Planning for next season

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
rss1969

Re: Planning for next season

Postby rss1969 » Sun May 19, 2019 8:08 am

Your binary rigid view on football (if it is a view, you just come across as an agitator)will never allow you to get the point of what other forumers are saying.

I was also at that Portsmouth game. What the fuck does that prove?

We can all sit behind a PC chucking anecdotes out about being a pro footballer and then a coach to try and convince people we know the real truth about watching football. That makes you right and me 100% wrong? Load of bollocks.

Whatever you are or have done, you still completely miss the point.

Mustafaster

Postby Mustafaster » Sun May 19, 2019 8:34 am

Yeboah wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Harsh, but fair.

Get fucked.

Show us yer medals .
Name those professional clubs you played, scouted and managed for.
I'll go first, and fess up and admit I never reached even semi pro level. Not close.
Highest I got in England was W.Yorks Premier, tier 10 or 11?
Bit shit.

Slightly higher in Spain, two seasons as mostly sub for EU Vic in the Catalan league. I was a bit of a novelty I suppose more than a real first teamer. Used to do an impression of Shaun Derry. Run around and point. Couple of the "star" players were semi pro. Way better than everybody else.
So nowhere near your level.

Put some flesh on them bones.
Name those clubs.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

jackos

Postby jackos » Sun May 19, 2019 10:13 am

Mustafaster wrote:Put some flesh on them bones.
Name those clubs.

Not that it makes any difference who you've played for, even ex pros can talk a lot shit, you only have to watch Sky for five minutes to understand that.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Sun May 19, 2019 10:18 am

jackos wrote:
Name those clubs.

Not that it makes any difference who you've played for, even ex pros can talk a lot shit, you only have to watch Sky for five minutes to understand that.

Yep. Though having played as pro at any level might explain the 'competitive' attitude/opinions. "It's win or lose, nowt else matters." When actually it does.

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Sun May 19, 2019 11:03 am

Yeboah acting the 'pound shop Don Goodman' again is he?

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Sun May 19, 2019 11:26 am

Oheddieeddie wrote:Yeboah acting the 'pound shop Don Goodman' again is he?

:salute:

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Sun May 19, 2019 12:30 pm

Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Milner would be our new Strachan. Maybe he will think about it if they win the CL........it will be too late after next season.

Him a decent striker, Pablo for another year without playing so many games and a couple of decent loans brought in would be great.

Shack & Clarke with a full pre-season behind them will be like new signings next season.

Comparing Milner (successful in brilliant teams) to WGS who carried the entire club for 2 years is disrespectful and a bit stupid, frankly.

Shack hasn’t played enough games yet to pass any serious judgement. All we know is that he can run!

Clarke of 6 months ago...everyone is worried that he’ll be gone for £10-£15m. The Clarke of now, wouldn’t get in 23s on merit.

Have some perspective....

I don't think there are any Gordon Strachan types around these days . Milner would be good but highly unlikely anyway . I think the side needs some mental strength and Milner may provide that , especially the way the team folded so easily at the end of the season ..... like Strachan you need someone who isn't just about what they do with the ball , its what they also bring out of other players . Milner and Strachan are different players , there weren't even then many like Strachan , there are none now ( that I know of ) , but Milner would bring something , not just experience . Its obvious right now the side as it stands isn't good enough to go up ...... the poor run of late shows that , had they gone up it would have been a large chunk of luck on current form . They could have beaten Derby but mentally they aren't strong ( Brum , Wigan , Ipswich show that ) ........... THIS is why I believe that better players are needed .....obviously the funds may or may not be there , but if the club is serious about going up , what is there right now isn't going to achieve it , they had their chance this time around , there is no surprise next time hence better players to do the same thing .
See how the summer goes with Clarke and see how he starts next season . Don't know about him really .

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 am

Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Milner and Bielsa would be the dream team.

A Midfield three of Phillips Milner Shackleton Would be glorious.

Great...

One who can pass
One who can tackle
One who can run

In a dream team, that would be one player, not 3

See Kalvin Phillips.
#MOT #GAWA

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 8:52 am

Yeboah wrote:
One of us has been paid to play, coach and scout professional football (it’s not you)

On Milner, solid prem footballer, great attitude but He’s 33 now, 34 in Jan 20. He’s too old would cost too much money and isn’t good enough. Remember also this is the guy who chose to leave Man City, before they became history makers. He’s a solid cog in an established machine..... but we don’t have that. Just no, fucking no. Harking back to ex Leeds players is ridiculous.

Thank fuck you're not scouting for Leeds if you think Milner isn't good enough.

:wheels:
#MOT #GAWA

thestraw

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 9:18 am

Blackwhite wrote:Milner trained in his wiser years by Bielsa.

Just imagine.

Milner doesn't need the money. He might follow his heart and want to be coached by Bielsa and lead his home town club before he misses the chance. He's exactly the leader our side was missing on the pitch this season. I'd exchange a fee for Pontus to finance Milner's wage for 2 years.
#MOT #GAWA

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:00 am

Mustafaster wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mustafaster wrote:Harsh, but fair.

Get fucked.

Show us yer medals .
Name those professional clubs you played, scouted and managed for.
I'll go first, and fess up and admit I never reached even semi pro level. Not close.
Highest I got in England was W.Yorks Premier, tier 10 or 11?
Bit shit.

Slightly higher in Spain, two seasons as mostly sub for EU Vic in the Catalan league. I was a bit of a novelty I suppose more than a real first teamer. Used to do an impression of Shaun Derry. Run around and point. Couple of the "star" players were semi pro. Way better than everybody else.
So nowhere near your level.

Put some flesh on them bones.
Name those clubs.

Halifax
Huddersfield
Northampton

Yorkshire CCC
Northants CCC

Open Championship (mid 90s)

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

rss1969 wrote:Your binary rigid view on football (if it is a view, you just come across as an agitator)will never allow you to get the point of what other forumers are saying.

We can all sit behind a PC chucking anecdotes out about being a pro footballer and then a coach to try and convince people we know the real truth about watching football. That makes you right and me 100% wrong? Load of bollocks.

Other forumers seem to think that the journey, and how that goes is more important than the result/outcome.

MArcelo has connected the club/city type bollocks.

All that matters is promotion.....success. You’ll find no one within the sport (players/coaches) who think differently.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. But if through knowledge and experience I think it’s nonsense then I’ll challenge it.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:05 am

thestraw wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:Milner and Bielsa would be the dream team.

A Midfield three of Phillips Milner Shackleton Would be glorious.

Great...

One who can pass
One who can tackle
One who can run

In a dream team, that would be one player, not 3

See Kalvin Phillips.

Yeah, he can tackle..... :cheers:

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:06 am

jackos wrote:
Name those clubs.

True....same as anyone on this forum.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:07 am

thestraw wrote:

Just imagine.

Milner doesn't need the money. He might follow his heart and want to be coached by Bielsa and lead his home town club before he misses the chance. He's exactly the leader our side was missing on the pitch this season. I'd exchange a fee for Pontus to finance Milner's wage for 2 years.

If he wasn’t ex Leeds, just another mid 30’s journeyman would you feel the same way?

Ballgirl

Postby Ballgirl » Mon May 20, 2019 11:41 am

Yeboah wrote:
thestraw wrote:

Just imagine.

If he wasn’t ex Leeds, just another mid 30’s journeyman would you feel the same way?

This is an interesting point. I agree that being a local lad has “brightened the dream” for many including a few in here. But I would take issue with your description of him as “journeyman” - he’s far from that. No Messi of course but a very useful player. He’s fairly key to the Liverpool squad and they and City are the best two teams in Europe right now. Also a) he has had less bad injuries than say Kompany and b) is still very high on the fitness stats at Liverpool - so I’d say he has 2-3 good years left in him. However - to an earlier point I made - I simply can’t see him coming to Leeds. I would like to be wrong because he would make a significant difference to the quality of the team.
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

rss1969

Postby rss1969 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:50 am

Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Your binary rigid view on football (if it is a view, you just come across as an agitator)will never allow you to get the point of what other forumers are saying.

Other forumers seem to think that the journey, and how that goes is more important than the result/outcome.

MArcelo has connected the club/city type bollocks.

All that matters is promotion.....success. You’ll find no one within the sport (players/coaches) who think differently.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. But if through knowledge and experience I think it’s nonsense then I’ll challenge it.

Yeah, ok Mr bullshit.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:52 am

Yes, journeyman is harsh.....apologies.

Football needs to be a head before heart type of business to make the right decisions. Emotions rarely help. The fact he’s ex Leeds shouldn’t make a difference unless he gives us a home town discount.

Don’t think he’s key to LFC, if you named the most important players in order you can think of 8 or 9 ahead of him at least. He’s valuable due to his versatility.

I would hope we can get someone as good or better for less. I’d prefer to give Bogusz or some of the other 23s a go.

Yeboah

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 11:54 am

rss1969 wrote:
Yeah, ok Mr bullshit.

Glad you agree.

dirty leeds

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 20, 2019 11:58 am

Yeboah wrote:All that matters is promotion.....success. You’ll find no one within the sport (players/coaches) who think differently.

I don't believe that. Nobody at all? It's a wild statement that you can't possibly prove, no matter who you've played for and/or coached. The best you can say is that, in your experience, you've never met anybody like that.

And in any case, so what? It's understandable that a player/contributor has a keen competitive edge to their personality, one that has no doubt been reinforced throughout their career. Fans like to win too, but at the same time they can prefer to win with style [like Man City and Liverpool, or recent Barcelona teams]. What would you rather watch? A ding-dong 2-2 draw between City and Liverpool? Or a decisive 3-0 thumping of Cardiff by Burnley? How my team plays is important to me and I'd bet thousands of others.

I'm fine that we disagree on this. We bonded on Nihal Arthanayake, so I'll settle for that. :D

Return to “The Square Ball”