Page 11 of 14

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:09 am
by AndyPaul
1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 am
by MightyWhite
Feels like we need to win the next two. Brentford have Wigan & Charlton at home, would be a pleasant surprise if they dropped any points from those

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:41 am
by Ponte
AndyPaul wrote:1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!

Form in last 3 games. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. 4 points. Keep that going and we’re fucked.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:48 am
by welshwhite
AndyPaul wrote:1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!


I do enjoy a good rallying call, A. I'm starting to feel a tad nervy though.
I don't like the fact that teams are now starting to score against us with so few chances.
It almost seems like every shot is going in against us, cunts are producing unstoppable worldies from nowhere.

I hope to fuck that Cooper is ok, how could we let ourselves be so short of centre backs and strikers?
Suppose we'll have to use a fullback to cover for a proven centre back again if he's out :shake1:

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 6:57 am
by dirty leeds
Or... played three of the remaining 9 matches, still at least the same point ahead of WBA [maybe more after tonight], gap to third only narrowed by one point to six, playing reasonably well, creating plenty of chances. Wouldn't we have taken that as a position after three games?

And, yes, I can see the coin's other side, thanks. Several of you keep droning on about it. :D

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:01 am
by welshwhite
dirty leeds wrote:Or... played three of the remaining 9 matches, still at least the same point ahead of WBA [maybe more after tonight], gap to third only narrowed by one point to six, playing reasonably well, creating plenty of chances. Wouldn't we have taken that as a position after three games?

And, yes, I can see the coin's other side, thanks. Several of you keep droning on about it. :D


You could always use Brentford as a yardstick instead of WBA :thumbl:

Some of us droners have noticed they've taken 9 points out of 9 and show no sign of easin up :cheers:
Whereas we've dropped 5 points out of 9.
Brentford 6 points behind us with 10 goals better ratio than us, so in the real world they're just 5 points behind.
It's a facts based game.

"There are no American or coalition Tanks in Baghdad, we are winning this war".

Must dash.
:basket:

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:22 am
by AndyPaul
Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!

Form in last 3 games. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. 4 points. Keep that going and we’re fucked.


So on that form we'll get another 8 points meaning Brentford still need to win 5 out of 6 to overhaul us

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:25 am
by Professor Weeto
We’re just trying to keep it interesting. Looking forward to cheering on Garry’s Group tonight.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:29 am
by Ponte
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!

Form in last 3 games. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. 4 points. Keep that going and we’re fucked.


So on that form we'll get another 8 points meaning Brentford still need to win 5 out of 6 to overhaul us

Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:33 am
by rss1969
Wigan at home is looking like the banana skin favour we will need. Charlton have taken 7 points and kept 3 clean sheets in the process, so the next 2 games are not as easy for Brentford as they first look.

We are not going to take promotion by the scruff of the neck, not with soft twat up front. We are going to need some results to go our way below us......which in all honesty has happened all season.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 am
by dirty leeds
welshwhite wrote:
dirty leeds wrote:Or... played three of the remaining 9 matches, still at least the same point ahead of WBA [maybe more after tonight], gap to third only narrowed by one point to six, playing reasonably well, creating plenty of chances. Wouldn't we have taken that as a position after three games?

And, yes, I can see the coin's other side, thanks. Several of you keep droning on about it. :D


You could always use Brentford as a yardstick instead of WBA :thumbl:

Some of us droners have noticed they've taken 9 points out of 9 and show no sign of easin up :cheers:
Whereas we've dropped 5 points out of 9.
Brentford 6 points behind us with 10 goals better ratio than us, so in the real world they're just 5 points behind.
It's a facts based game.

"There are no American or coalition Tanks in Baghdad, we are winning this war".

Must dash.
:basket:


Most amusing. See above in bold.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:37 am
by welshwhite
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!

Form in last 3 games. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. 4 points. Keep that going and we’re fucked.


So on that form we'll get another 8 points meaning Brentford still need to win 5 out of 6 to overhaul us


Have you factored in their goal difference in that estimate? They are plus 10 to us.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:38 am
by Phil LUFC
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:1 point closer to promotion. We lost to Wigan in similar circumstances last season. Shame we didn't win but we're doing ok.

Our form in last 8 games. Won 6, drawn 1, lost 1. Let's keep that going.

We're going up you miserable bastards!!!!!

Form in last 3 games. Won 1, drawn 1, lost 1. 4 points. Keep that going and we’re fucked.


So on that form we'll get another 8 points meaning Brentford still need to win 5 out of 6 to overhaul us

If we lose to Blackburn there's a good chance we'll be 3rd by the time we kick off against Stoke.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:40 am
by AndyPaul
Ponte wrote:Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.


So you'll happily discount our form and results but are fine with Brentfords. Sure Brentford are good at the moment but the points in the bag we have are huge at the moment. I appreciate we tend to capitulate often at end of the season but against Cardiff and Luton we didn't play bad. Its not like we're playing shite.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:45 am
by Ponte
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.


So you'll happily discount our form and results but are fine with Brentfords. Sure Brentford are good at the moment but the points in the bag we have are huge at the moment. I appreciate we tend to capitulate often at end of the season but against Cardiff and Luton we didn't play bad. Its not like we're playing shite.

Discounting our form? I'm doing the opposite. The form since restart is 9 points from 9 for Brentford vs 4 points from 9 for us.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:49 am
by AndyPaul
Ponte wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.


So you'll happily discount our form and results but are fine with Brentfords. Sure Brentford are good at the moment but the points in the bag we have are huge at the moment. I appreciate we tend to capitulate often at end of the season but against Cardiff and Luton we didn't play bad. Its not like we're playing shite.

Discounting our form? I'm doing the opposite. The form since restart is 9 points from 9 for Brentford vs 4 points from 9 for us.


How about over 8 games? Depends the way you look at it. Over one game? What I'm saying, any way you look at it were playing ok and our form whether its 8 games or 3 should see us up. Obviously so should Brentfords I get that but can they really win like 9 out of 10 games or whatever?

Its probably all irrelevant anyway if west brom continue capitulate :lol:

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:55 am
by welshwhite
AndyPaul wrote:
Ponte wrote:Meaning they need to be in slightly worse form than they currently are.


So you'll happily discount our form and results but are fine with Brentfords. Sure Brentford are good at the moment but the points in the bag we have are huge at the moment. I appreciate we tend to capitulate often at end of the season but against Cardiff and Luton we didn't play bad. Its not like we're playing shite.


Zero points for playing well, it's been like that since league tables started.
I'm not trying to be a twat, it's just fact :thumbl:

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:05 am
by dirty leeds
welshwhite wrote:Zero points for playing well, it's been like that since league tables started.
I'm not trying to be a twat, it's just fact :thumbl:


Not really true. In general, it's the opposite: unless you play well you usually don't score goals or win points.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:12 am
by welshwhite
dirty leeds wrote:
welshwhite wrote:Zero points for playing well, it's been like that since league tables started.
I'm not trying to be a twat, it's just fact :thumbl:


unless you play well you usually don't score goals or win points.


Tell that to Cardiff and Luton.

And another fucking thing while I'm have a crisis rant this morning, when we win a corner we need one of our players to tell the ref we had the last touch and give the oppo a goal kick, just to save a little time, like.

Re: Boring Luton Cyberkop title.

Posted: Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:20 am
by dirty leeds
Tommy wrote:Interesting, I didn't think so. I'll concede that he should have made a tackle on their lad who scored but I wouldn't have thought he had that finish in his locker either so can't blame him. If he'd chopped him we'd likely say that was wrong too. I think with Berardi still on the pitch we might not have conceded that. A bit of hubris to take him off at that point to be honest.

Overall that was the third match in a row that went basically how I'd assumed it would beforehand. I can't shake the creeping feeling that our ceiling under Bielsa is third. We're supposedly this formidable attacking side but every player is light at least half as many goals as they have scored thus far. It's not just Bamford, it's all of them. A lot of that is admittedly because of how teams set up against us but isn't it our responsibility to find another gear or a way through? I really do feel like we need West Brom to absolutely shit the bed because I think Brentford are going to win most of their remaining matches, if not all. Nobody seems to sit back against them and it doesn't matter if they do because they have three forwards on fine goalscoring form and we don't even have one.


I mean, I do expect The Glums from you at any time, T, but a lot of the above is just odd.

Re Ben White and their goal: "... if he'd have chopped him..' He didn't have to tackle him at all. What he got slightly wrong was not being close enough to him. He left him a gap to shoot and the lad pulled off a great finish. Why assume the alternative was to "chop" him? It wasn't. Just be slightly tighter, that's all. Granted, the finish was top drawer, but that's what we'll have to deal with next season, so Ben [should we sign him] needs to learn. Perhaps he has.

We took Berardi off because Bielsa [one assumes] wanted to leave both Bamford and Roberts on when Pablo was out there too. With that personnel we absolutely hammered Luton but missed two golden chances. It almost worked.

You say, "we need West Brom to absolutely shit the bed" - Well, it's an expression, so who really knows what 'shit the bed' means, but adding in 'absolutely' does make it sound like 'fuck it up entirely' or some such. But they don't really have to do that. They haven't won for four games. They just need to continue as they are. They haven't looked as good as us so far.