LUTV - is it really that shit?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Tommy

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:13 am

I think this basically emphasises that they don't care about fans using VPNs. It's all additional revenue and like most fans I'm happy to pay it. Between that and the beambacks, even away days must be a decent earner for the club now.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:18 am

Tommy wrote:You can just not give money and it keeps working. You don't need the Premium features.

Incidentally, I realised during the last match that you only have to have it on when you are paying for the match. After that you can turn it off and it runs a lot smoother.

trouble is i was in france when i signed up to lutv and it's gone a bit brexit and not allowing me back to france, saying that if i want to go back to france (and not germany) i have to pay.

i haven't yet tried but don't expect LUTV to accept that I've moved to germany.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:35 am

Yeah, that's the typical bait and switch. Stick it to them by actually going to France.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:37 am

Blackwhite wrote:Yeah, that's the typical bait and switch. Stick it to them by actually going to France.

:mrgreen:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 12:02 pm

Quiffy wrote:i haven't yet tried but don't expect LUTV to accept that I've moved to germany.

Seems like they don't care at all where you are as long as it's abroad.

Uninstall and reinstall the plug-in, that should sort it.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:30 pm

Tommy wrote:
Quiffy wrote:i haven't yet tried but don't expect LUTV to accept that I've moved to germany.

Seems like they don't care at all where you are as long as it's abroad.

Uninstall and reinstall the plug-in, that should sort it.

will give it a go when i next need it. thanks for the customer support. :thumbl:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:28 pm

Worked out how to play LUTV on the tele using an Amazon Fire Stick, if anyone can be bothered. Basically you just need an App called Downloader, which you use to download Chrome and IPVanish. Didn't have a single interruption yesterday.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:30 pm

Tommy wrote:Worked out how to play LUTV on the tele using an Amazon Fire Stick, if anyone can be bothered. Basically you just need an App called Downloader, which you use to download Chrome and IPVanish. Didn't have a single interruption yesterday.

Might try that. I already have Downloader, so Chrome and Hola it is, then. Cheers, T.

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:05 pm

Assuming there's a Hola app available that should work. It's a bit of pissing about to get them all installed but if you can be arsed it works surprisingly well. Using the remote as a mouse is hard work so you'd have to make the purchase on another device first (also using a VPN). Actually it's a lot of work now I think about it. :?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:33 pm

Laptop running VPN > log in from chrome and buy intl.stream> start stream in chrome > cast to TV > turn off vpn
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

emtee

Postby emtee » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:07 pm

i tried it in chrome on an android tv box jobbo but just got a gobbledigook error msg

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:43 pm

Blackwhite wrote:Laptop running VPN > log in from chrome and buy intl.stream> start stream in chrome > cast to TV > turn off vpn

Is this tested then? I suffered some performance issues yesterday I put down to the VPN rather than LUTV, didn't occur to me it'd still work if I turned it off.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:17 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Laptop running VPN > log in from chrome and buy intl.stream> start stream in chrome > cast to TV > turn off vpn

Is this tested then? I suffered some performance issues yesterday I put down to the VPN rather than LUTV, didn't occur to me it'd still work if I turned it off.

I turned it off first half and had no problem. While I sat in Dam Square enjoying my Jack Herer and my Heineken watching the game on a nearby TV... :ninja:

emtee wrote:i tried it in chrome on an android tv box jobbo but just got a gobbledigook error msg

Not sure if the mobile device version works in the same way, I can't cast in the same way from my tablet as I can from my laptop.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:57 pm

may i ask any advice on which vpn you would recommend? i'm past my feebie bit on zenmate and although LUTV didn't seem to mind that i had holidayed to germany from france (zenmate basic is limiting my options on this) it is no longer in hd, so when i whammed it on my big telly it just was a tad blurry (which i am going to use as my excuse for getting the name of the bloke who tried to crock vieira wrong.)

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:46 pm

As I say, once you're connected you can turn it off, and it's no longer limiting your speed. Tommy pointed this out some time ago.

Tommy

LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Tommy » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:42 am

I decided to get a cheap subscription to IPVanish because it works and they have apps on every platform. You can also use it across multiple devices. Given that I’m going to do this all season and presumably beyond it strikes me as worth it. You can use it to watch US Netflix too etc.

barry white

Postby barry white » Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:38 am

Why don't they list which games are on 'international-match-centre'? :scratch:

Tommy

Postby Tommy » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:35 am

As I understand it, it's all the League matches for the whole season but not the cup matches.

However the Leicester match is on ESPN 3 which means there might be a stream online or if you've got a US VPN in theory you could pay for a day pass for the ESPN player. I've tweeted to ask if it's available for UK viewers but not yet had a response.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:22 am

Tommy wrote:As I understand it, it's all the League matches for the whole season but not the cup matches.

However the Leicester match is on ESPN 3 which means there might be a stream online or if you've got a US VPN in theory you could pay for a day pass for the ESPN player. I've tweeted to ask if it's available for UK viewers but not yet had a response.

Not quite: they didn't broadcast Reading - was it? - because it was being shown in Australia. So it may be that the odd league game they'd normally broadcast falls by the wayside too. In that case I think I used Reddit?

barry white

Postby barry white » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:23 am

Yeah, looks like a Kodi job

Return to “The Square Ball”