LUTV - is it really that shit?

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
barry white

LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby barry white » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:08 am

Is the site broken, or is it really that shit? It does absolutely fuck all.

News page – blank
Features (previews) page – blank
Freeview (ad for how great LUTV is) – doesn’t play
Match highlights page – nothing plays

What’s the big white space on the left all about? No nav or log out (quirky).

topa
bazza

Dale White

Re: LUTV - is it really that shit?

Postby Dale White » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:22 am

I gave it a go for a month last season and it was fucking shite and didn't work right once.
FUCK OFF BATES !!!

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:45 am

The server seems to be down just now, there was a lot on it yesterday - as for the rest Barry, are you using Firefox or IE?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

barry white

Postby barry white » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:06 am

IE6, IE7 & FF

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 03, 2008 11:54 am

:) Well that covers the bases pretty well, don't it?

It seemed OK yesterday, bit laggy in places. Didn't try downloading any highlights or anything but the streams were working OK (kept me amused til the delayed KO anyway...)

But today, all I'm getting is WMP error messages up the wazoo.

So in answer to your original question - YES.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

irishwhite

Postby irishwhite » Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:44 pm

It's working fine here you fucking ming mongs..
posted June 02, 2007 02:24 PM
If Bates stays in charge, I am officially washing my hands of Leeds Utd. It's dead to me.
Mavis0269

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:20 pm

irishwhite wrote:It's working fine here you fucking ming mongs..

:lol:
Can I suggest a career on a Tech Support Helpline?

barry white

Postby barry white » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:42 pm

Must be something to do with my computers as I've just been round my mates to listen to 2nd half & his works fine. Are there any techy ballers who can tell me why my LUTV home page looks like this when I log in?

I guess this is where the link to the commentary should be. I've tried various browsers on different machines running Vista & XP. The videos don't play either & the news and feaures pages are empty. In fact fuck all works on it.

cheers
Bazza

Jovo Simanic

Postby Jovo Simanic » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:16 pm

Have you tried contacting LUTV support? Presumably there's a dungeon under Elland Road where various trolls are busily working away to provide some kind of answer to IT related queries in as surly and confusing a manner as possible.

barry white

Postby barry white » Sat Aug 09, 2008 6:16 pm

Can't find an e-mail address for them?

gazlufc

Postby gazlufc » Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:02 pm

I subscribed last season and come christmas the piece of shite just never logged me in.I contacted them and they were about as useful as a jonny with an hole in it.
Got an e-mail the other day to say they`ve took another 12 months subscription out my account when i was gonna knock it on the head.
CUNTS!!!!!!!
YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE YORKSHIRE!!!!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:16 pm

Does anyone use LUTV on Safari on a Mac?

Sounds like if half of you can't get the twat to work on a PC I haven't got a hope in hell.

90 miles an hour

Postby 90 miles an hour » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:11 pm

Won't work with Safari, but no problems with Firefox.
It may take a little longer than planned - but we'll be back.

barry white

Postby barry white » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:18 am

I sent them the above image & LUTV support replied that I should click on the 'live' tab to listen to the commentary Image.

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:58 am

90 miles an hour wrote:Won't work with Safari, but no problems with Firefox.

Works with safari for me. Didn't until recently but now it seems to be fine... you need flip 4 mac installed.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

the-flying-pig

Postby the-flying-pig » Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:30 pm

i'm happy to say that i just watched the highlights and, as a package, they were pretty shit.

no commentary or camerawork worthy of the name [maybe because an away game?]

i thought enoch looked rather handy, actually...

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:07 pm

the-flying-pig wrote:i'm happy to say that i just watched the highlights and, as a package, they were pretty shit.

no commentary or camerawork worthy of the name [maybe because an away game?]

i thought enoch looked rather handy, actually...

They've now got an extended 20 mins highlight package available - not watched it yet but I'm expecting it to have commentary although there was only 1 camera a glanford park so other than showing more of the game and maybe a few more slow motion replay's they can't really do a lot else.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:44 am

did anyone notice [pointed out on waccoe] that, even for members, live coverage of our preseason games is going to be PPV, £5 a throw? bit of a swizz if you ask me, one of the reasons for subscribing, if you ask me, was that they'd occasionally have a few very minor [stiffs and friendlies] live games on there...

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/20100721/live-friendlies-on-lutv_2247585_2098412

**edit - pleasing to see me describe enoch as "handy" above - talk about prescient...**

SimonB

Postby SimonB » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:47 am

I thought it was a bit of a shit decision, if they had just made it PPV for anyone they might have got more out of it. As it is I am not going to pay £45 for one game on the net as I go to most games I dont really need LUTV but for a one off payment I would probably have watched.
We had a meeting at work today and I was asked what steps I would take in the event of a fire. Apparently "fucking big ones" wasn't the right answer

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:54 am

the fliying pig wrote:did anyone notice [pointed out on waccoe] that, even for members, live coverage of our preseason games is going to be PPV, £5 a throw? bit of a swizz if you ask me, one of the reasons for subscribing, if you ask me, was that they'd occasionally have a few very minor [stiffs and friendlies] live games on there...

http://www.leedsunited.com/news/2010072 ... 85_2098412

**edit - pleasing to see me describe enoch as "handy" above - talk about prescient...**

I noticed that, and I'm a subscriber already - it does seem more than a bit shit to have to pay a top up for these games. Can't think of a single other example where this applies (on this scale). I mean, you get PPV stuff on sky, having had to subscribe for varying levels of service, but we're talking about an extra top up on the same channel here. Its like saying "pay £16 a month extra for sky sports and you'll get the right to pay £5 further to watch a game".

And for 1 camera coverage too in norway!!

I'd not renew LUTV in protest if it weren't my only way of listing to away games, and generally being worth it for highlight packages.

SimonB wrote:I thought it was a bit of a shit decision, if they had just made it PPV for anyone they might have got more out of it. As it is I am not going to pay £45 for one game on the net as I go to most games I dont really need LUTV but for a one off payment I would probably have watched.

That'd have worked in my view, except difficult to sort out when you can subscribe for 1 month for £5, as both gams are in a week, they'd have had to be £2 each as PPV to make you better off over subscribing.

Return to “The Square Ball”