It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Re: It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:16 am

AndyPaul wrote:
eric olthwaite wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:They told us on the door that 820 people walked through on Saturday, 635 of them were getting their first dose. I guess Omicron is scaring a fair few anti vaxers.

Contrarily, I wonder how many have had the jabs and are saying they haven't, on the basis that the more you get stabbed, the safer you will be. I bet there's a few.

Someone told me the covid vaccination makes you infertile. I'll be having my 14th jab today at the local walk in :thumbl:

:mrgreen:
Member of a clique

Devi

Postby Devi » Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:22 pm

Never mind the spelling, feel the wrath:

https://nursemumnature.blog/2021/12/08/ ... -lied-too/
I like it. What is it?

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:15 pm

Booked up to the gills for a few days in Edinburgh with the kids from next weekend. Kind of feel at this stage the only thing worst than it all being cancelled would for it not to be cancelled. Masks, restrictions and crowd anxiety galore.
Keep Fighting

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 10, 2021 10:30 pm

I'm up for the Arse, and then on elsewhere, at least in principle :pale:
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:00 pm

Had the Moderna booster today. Arm is sore. Will see what side affects I have tomorrow. I had flu like symptoms & tiredness with the first jab (no symptoms on 2nd), so I'm expecting the same as the 1st jab. Stupid immune system.

Meanwhile, my Mum has had the 3 plus a flu jab and nothing!

So question. Anyone suffer any of the usual side affects after the booster? I'd look back on the thread, but can't be bothered.x
B-N-L

Still Hates Gordon Watson

It's the End of The Squareball As We Know It Coronavirus Thread

Postby Still Hates Gordon Watson » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:08 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:Had the Moderna booster today. Arm is sore. Will see what side affects I have tomorrow. I had flu like symptoms & tiredness with the first jab (no symptoms on 2nd), so I'm expecting the same as the 1st jab. Stupid immune system.

So question. Anyone suffer any of the usual side affects after the booster? I'd look back on the thread, but can't be bothered.x

I had the Moderna on Wednesday and had no side effects that day, then my arm got really sore overnight and I was really groggy and queasy yesterday. Woke up today feeling much better and pretty much right as rain. There were a few tales of booster woe on this thread a while back - Terre Harte for starters.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:35 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote: Stupid immune system.

Wash out your mouth. That thing's your best friend.

Those symptoms are a sign of it working. In others they might not have that. But it's a good to have.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:54 pm

Blackwhite wrote:I'm up for the Arse, and then on elsewhere, at least in principle :pale:

It’s all relative. Edinburgh with the family? Ooh err. Leeds on the last Saturday before Chrimbo? Stuff me in air tight to all the dive bars :cheers:
Keep Fighting

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:40 am

MightyWhite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:I'm up for the Arse, and then on elsewhere, at least in principle :pale:

It’s all relative. Edinburgh with the family? Ooh err. Leeds on the last Saturday before Chrimbo? Stuff me in air tight to all the dive bars :cheers:

Yes, that's the maths. Have spent at least thirty minutes asking folks I respect how long they think it takes for you to show positive on a LFT.

Ponte

Postby Ponte » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:04 am

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:Had the Moderna booster today. Arm is sore. Will see what side affects I have tomorrow. I had flu like symptoms & tiredness with the first jab (no symptoms on 2nd), so I'm expecting the same as the 1st jab. Stupid immune system.

I had the Moderna booster. Bit groggy that evening and hazy the next day but not too bad. Arm hurt like fuck.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:25 am

Projected numbers on this new variant bloody terrifying.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 11, 2021 8:45 am

Mustafaster wrote:Projected numbers on this new variant bloody terrifying.

So much is hinging on the severity now. I haven't seen numbers on that yet so am in the 'frankly hopeful' stage now.

If it's outcompeting Delta but it's less severe, it's still very worrying for the NHS but that's a Xmas gift compared to some of the other outcomes that are available.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:35 am

I had the Pfizer booster on Thursday evening. Sore arm by bedtime, pounding headache the next morning (and various other mild aches), chills by lunch, slept for 2hrs after work, still felt shit after that but too hot rather than shivering. Went to bed last night with headache.

Feel fine this morning except the sore arm - the only symptom I had from either AZ dose.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:46 am

Blackwhite wrote:

Those symptoms are a sign of it working. In others they might not have that. But it's a good to have.

The wife had a very rough couple of days. But then I read a piece in the Guardian about a double jabbed woman who died. She was immune compromised through meds - ie exactly like Mrs O - so I’m taking her bad reaction as a very positive thing.
Member of a clique

Bobbycollins

Postby Bobbycollins » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:08 am

I had the Moderna booster - nothing at all. That's the benefit of being senseless.

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:28 am

I had the Moderna booster a week ago. Arm felt like it was bruised around the injection spot for a couple of days but otherwise nothing.
You said there'd be a free bar...

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:39 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:I had the Moderna on Wednesday and had no side effects that day, then my arm got really sore overnight and I was really groggy and queasy yesterday. Woke up today feeling much better and pretty much right as rain. There were a few tales of booster woe on this thread a while back - Terre Harte for starters.

Ponte wrote:I had the Moderna booster. Bit groggy that evening and hazy the next day but not too bad. Arm hurt like fuck.

Phil LUFC wrote:I had the Pfizer booster on Thursday evening. Sore arm by bedtime, pounding headache the next morning (and various other mild aches), chills by lunch, slept for 2hrs after work, still felt shit after that but too hot rather than shivering. Went to bed last night with headache.

Feel fine this morning except the sore arm - the only symptom I had from either AZ dose.

Bobbycollins wrote:I had the Moderna booster - nothing at all. That's the benefit of being senseless.

FredFlintstone wrote:I had the Moderna booster a week ago. Arm felt like it was bruised around the injection spot for a couple of days but otherwise nothing.

Thanks all. I'm glad to report that my side affects are like Ponte's side affects.

Tired last night and arm really sore. Woke up this morning where I couldn't actually life my arm properly it's so sore. I have a bit of muscle ache & I'm really tired. Other than that I'm fine! Far cry from my first jab.

Think I might sleep whilst the match is on. Avoid the goal tally.
B-N-L

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:44 pm

Blackwhite wrote:

Aye I know that. Still.

I've not had a cold for almost 2 years (since the pandemic). I used to get a couple a year including a viral/chest infection. Obviously it now helps that I wear a mask and I don't work at the office with the lovely germ filled air conditioning.

I feel I should try and build that back up again.
B-N-L

BARE-NAKED-LADY

Postby BARE-NAKED-LADY » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:45 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:

The wife had a very rough couple of days. But then I read a piece in the Guardian about a double jabbed woman who died. She was immune compromised through meds - ie exactly like Mrs O - so I’m taking her bad reaction as a very positive thing.

That is sad. I wonder what medication she was on? My Mum takes a number of meds, plus she's a diabetic, but thankfully she's been fine. Touch wood.
B-N-L

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Sat Dec 11, 2021 3:03 pm

BARE-NAKED-LADY wrote:Aye I know that. Still.

I've not had a cold for almost 2 years (since the pandemic). I used to get a couple a year including a viral/chest infection. Obviously it now helps that I wear a mask and I don't work at the office with the lovely germ filled air conditioning.

I feel I should try and build that back up again.

I had one of them there viruses a number of years back, one of the fashionable ones all the cool kids were getting, and I got the impression it wiped my immune system and I had to catch everything again. It was weird and is just anecdotal, but you're on the money. Listen to your body and feed it what it needs, sleep, chocolate, fruit, whatever. Daily complete multivitamin is not a bad idea too while you build yourself back up.

Return to “The Square Ball”