Planning for next season

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Ballgirl
Joined: Sun May 03, 2015 1:58 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Ballgirl » Sat May 18, 2019 7:19 am

jackos wrote:
thestraw wrote:But the season isn't 23 games long for a start! So why use that stat to twist your argument. Look at the whole season. If we had a striker that could finish and an experienced leader like Milner in the middle - we go up automatically.


Now you mention Milner. If budget meant I had to choose between Bielsa staying or Corberan on the bench and Milner captioning the team on the pitch I would pick Corberan and James. Bielsa has been great for our club and I pray we can afford to keep him and invest in.the squad, equally I cant think of anything better than seeing Milner captain us to the PL in our Centenary season.


Jackos - we’re not getting Milner .... unfortunately
Prediction League Champion 2015-16

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mr Reality » Sat May 18, 2019 10:10 am

Milner and Bielsa would be the dream team.

A Midfield three of Phillips Milner Shackleton Would be glorious.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby rss1969 » Sat May 18, 2019 10:54 am

Milner would be our new Strachan. Maybe he will think about it if they win the CL........it will be too late after next season.

Him a decent striker, Pablo for another year without playing so many games and a couple of decent loans brought in would be great.

Shack & Clarke with a full pre-season behind them will be like new signings next season.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 18, 2019 11:00 am

Milner trained in his wiser years by Bielsa.



Just imagine.
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby rss1969 » Sat May 18, 2019 11:02 am

Seems we are in for Reece Brown, 23 yr old winger with Forest Green.

User avatar
Blackwhite
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:07 am
Location: Arse end of nowhere

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Blackwhite » Sat May 18, 2019 11:39 am

rss1969 wrote:Seems we are in for Reece Brown, 23 yr old winger with Forest Green.

Not related to Izzy, is he?
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

User avatar
Musson Grumble
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Left a bit, no no right, ahh, lovely

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Musson Grumble » Sat May 18, 2019 2:30 pm

I
Eat more English celery.

User avatar
Musson Grumble
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2019 12:34 pm
Location: Left a bit, no no right, ahh, lovely

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Musson Grumble » Sat May 18, 2019 2:31 pm

Izzy injured?
Eat more English celery.

Mindo
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:19 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mindo » Sat May 18, 2019 2:39 pm

Some tinternet rumours about Aaron Mooy. I'd be happy with that, but assume he'll be too expensive

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Sat May 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Milner and Bielsa would be the dream team.

A Midfield three of Phillips Milner Shackleton Would be glorious.


Great...

One who can pass
One who can tackle
One who can run

In a dream team, that would be one player, not 3

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Sat May 18, 2019 3:07 pm

rss1969 wrote:Milner would be our new Strachan. Maybe he will think about it if they win the CL........it will be too late after next season.

Him a decent striker, Pablo for another year without playing so many games and a couple of decent loans brought in would be great.

Shack & Clarke with a full pre-season behind them will be like new signings next season.


Comparing Milner (successful in brilliant teams) to WGS who carried the entire club for 2 years is disrespectful and a bit stupid, frankly.

Shack hasn’t played enough games yet to pass any serious judgement. All we know is that he can run!

Clarke of 6 months ago...everyone is worried that he’ll be gone for £10-£15m. The Clarke of now, wouldn’t get in 23s on merit.

Have some perspective....

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mr Reality » Sat May 18, 2019 3:54 pm

:lol:

User avatar
OWETB
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 3:05 am
Location: Eating pig with the Prophet Mohammed

Re: Planning for next season

Postby OWETB » Sat May 18, 2019 3:58 pm


User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby jackos » Sat May 18, 2019 5:50 pm

Yeboah wrote:Comparing Milner (successful in brilliant teams) to WGS who carried the entire club for 2 years is disrespectful and a bit stupid, frankly..


The comment is along the lines of "he could mean as much next season as Gordon Strachan did in 1990". How is that disrespectful? Its putting Strachan on a pedestal, and suggesting that Milner could do something great for his home city club if he comes home to help us back to the PL before his career ends.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Sat May 18, 2019 5:56 pm

jackos wrote:
Yeboah wrote:Comparing Milner (successful in brilliant teams) to WGS who carried the entire club for 2 years is disrespectful and a bit stupid, frankly..


The comment is along the lines of "he could mean as much next season as Gordon Strachan did in 1990". How is that disrespectful? Its putting Strachan on a pedestal, and suggesting that Milner could do something great for his home city club if he comes home to help us back to the PL before his career ends.


The comment was ‘Milner can be our new Strachan’

He can’t, he’s nowhere near good enough.

Putting the 2 in any sort of comparison is disrespectful.

A simple concept.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby rss1969 » Sat May 18, 2019 6:26 pm

Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Milner would be our new Strachan. Maybe he will think about it if they win the CL........it will be too late after next season.

Him a decent striker, Pablo for another year without playing so many games and a couple of decent loans brought in would be great.

Shack & Clarke with a full pre-season behind them will be like new signings next season.


Comparing Milner (successful in brilliant teams) to WGS who carried the entire club for 2 years is disrespectful and a bit stupid, frankly.

Shack hasn’t played enough games yet to pass any serious judgement. All we know is that he can run!

Clarke of 6 months ago...everyone is worried that he’ll be gone for £10-£15m. The Clarke of now, wouldn’t get in 23s on merit.

Have some perspective....


You sir are a complete and utter bell end of titanic proportions. I do not think you are even a Leeds supporter but just an attention seeking cunt who probably hops around multiple club forums annoying genuine fans who are trying to add tangible rationale to how we might progress rather than just stating that everything is going to hell in a hand cart.

Milner is the right age, has the right attitude, engine, desire, quality and would score goals if played in the AM role (as he proved with Villa) especially at this level. His professionalism would pull the rest of the players up another notch..........the same thing that Strachan did. If you didn't notice (and you probably didn't) at that time there were some other players that were beside Strachan who deserve a mention but I wont bother spelling them out to you.

Shack does a lot more than just run but again any analysis would be completely wasted on you.

Clarke had a worrying injury, these things happen. He has the quality to succeed and has improved of late but the club have rightly been cautious with him. A full Bielsa pre season and inclusion around the first team will hopefully bring the best out of him.

Now fuck off and celebrate Man City's bought and paid for treble you agitating little cunt, you will be hard pushed to find fault with that.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mustafaster » Sat May 18, 2019 6:43 pm

Harsh, but fair.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Sat May 18, 2019 11:44 pm

rss1969 wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Milner would be our new Strachan. Maybe he will think about it if they win the CL........it will be too late after next season.

Him a decent striker, Pablo for another year without playing so many games and a couple of decent loans brought in would be great.

Shack & Clarke with a full pre-season behind them will be like new signings next season.


Comparing Milner (successful in brilliant teams) to WGS who carried the entire club for 2 years is disrespectful and a bit stupid, frankly.

Shack hasn’t played enough games yet to pass any serious judgement. All we know is that he can run!

Clarke of 6 months ago...everyone is worried that he’ll be gone for £10-£15m. The Clarke of now, wouldn’t get in 23s on merit.

Have some perspective....


You sir are a complete and utter bell end of titanic proportions. I do not think you are even a Leeds supporter but just an attention seeking cunt who probably hops around multiple club forums annoying genuine fans who are trying to add tangible rationale to how we might progress rather than just stating that everything is going to hell in a hand cart.

Milner is the right age, has the right attitude, engine, desire, quality and would score goals if played in the AM role (as he proved with Villa) especially at this level. His professionalism would pull the rest of the players up another notch..........the same thing that Strachan did. If you didn't notice (and you probably didn't) at that time there were some other players that were beside Strachan who deserve a mention but I wont bother spelling them out to you.

Shack does a lot more than just run but again any analysis would be completely wasted on you.

Clarke had a worrying injury, these things happen. He has the quality to succeed and has improved of late but the club have rightly been cautious with him. A full Bielsa pre season and inclusion around the first team will hopefully bring the best out of him.

Now fuck off and celebrate Man City's bought and paid for treble you agitating little cunt, you will be hard pushed to find fault with that.



Difference of opinion on a forum is what it’s all about, no?

One of us has been paid to play, coach and scout professional football (it’s not you)

On Milner, solid prem footballer, great attitude but He’s 33 now, 34 in Jan 20. He’s too old would cost too much money and isn’t good enough. Remember also this is the guy who chose to leave Man City, before they became history makers. He’s a solid cog in an established machine..... but we don’t have that. Just no, fucking no. Harking back to ex Leeds players is ridiculous.

On Shackleton..all I said is it’s too early to pass judgement, he runs well but his overall body of work at this level isn’t there yet. He could be a world beater but he probably won’t be.

On Strachan, I queued to get in for his debut from 11am. It was against Portsmouth, he got fouled for a pen. within 30 seconds which wasn’t given. Ran the game......Bairdy scored at the old RFW stand end in the 2nd half and Leeds won 1-0. Yes Leeds had other players, Fairclough made his debut same game. But without WGS, some of the others wouldn’t have come. We don’t get promoted or then win the div 1 title. He was the key man to all of that period.

On Clarke, how can anyone tell what his true level is? Looked good for a few games.... not great, had illness and has come back not looking like a footballer.

Sorry your comprehension and intelligence isn’t higher.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Sat May 18, 2019 11:45 pm

Mustafaster wrote:Harsh, but fair.


Get fucked.

Mr Reality
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mr Reality » Sat May 18, 2019 11:59 pm

Milner left city because he wanted to play more. He joined a team who are about to play their third European final in four seasons and he started the previous finals.

Yet he's not good enough at this level.

The mind boggles.

Looking forward to a response saying that the fact the didn't win either final means they may as well have gone out in the qualifying rounds.

They may as well have finished 17th as they didn't win the league this season :tongue: .


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bielsa1919, Google [Bot], jackos, London_White, Quiffy, Tycipa and 15 guests