Let’s get to the heckingbottom of this v Leeds CK

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Trumper

Let’s get to the heckingbottom of this v Leeds CK

Postby Trumper » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:21 pm

We start these too late.

Anyway up against two strikers so a back three possibly and all four CBs available for the first time. Llorente is class, as was Koch until injured. Struijk a revelation and Cooper’s captain. Tough choice

welshwhite

Re: Let’s get to the heckingbottom of this v Leeds CK

Postby welshwhite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:28 pm

Bielsa said in his presser that Pablo and Rodrigo are available for this one.

I'm just hoping Heckers is unable to motivate them for this.
I'd love to see Pablo play a few more times before the season ends, even if it's for a few second half 30 minute displays.

An in-form duo of Pablo and Rapha together would be a thing of beauty.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 pm

Llorente and Struijk to continue, with Koch/Coops on bench. Think it can be decided on who is actually the match-fittest at this stage, as well as maintenance of the recent plan.
Sheff U have looked devoid of real fight since Wilder went - and that was all they had - so let's hope Hecky's words of encouragement fall on deaf ears, we get an early goal and they collapse. That would be fun. Can't see them making a go of it beyond us taking the lead. And they have a lot of injuries.
Unless they somehow sneak ahead from a set-piece and try to hang onto it, they don't have a fucking hope.
There, I said it.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:37 pm

Bit late innit
Member of a clique

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:00 pm

Don't care who we are playing - it seems like years since we've been able to watch a footballing team. The only downside is that I'm really looking forward to the game, not because I expect us to murder the Blunts but mainly due to the recent lack of entertainment. Unfortunately the last game Ii was really looking forward to was the home fixture against Brighton, as I did expect us to rip them apart and it ended, well, badly.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:48 pm

3pm saturday kick off for the first time in ages.

sheff utd at easter. it's properly traditional this. let's have another 4-0 please.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:32 pm

Quiffy wrote:3pm saturday kick off for the first time in ages.

sheff utd at easter. it's properly traditional this. let's have another 4-0 please.

And on the shittiest platform possible.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:34 pm

I’ve see this reverence to the 3pm kick off elsewhere previously. Surely it’s just muscle memory in this intra-Covid world
Keep Fighting

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:49 pm

MightyWhite wrote:I’ve see this reverence to the 3pm kick off elsewhere previously. Surely it’s just muscle memory in this intra-Covid world

How very dare you!
Member of a clique

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:54 pm

Weeeeeeell makes no odds when it’s played when no cunt can go. Give me all the 8pm Saturday kick offs, when the kids are in bed and I’m already well oiled :cheers:
Keep Fighting

LSD&2Es

Postby LSD&2Es » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:01 pm

One of mine has an impromptu friendly match tomorrow and I've been drafted in as assistant manager, fucking 16:00 kick off!
They normally play on Sundays ffs!!
Hoping Bezos has a watch on demand after the game feature
The Chief: "trust me, you can't have too many years with a club like Leeds."

Wakefield White

Postby Wakefield White » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:20 pm

LSD&2Es wrote:One of mine has an impromptu friendly match tomorrow and I've been drafted in as assistant manager, fucking 16:00 kick off!

Our previous games on Amazon are still there, so I think you’ll be right.
Fuck you Rod Liddle, fuck you in your cunting fuckface you fucking third division cunt!
(courtesy of Ponte)

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:23 pm

MightyWhite wrote:Weeeeeeell makes no odds when it’s played when no cunt can go. Give me all the 8pm Saturday kick offs, when the kids are in bed and I’m already well oiled :cheers:

In these dark, benighted times I need to cling on to the distant glimmer of any semblance of normality.
Member of a clique

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:46 am

LSD&2Es wrote:One of mine has an impromptu friendly match tomorrow and I've been drafted in as assistant manager, fucking 16:00 kick off!

My son is playing today at 3.45pm at a venue that is 30 mins away from our house. I have drafted in the wife on the basis this is a huge match which I simply have to watch. She doesn't really like football thank God!

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:05 am

This is just the type of game Leeds lose.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:29 am

AndyPaul wrote:This is just the type of game Leeds lose.

Yup. And then go on to beat City Liverpool and scum.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:32 am

MightyWhite wrote:I’ve see this reverence to the 3pm kick off elsewhere previously. Surely it’s just muscle memory in this intra-Covid world

it's about the saturday routines that make saturdays special. bloody junior football has started up again today so there's been a small change this morning, but dinner is random special sausages from the local butcher, eggs, beans, toast and mushrooms. then sit down and work out an accumulator for the afternoon, then go for a walk to the local M&S to get tea in, with a potter past pascal's house to hopefully catch the big man walking his dog (not today), then home. get the team news, maybe share some thoughts on here, rearrange the seats to get as many round the telly as possible, open the beer and crisps and off we go. to have a leeds match at the end of this at 3pm is just the cherry on the cake.
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:48 am

Quiffy wrote: random special sausages from the local butcher

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:11 am

:mrgreen: My first thought, too.
"Football is not so important that we can't have tolerance of incorrect evaluations."

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:15 am

Quiffy wrote:

it's about the saturday routines that make saturdays special. bloody junior football has started up again today so there's been a small change this morning, but dinner is random special sausages from the local butcher, eggs, beans, toast and mushrooms. then sit down and work out an accumulator for the afternoon, then go for a walk to the local M&S to get tea in, with a potter past pascal's house to hopefully catch the big man walking his dog (not today), then home. get the team news, maybe share some thoughts on here, rearrange the seats to get as many round the telly as possible, open the beer and crisps and off we go. to have a leeds match at the end of this at 3pm is just the cherry on the cake.

It's Saturday, sometime in the late 60s.
In those days factories worked on Saturday morning and our dad knocked off at half twelve. He got paid Friday so he still had a few bob to call his own.
Me mam would pack me off on the 74 bus with a few sarnies for me dad who met me off the bus just off City Square.
Sometimes the sandwiches were corned beef and he'd give em to me. "Don't tell yer mam."
Then we'd walk down Boar Lane, it were generally pissing down and we'd turn right just before the Corn Exchange into a courtyard with a pub called The Whip.
There was a small room where the landlord would let a few kids have a couple of packets of crisps that had little blue packets of salt in them and a big bottle of lemonade if we were quiet.
The place was blue with cigarette smoke.
People swore. People swore a lot.
About 2 o'clock we would all pile out and walk down to the bus stop for the special to Elland Road.
Lowfields was our spot. At the turnstile he would slip the bloke a tanner and lift me over the turnstile.
Up the hill behind the stand. The adults went up towards the back and us kids down the front almost on the pitch.
The place was heaving. 45 -50000 souls. The crowd swayed back and forward according to how the game was going. If we scored you would end up ten yards away from where you started.
After the match we met up outside the Old Peacock OBJ Oh be joyful.
Bus back to town and pick up the green paper in City Square.
Ink still wet.
How the hell did they get it out on the street so fast ?
Home on the 74 bus.
Fish and chips for tea.

Child abuse it were.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Return to “The Square Ball”