to my mum and dad's who live a couple of streets away and tried our log in on their system and it worked. I've persuaded my dad to split the £200 and we'll give him our log in for 10 months, so giving us 10 months of sky sports for £10 a month. :cheers:

https://www.nowtv.com/promo/sky-sports it runs until the 25 aug.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:19 am

I've been getting sky sports for £15 a month, recently extended that until end of 2020. Downside is I'm also paying them for Q, multiroom and HD. But at least this way I get the red button midweek games too.

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 am

dirty leeds wrote:Ten fucking quid, though.

Exactly. The £5 price point was tolerable given the performance (non-performance morelike amirite) but doubling that is a pill a lot of people will balk at swallowing. Especially since you can get a a NowTV 24 hour pass for less :evil:

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:25 am

You can currently find a NowTV weekly pass for Sky Sports on Google for less than £4.50.

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:32 am

Definitely agreed on Ben Parker. He seems to secretly wish we were still as shit as when he played for us.

I suppose the problem is that any of our more 'prestigous' or enterprising former players can get better-paying gigs elsewhere. I'm not sure what the alternative would be, other than Eddie (who should be getting a pension from the club to put his feet up, as far as I'm concerned).

Maybe if/when we get back in to the top flight we'll be able to afford a better class of pundit, though again I'm not sure who.

Return to “The Square Ball”