It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
the flying pig

Re: It's the End of The World as we know it - and its all THEIR fault!!

Postby the flying pig » Wed May 27, 2020 5:51 pm

Depends on what he means by "virtually back to normal" - if this includes packed pubs and trains etc then I struggle to agree with him, though I'd like to be wrong.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Wed May 27, 2020 6:02 pm

the flying pig wrote:

Depends on what he means by "virtually back to normal" - if this includes packed pubs and trains etc then I struggle to agree with him, though I'd like to be wrong.

Yeah, although looking at the emails I'm getting at the moment, some of the musicians and artists I'm in touch with - and their PRs - are announcing plans to start releasing music again from July and lining up tours from September/October. Of course, there are those who have put their dates back an entire year - e.g. Gregory Porter, who had shows this spring has rescheduled for same time next year. Today, though, I had news of Roachford's album followed by a string of shows in Sept. so they're clearly shifting towards something.
We put the print mag on hold for April/May/June issues - went online - but we are back in store from July. There are sufficient new releases including enough supporting us with ads to make it work. Can't say if that'll continue into August yet, so we'll continue to play it by ear.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 27, 2020 6:03 pm

Some context for my tedious posts. Well, on this thread anyway.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Wed May 27, 2020 6:04 pm

OWETB wrote:
I don't think you or the others realise just how aggressive your posts look - pretty off putting for someone to join in when they're not already in the community. Then when someone has the audacity to comment on the posts, you then get musta, devi, dirty and you piling in

As I recall you asked whether I was "that fucking thick and gullible" for daring to suggest a few weeks ago that Johnson was applying one set of rules for himself and another for the rest of the country - a comment echoed the same day by the former Cabinet Secretary Gus O'Donnell. Perhaps we could all try exchanging robust opinions without the need for aggression and abuse.

jackos

Postby jackos » Wed May 27, 2020 6:19 pm

While EU experts are saying folks on the continent can probably expert further lockdown's in the autumn if ee don't have a vaccine, "because it's the only way to prevent another outbreak".

Experts in Sweden were asked when over 70ies might be able to start living normally again, and replied that they couldn't answer that. Only when we had antibody tests and proof antibodies gave immunity, or when we had a vaccine. The ban on public gathering of over 50 people is going to be extended indefinitely. So no live football for a while yet.

I guess things my be normalish for a few weeks in Jul/Aug, at least for folks under 70, but I think we'll have to suffer m abnormality for a long time yet.

Devi

Postby Devi » Wed May 27, 2020 6:28 pm

My dad (78) just had the call from the NHS making it doubly sure he'd be staying shielded for another 4 weeks yet, possibly longer.

The tragedy is that in speaking to him, I have a feeling he's given up any idea of seeing his grandkids again, at least not in any worthwhile fashion, and certainly not to be able to actually hug them.

Fuck Covid.
I like it. What is it?

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 27, 2020 6:35 pm

Devi wrote:My dad (78) just had the call from the NHS making it doubly sure he'd be staying shielded for another 4 weeks yet, possibly longer.

The tragedy is that in speaking to him, I have a feeling he's given up any idea of seeing his grandkids again, at least not in any worthwhile fashion, and certainly not to be able to actually hug them.

Fuck Covid.

I was talking to the wife last night during an item showing folks with those plastic hug glovecurtains, for want of a better term.

Where can I buy these, or can I contribute for somebody like yer da to have one?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 27, 2020 7:16 pm

Phatphil65

Postby Phatphil65 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:06 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
OWETB wrote:'you lot' 'your side'

:mrgreen:

Silly cunt.

Obviously missed the quotation marks around "your side ".
Never mind.
Of course they are not on anybody's side except their own. Surely you must now accept that as demonstrably true.
They don't give a fuck about anyone or anything except themselves, not even the health of the population.
They will say and do anything, anything at all.
As a fairly senior H&S bloke I'm stunned you aren't sticking it to the bastards with every waking breath.
What would you advise one of your drivers to do if he complained of impaired vision?
Tell you wot, mate, just take it for a spin for an hour or so, see how you feel.
This is the biggest H&S crisis in peacetime. People have died in their thousands unnecessarily as a direct result of their hubris.

By "you lot " I refer to those who try to find anything that will distract from the incredible shambolic government that is afflicting you, and to be perfectly honest, you've been doing it a bit recently, and I have to admit I am surprised.
Distraction and false equivalence are two of the main weapons, when they are not telling outright lies, and you've deployed both.
You're not the only one of course.

And I'm the silly cunt.

Couldn't agree more.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Wed May 27, 2020 9:22 pm

This is an extremely dumb way to report this.

This is as posted up there by folks, the high rate of false negatives from swabs and some home tests.
We should all act like we're infected. Act that way as much as possible and your infection risk plummets.

jackos

Postby jackos » Thu May 28, 2020 7:01 am

Blackwhite wrote:
We should all act like we're infected. Act that way as much as possible and your infection risk plummets.

According to UK rules that would mean you would all have to self isolate for 14 days forever [or at least until we have a vaccine]...

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Thu May 28, 2020 7:18 am

jackos wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

According to UK rules that would mean you would all have to self isolate for 14 days forever [or at least until we have a vaccine]...

Unless you're eyesight is a bit dodgy, or it's the wife's birthday...
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 7:39 am

I meant wear masks, keep distance etc, sarky fecker :P

Tired and hungover ... Has he quit yet?

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Thu May 28, 2020 7:43 am

Devi wrote:My dad (78) just had the call from the NHS making it doubly sure he'd be staying shielded for another 4 weeks yet, possibly longer.

Fuck Covid.

Had a conversation with my 70-year-old Dad yesterday. I had planned to visit him (he lives in North Carolina, I live in the Midwest) back in late March, but that was at the height at the crisis, so it was out of the question.

I'm on vacation again in June, restrictions have been eased here and there, and I figured I'd run it up the flagpole to see if a visit in lane June would work, knowing full-well it might not. I wondered whether I should even broach the topic. However, I didn't want to assume he'd have reservations, so I went ahead and asked.

He didn't say no, but he expressed major concerns given his age and that of his wife. I told him I completely understood if his reservations would not allow for a visit yet.

Still, that was a hard conversation. Normally, my Dad would not hesitate one second about such a visit. He drove here in February on short notice to attend my mother-in-law's funeral just before the crisis amped up.

It's the first time I've ever sensed fear in him ... and that's a pretty terrible feeling as a son.

So, yeah, Fuck Covid hard.
The artist formerly known as Terre Harte I. Occasionally posts Nolans videos.

Something-something here about Massimo Cellino, beer and refrigerators.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 8:56 am

Ontolly

It's the End of The World as we know it - and its all THEIR fault!!

Postby Ontolly » Thu May 28, 2020 11:01 am

You’ve got to laugh

Professor Weeto

Postby Professor Weeto » Thu May 28, 2020 11:05 am

Ontolly wrote:You’ve got to laugh

Saw a tweet saying Hancock did that interview after sniffing a load of poppers and it's all I can think about when I watch it now.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu May 28, 2020 11:32 am

welshwhite wrote:
Ontolly wrote:
AmarinderBedi wrote:I would thoroughly recommend “Animal Farm” to those “learned Gentlemen”! :roll:

Johnson as Napoleon Cummings as Squealer?
I'm thinking Gove as Napoleon maybe Johnson is Snowball?

Either way they're a set of cunts.

And maybe Linda as the woman in the sunglasses sucking off the Horse?

Didn’t old Boxer end up in the knackers’ yard? Can’t imagine the lovely Linda ending up there?
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu May 28, 2020 11:34 am

Quiffy wrote:'.....and it's all their fault'. this whole thing makes me wonder why and how bojo et al are in charge of this country, they're really not the people you want making decisions at this time, and i include labour politicians in this, politicians generally shouldn't be steering the ship when there's a medical emergency. which got me wondering, should they be running the country at any time? probably not, there'd be better people.

but politicians are accountable? are they? the democratic system of first past the post is shite, my vote is wasted every time and i normally vote for one of the two main parties (what choice is that, what will of the people?). how the fuck has bojo got to the top? because he's the antithesis of theresa may personality wise, so it was just an accident of sorts. it got me thinking about my local mp who has actually come out against cummings, a bold change for a bland tory, obviously dominic doesn't rate our julian, who now sees his career stalling at local mp and is getting frustrated. but why did he become an mp? to help the people? i doubt it, probably just for the social status so he doesn't have to worry about my stupid opinions as he's more important.

not deep thinking, but that's what occurs when me and the wife go for a walk.

Think I’m vibing it why getting teachers back in the classroom seems so controversial in the UK.

:mrgreen:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 28, 2020 11:38 am

I'm in shock.

Return to “The Square Ball”