O/T boxing

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
sunshine whites

Re: O/T boxing

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Dec 04, 2019 4:46 am

In Riyadh -for The Clash in the Dunes, quite event after F1 Abu Dhabi last week & Dubai Sevens!.
Good looking card.4th largest purse in boxing history.

ANDY RUIZ JR VS ANTHONY JOSHUA 12 X 3 MINS IBF, WBA, WBO & IBO WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
DILLIAN bodysnatcher WHYTE VS MARIUSZ WACH HEAVYWEIGHT CONTEST
ALEXANDER POVETKIN VS MICHAEL "the Bounty" HUNTER WBA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP ELIMINATOR
FILIP el animal HRGOVIC VS ERIC drummer boy MOLINA WBC INTERNATIONAL HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP
MAHAMMADRASUL MAJIDOV VS TOM no LITTLE HEAVYWEIGHT CONTEST
Zuhayr Al Qahtani (7-0) v Omar Dusary (7-0-1, 1 KO) WBC Middle East Lightweight Title
DIEGO PACHECO SUPER-MIDDLEWEIGHT CONTEST v HOPEY PRICE

Went to the open training last night AJ looks very trim. confidenta & much more focused for this one expect him to try out box not get into scrap this time & AJ said there will be a 3rd fight with Ruiz.
Ruiz not that much trimmer despite the press shots, but yes looked quick.
Meeting Dillan Whyte was interesting! He was the plane with a college where passenger freaked out & tried to open the external door mid flight!
Watch out for a Leeds lad Ivan "Hopey" Price Super bantam weight on the under card - Got Gold at the Olympic Youth Games last year in Buenos Aires, has two European Championships and 7 National Titles. turned Pro October 2019 cracking lad who looked very sharp, gave us the Leeds Salute!

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:14 am

Looking forward to this, not sure how I'm going to watch it yet, go out or try the IPTV route.
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Dec 04, 2019 7:44 am

Its on SkySport so Shirley available .. better still get a ticket! Quite a buzz in Riyadh, the open session yesterday was sireal & extremely well mannered, literally outside my office at the HQ of PIF the sponsors.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:14 am

always pleasing when there's big fight on at a sensible [by UK standards] time of night.

i'm honestly surprised that joshua is such a strong[ish] betting favourite, i make this a coin flip?

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Dec 04, 2019 10:50 am

the flying pig wrote:always pleasing when there's big fight on at a sensible [by UK standards] time of night.

i'm honestly surprised that joshua is such a strong[ish] betting favourite, i make this a coin flip?

1 v 1 & one hit is all it takes -It always is!

Interesting charecter in the ring last night, as a trainer, in the Kieth "bounty" Hunter corner
Hasim Rahman!
No doubt Lennox will show up as pundit putting down AJ - although he knows full well what is like to take lightly an opponent!

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:19 am

the flying pig wrote:always pleasing when there's big fight on at a sensible [by UK standards] time of night.

I get a sense of it being like the Lewis v Rahman rematch where the fallen champ has to win and win well.

Joshua in 4 for me. If he loses he will struggle to come back from it.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed Dec 04, 2019 11:55 am

What time is AJ expected on?
I like it. What is it?

sunshine whites

Postby sunshine whites » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:54 pm

Devi wrote:What time is AJ expected on?

https://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/1 ... s-head-off

830pm GMT confirned by SkySport & was reconfirm at last nights open Sparring

Late in KSA- time is 1130pm ring walk, Bell rings by KSA 12pm
Flipping cool for here too forcast to go down 14C at nigh with 15km wind

Lot of bouts before then but wih US TV coverage expect those times are pretty much locked,
(despite US belly aching there is a clash with a big College football game).

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:41 am

the weigh ins were pretty interesting imo, especially given that they don't have any direct bearing on the action for HW's.

ruiz balooning to over 20st i almost don't believe really, i noticed he kept his kit on, i wouldn't be too shocked if he had something heavy in his pockets, some kind of daft kidology. if he geniunely has got that big then i'd very seriously doubt his ability to go the distance.

anyway, after the weigh-ins i'd more or less convinced myself that joshua was a near-cert to win, in part i suppose because i with hindsight half believed the rumours about him having been concussed in the build-up to the last fight & it affecting him etc.

but then i saw the joshua interiew & he to me seemed, well, kinda scared, i dunno.

reckon on balance it's too close to call.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:27 pm

AJ looking a lot more like a boxer
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening or sexually-orientated material. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned.
Hmmm.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:41 pm

Ponte wrote:AJ looking a lot more like a boxer

i think he's done great so far. not playing to his own strengths maybe but certainly playing an awful long way from those of ruiz.

really poor imo that ruiz has come in so fat. he's still dangerous of course but he's not giving himself the best chance of winning.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:42 pm

his left eye definitely doens't look great.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:43 pm

Ruiz trying to catch him behind the ear but impressed by AJ so far.
Hmmm.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:59 pm

really good discipline in the 9th.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:12 pm

Great technical boxing. Well done AJ.
Hmmm.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:16 pm

Sensible from Joshua.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:18 pm

the flying pig wrote:
Ponte wrote:AJ looking a lot more like a boxer

i think he's done great so far. not playing to his own strengths maybe but certainly playing an awful long way from those of ruiz.

really poor imo that ruiz has come in so fat. he's still dangerous of course but he's not giving himself the best chance of winning.

Reports of him not training and missing sparring sessions.

To be fair he's come from nothing and even before the riches from these two fights lacked discipline.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:25 pm

Wasn't much of a fight.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:36 pm

dirty leeds wrote:Wasn't much of a fight.

Who started it?
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:50 pm

No fucker. That's the problem. Joshua just played it sensible and used his physical advantages. Pleased he won but... meh.

Return to “The Square Ball”