It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Bnimble

Re: It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Postby Bnimble » Sat Dec 11, 2021 5:41 pm

Plan B / Plan C wtf ! We all know there are no plans. Policy on the hoof ! The Clown has never made a plan in his life!

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:10 pm

Bnimble wrote:Plan B / Plan C wtf ! We all know there are no plans. Policy on the hoof ! The Clown has never made a plan in his life!

Call it plan whatever the fuck he wants. Its really apparent less and less people are listening now.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:22 pm

AndyPaul wrote:
Bnimble wrote:Plan B / Plan C wtf ! We all know there are no plans. Policy on the hoof ! The Clown has never made a plan in his life!

Call it plan whatever the fuck he wants. Its really apparent less and less people are listening now.

Why would anyone listen?
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Poshwhite

Postby Poshwhite » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:27 pm

AndyPaul wrote:

Was dragged into Kingston (on Thames, not Hull) shopping this afternoon. It was packed obviously. Spotted one mask free fella, 2 women without masks having make up applied in a department store, one chin warmer and one person with a 5cm high visor. Overall level of mask wearing was really high.

Still Hates Gordon Watson

It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:36 am

Poshwhite wrote:
AndyPaul wrote:

Was dragged into Kingston (on Thames, not Hull) shopping this afternoon.

Never did anyone quite live up to their username quite so much. Well, apart from when Welsh is making up his history of life in the valleys.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:12 am

Seems like it really is getting easy to get a booster whatever the govt advice. r/getjabbed for your nearest option even if under 40.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 12, 2021 12:02 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:
That is sad. I wonder what medication she was on? My Mum takes a number of meds, plus she's a diabetic, but thankfully she's been fine. Touch wood.

Story here

She:
had rheumatoid arthritis, an underactive thyroid and diabetes
Member of a clique

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:43 pm

I had my booster on Thursday afternoon. Pfizer after 2 shots of AZ. I felt a bit shit after the 1st AZ and felt fine after the 2nd. Pfizer knocked me sideways for 48 hours. I spent Friday in bed sleeping and Saturday wasn't the most productive day ever. Today is 1st day I have felt fine.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sun Dec 12, 2021 5:14 pm

Dare I ask how folk are planning to manage Xmas?

We've got all there kids coming back from various corners, if only fairly briefly, and the MIL is coming down and stopping in a hotel round the corner for a few days.

MIL is losing the plot lately, we feel certain that lockdown has accelerated her dementia / senility, call it what you will and she's desperate to get away. We haven't really talked about what happens if anyone gets a positive test just before they're due to head this way but we've pretty much decided to plan for the best case and handle the worst as it happens.
Member of a clique

Matt White

Postby Matt White » Sun Dec 12, 2021 6:07 pm

Due to a series of events quite possibly entirely within my control I had my PB booster only 3 weeks after contracting Covid (2 AZ before). For 72 hours or so it felt like I had it all over again.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:28 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:Dare I ask how folk are planning to manage Xmas?

We've got all there kids coming back from various corners, if only fairly briefly, and the MIL is coming down and stopping in a hotel round the corner for a few days.

MIL is losing the plot lately, we feel certain that lockdown has accelerated her dementia / senility, call it what you will and she's desperate to get away. We haven't really talked about what happens if anyone gets a positive test just before they're due to head this way but we've pretty much decided to plan for the best case and handle the worst as it happens.

Daughter is coming back from Liverpool on Thursday, she’s been taking daily tests over the last week. We are booked to go out for Christmas dinner, just us five and the MIL as my mother is with my sister this year. We are bobbing up to my mother’s late afternoon as they are out for dinner after us.
To be honest not much thought is going into ‘managing it’ really but should we go into lockdown, the dinner may be cancelled but I’ll still be seeing my mother. They can shove ‘don’t mix’ up their party holding arses.

Devi

Postby Devi » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:38 pm

Currently us four, my mum and her dad.

By the time we get to Dec 25, I fully expect it to be just us four.
I like it. What is it?

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:51 pm

Devi wrote:Currently us four, my mum and her dad.

By the time we get to Dec 25, I fully expect it to be just us four.

:shock:

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:53 pm

Driving to family a few days before Christmas, they're bubbling for the week or so before so we'll all be good. Sod what whatever the Christmas Party have to say for themselves.
You said there'd be a free bar...

Bnimble

Postby Bnimble » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:55 pm

FredFlintstone wrote:Driving to family a few days before Christmas, they're bubbling for the week or so before so we'll all be good. Sod what whatever the Christmas Party have to say for themselves.

Yep. Fuck what these hypocrites say. I’ll do what’s best for me and my family. I won’t be guided by these lying cunts !

Arnieb

Postby Arnieb » Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:37 pm

My parents will come over on Xmas day and probably stay over into boxing day. All 4 adults have had their boosters so we are vaxxed to the max as they say.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:32 pm

Yeah, current plan is us 4 + Dad for what will be the first Christmas without Mum so that's happening unless 1 household or the other has Covid at the time - he's only 10 minutes down the road. We offered a spot at the table to an old family friend who's been a rock for Dad (having lost her husband, Dad's best mate to cancer 2-3 years ago) as she cannot visit her daughter in Switzerland as planned on account of rule changes. She has declined the offer as she doesn't want to take any chances ahead of flying to Australia in January to see her other daughter - which is fair enough really but shit she'll now spend the full holiday period alone.

Matt White wrote:Due to a series of events quite possibly entirely within my control I had my PB booster only 3 weeks after contracting Covid (2 AZ before). For 72 hours or so it felt like I had it all over again.

I had flu about 2 weeks before my booster (I assume flu on account of a number of negative lateral flow test) but my booster symptoms were an exact match for my first 2 days of said flu so, y'know, I'm now thinking I've probably had covid this month.

welshwhite

Postby welshwhite » Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:02 am

Had a Moderna booster two weeks ago.
I'll be having cold meat and Pickles on Boxing day.
Whatever Covid rules are brought in I'll be addering to, it's not all about me, after all.
I'll be doing my best not to pass anything on to the dear old lady standing next to me in the Supermarket. Y'know, the terrified vunerable type that's had to come out from the safety of her house to buy some milk for herself and the Cat.

I fear that some will flaunt the rules as some sort of pointless two fingers up to Boris, bollocks. Not giving a fuck about the NHS.
Facebook is now rife with the daft cunts. This Covid has opened my eyes to people that I thought I knew as sensible, turns out some are real empty-heads.

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:01 am

Got a nice little Xmas day with the in laws planned. Mother in law hates anyone who is gay or not white. She also thinks covid is a hoax but is jabbed up so she's that much of a moron that she won't even back up her opinion by refusing the jab. Also with the racist thing. Her dad wasn't even white! Luckily she keeps all these opinions to herself around me.

I am wondering if she gets drunk enough to tell me that my son has Autism because of MMR. That'll be fun because she usually holds back because she knows that I will destroy her if she says anything stupid. Luckily my wife hates her too. We're just going to see a few other members of the family.

Merry Christmas!

AndyPaul

Postby AndyPaul » Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:53 am

An hour in a queue to book my booster and the website then crashes. I get to do it all over again at 1pm for Burnley tickets :cheers:

Return to “The Square Ball”