It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Vampire

Re: It's the End of The World as we know it - and its all THEIR fault!!

Postby Vampire » Thu May 28, 2020 11:48 am

Bobbycollins wrote:
OWETB wrote:
I don't think you or the others realise just how aggressive your posts look - pretty off putting for someone to join in when they're not already in the community. Then when someone has the audacity to comment on the posts, you then get musta, devi, dirty and you piling in

As I recall you asked whether I was "that fucking thick and gullible" .........Perhaps we could all try exchanging robust opinions without the need for aggression and abuse.

I’m not usually one to get involved in Board internecine warfare, but I don’t think B@stard was referring to the odd robust “fuck off” one on one. He is obviously big enough to speak for himself, but I think he was calling out pack bullying.

It’s not just the 70 or so lurkers who don’t post. And let’s face it, 60 of those are probably aliases of Rhys. For mine, it’s more about good ballers who’ve been driven away over the years by Walt, Oaf and their acolytes.

There’s been plenty of examples - the latest seems to be Tycipa. He didn’t always see eye to eye with me - and nothing wrong with that if you believe in free speech and tolerance. But he’s a decent baller - almost 6000 posts over 8 years - insights on a number of topics not least Leeds.

Now, driven away by bullying. Walt even made a snide reference to his cancer diagnosis and tried to use that to belittle him:

Blackwhite wrote:Secondly, if as it seems you're getting pretty upset with people for making political comment (you requested that this was made absent and were apparently roundly outvoted), so maybe this thread in general is not a good thing for you to be reading, especially given your diagnosis? Finally, your diagnosis does not give you the right to repeatedly be a snide cunt at me without eventual reply.

So much for our resident cancer champion (if you’re gullible enough to believe such an obvious flexing bullshitter). And not the first time he’s done it either - even bringing family and kids into his warped and odious hatred:

Blackwhite wrote:The Australian death toll (from Fukushima) will likely be horrendous too. Sweat dreams!.....Given the 15 year delay in peak cancer incidence after Chernobyl, I'd expect your kids to be among the adolescent cohort leading the charge to the top of the cancer medals table, wouldn't you Vamps?

So, BC, great you call for less abuse. But funny how (and not just you) such appeals always seem to be made following a post by someone standing up to the bullies - yet never in response to posts by the bullies themselves. Double standards? Or you afraid of them too?

If the latter - no need - if you stand up to them they run a mile like the cowards they are, and hide behind the cowardly “on ignore” function.
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Ontolly

Postby Ontolly » Thu May 28, 2020 12:05 pm

Vampire wrote:
Didn’t old Boxer end up in the knackers’ yard? Can’t imagine the lovely Linda ending up there?

Keep up - Linda was designated Boxer sucker not Boxer.
The only thing we knew for sure about Henry Porter was that his name wasn't Henry Porter.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 28, 2020 2:32 pm

going back to a post ages ago, where it said there are two things that determine the spread of the virus;
1. how dense the population was and...
2. how dense the population was.

a little digging of the top 10 worst hit areas by local authority are;
1st. sunderland
2nd. gateshead
3rd. south tyneside
4th. middlesbrough
5th. oldham
6th. blackpool
7th. brent
8th. knowsley
9th. cumbria
10th sheffield

when compared to population density by local authority brent is the highest in this list (14th) in density, all of the top 20 are in London. ergo brent is the thickest authority in london. but that's only London, where the picture is far better than in the north.

others with pathetic excuses in terms of population density are blackpool (42nd) middlesborough (72nd), south tyneside (82nd), sunderland (93rd), knowsley 99th, oldham 101st, sheffield (107th), gateshead (116th).

sunderland and gateshead. what can you say? thick cunts just doesn't cut the mustard.

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/#category=utlas&map=rate
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_English_districts_by_population_density
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Thu May 28, 2020 2:33 pm

I received an email at 15.08 today from the Dept of Health & Social Care to inform me about the result of my randomly sampled Covid test. Negative as I expected. It took 16 days from collection of the swab to receive the test results, as compared with 2-3 days per the booklet that came with the test kit. I hope they raise their game for people with Covid symptoms under the Track & Trace process.

Quiffy

Postby Quiffy » Thu May 28, 2020 2:37 pm

Bobbycollins wrote:I received an email at 15.08 today from the Dept of Health & Social Care to inform me about the result of my randomly sampled Covid test. Negative as I expected. It took 16 days from collection of the swab to receive the test results, as compared with 2-3 days per the booklet that came with the test kit. I hope they raise their game for people with Covid symptoms under the Track & Trace process.

not surprised, it took over 3 weeks for the promised letter saying who we should be shielding to arrive and for some obvious cases it hadn't arrived by last week. that was a fairly pointless farce in the end.

not sure i heard this right, but yesterday boris seemed to say that the track and trace would be triggered only if you had spent 15 minutes in proximity with a spreader. :scratch: :shake1:
increasing doubt, decreasing hope, even my imaginary friend went and changed his mind.

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu May 28, 2020 4:41 pm

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 5:52 pm

You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Devi

Postby Devi » Thu May 28, 2020 5:56 pm

I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 6:04 pm

And yet #cumgate was fine :scratch:

Anyway.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 6:10 pm

:mrgreen:

Dreams is a hell of a creation tool

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 7:59 pm

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:30 pm

Andymac

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 9:41 pm

I missed the cabaret today, sounds like the same old song

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri May 29, 2020 10:33 am

I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 11:22 am

God, that's devastating.

Thanks, I think.

Said it before and I'll say it again. If you think clapping is what these folks need you're not paying attention. He tells you, in there, what they need.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Fri May 29, 2020 11:25 am

Blackwhite wrote:Said it before and I'll say it again.

Does that mean you’re finally starting to learn the art of self deprecation?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri May 29, 2020 12:38 pm

Professor Weeto wrote:Don't panic.

Convince me these are not the End Times, go on.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri May 29, 2020 1:47 pm

It's the circle of life, lads. Monkey to bat to pangolin, to human, to monkey, WHO SCORES! SCENES!

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri May 29, 2020 2:23 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Professor Weeto wrote:Don't panic.

Convince me these are not the End Times, go on.

Sorry, can’t.

I like it. What is it?

Return to “The Square Ball”