Dead 2020 Rules and Chat Thread

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
eric olthwaite

Dead 2020 Rules and Chat Thread

Postby eric olthwaite » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:50 pm

Right. I'm revising this as the rules and bullshit thread. Minor mod to Rule 3 in the light of Portadown's (admittedly brilliant) pick.

1. Name THIRTEEN people on the other thread, not below.

2. In order for you to score, they have to be both famous and to die during 2020. Notice of death has to be published by one of the following UK-based sources: BBC; The Times (of London); The Guardian; The Financial Times; The Daily Telegraph; The Independent.

3. You may NOT pick anyone who has been sentenced to death. If you're lucky enough that one of your picks is sentenced to death after close of polling on Jan 1st, that's fine. Similarly, you may not pick anyone who has given notice of their intent to voluntarily euthanise themselves before Dec 31st. Regular suicide without notice still scores points.

4. Upon the death of the chosen individual, you score 120 minus the age of the celebrity at death.

5. You must nominate one of your celebs as your Joker. Death of your Joker scores you an extra 35 bonus points.

6. If any of your dead celebs are a unique pick - ie you have them and no-one else does - you get 35 bonus points.

7. 50 bonus points for murder, manslaughter, 'misadventure', suicide or expiry during a sexual act.

8. 50 bonus points for the first and last stiffs of the year - for each successful competitor, not dead celeb.

9. No more than five of your picks may have been recorded anywhere publicly as having cancer before Dec 31st 2019.

10. You may not pick anyone who would not be famous if they were not terminally ill.

Get your predictions up before midnight Dec 31st.
HM Collector Of Parcels

The Tin Man

Re: Dead 2020

Postby The Tin Man » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:56 pm

Is the pope a Catholic? As the world gets grimmer and grimmer - we need this ray of sunshine !
For every step,the footprint was already there.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:02 pm

Had some good ideas for next year

Forgotten them all
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Can someone link this years entry thread? I may as well just copy the selfish cunts over.

MightyWhite

Postby MightyWhite » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:05 pm

OWETB wrote:Can someone link this years entry thread? I may as well just copy the selfish cunts over.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=5610
Keep Fighting
@lufchris - contributes to your daily bullshit quota in easy 140 charactor installments

OWETB

Postby OWETB » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:13 pm

Cheers, looks like I picked some cunt that was already dead so not as simple as copying over. I'll have a gander and update the fucker life giving list.

Terre Harte II

Postby Terre Harte II » Thu Dec 19, 2019 6:27 pm

I’ve never done the dead pool because I think it’s bad juju. Plus, taking even small pleasure in someone’s death gives me the creeps.

But then I read that, and realize it comes off very school marmish, so I’m tempted ... :)
The artist formerly known as Terre Harte I. Occasionally posts Nolans videos.

Something-something here about Massimo Cellino, beer and refrigerators.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:09 pm

Terre Harte II wrote:I’ve never done the dead pool because I think it’s bad juju. Plus, taking even small pleasure in someone’s death gives me the creeps.

But then I read that, and realize it comes off very school marmish, so I’m tempted ... :)

:mrgreen: I entered once, didn't like it for similar reasons, haven't done since.

I have no problem putting it all in a spreadsheet though :scratch: .

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:00 pm

Yeah, I'm in. I'm going to wait to Portadown's list goes up though. I just hope he hasn't put any of us on his list.
Andymac

FredFlintstone

Postby FredFlintstone » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:21 pm

I'm in.

London_White

Postby London_White » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:53 pm

Roll my fuckers over please, maybe the scousers winning the title might drive several of them to the grave

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:11 pm

I think I actually have to pick one or two for a change.

Now, I wonder what fines I can rack up this year...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:50 pm

I saw someone on the tellybox who looked more than a bit grim the other day. Bugger me if I can remember who

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:31 am

Andymac-47 wrote:Yeah, I'm in. I'm going to wait to Portadown's list goes up though. I just hope he hasn't put any of us on his list.

Yep,new rule because of Portadown's super-powers. His selections to be presented in sealed envelope sent recorded delivery to Eric and then unveiled at one minute past midnight. It's only fair.

the flying pig

Postby the flying pig » Fri Dec 20, 2019 10:37 am

,i'm thinking of going for some low-hanging fruit this year, maybe an entire selection of nonagenarians, that sort of thing, low risk & i guess low reward.

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:34 am

I'll set the threads up at some point in the next few days. If anyone really feels the need to DM me their picks for secrecy, I'll allow it.
HM Collector Of Parcels

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:12 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:I'll set the threads up at some point in the next few days. If anyone really feels the need to DM me their picks for secrecy, I'll allow it.

Hurry up you lackadaisical cunt.

You've never been the same since these garden centre trips...
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

The Tin Man

Postby The Tin Man » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:41 pm

eric olthwaite wrote: If anyone really feels the need to DM me their picks for secrecy, I'll allow it.

Yes,excellent idea which will henceforth be known as the " Portadown amendment" when the Squareball archives are studied by future generations when we're all long gone. Fuck transparency. This is the post Brexit every man for himself age.
I see Prince Phillip has just been admitted to hospital ,could be a massive game changer. You've got 11 days to hang on your highness.

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:50 pm

The Tin Man wrote: I see Prince Phillip has just been admitted to hospital ,could be a massive game changer. You've got 11 days to hang on your highness.

Nah. Word is Andrew has set him up with a blood transfer from a fourteen year old girl who went missing in Buenos Aires.

dublin white 69

Postby dublin white 69 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:10 pm

I'm in, just roll all my stubborn fuckers over..............again.

Not one of them had the decency to pop off this year, so I'm sticking with them............................till the very end..
I might be green,but I ain't no cabbage

Return to “The Square Ball”