Planning for next season

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
User avatar
Rambo the randy pig
Joined: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:24 am
Location: Makin bacon

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Rambo the randy pig » Mon May 20, 2019 11:59 am

Yeboah wrote:
thestraw wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Milner trained in his wiser years by Bielsa.



Just imagine.

Milner doesn't need the money. He might follow his heart and want to be coached by Bielsa and lead his home town club before he misses the chance. He's exactly the leader our side was missing on the pitch this season. I'd exchange a fee for Pontus to finance Milner's wage for 2 years.


If he wasn’t ex Leeds, just another mid 30’s journeyman would you feel the same way?


With Ballgirl on this. No way would I describe Milner as a Journeyman. He's just played a key role in the team that finished runners up in the PL and may get a champs league medal.

I suspect Klopp rates him which is why he keeps playing him. I know you say you've got loads of playing and coaching experience. Indeed you may well have played at a higher level and won more than Jurgen Klopp as a player - who knows, but in the coaching pedigree stakes, in the absence of any info to the contrary, then I reckon he beats you hands down. So I'll take his opinion.

The fact that he hasn't been offered another contract by the bin dippers only proves that at his age they probably think the wages are better spent on a younger player,

Not about been ex-Leeds. Simply that because he's one of ours he may well consider coming back. Doubt we could entice a player of his quality otherwise. Not been all misty eyed about an old Leeds player, merely seeing a player with medals under this belt who's just played 40 odd games for the PL runners up and possible Champs League winners who might just, at a push, though I doubt it play for Leeds next season.

rss1969
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:52 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby rss1969 » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:
Yeah, ok Mr bullshit.


Glad you agree.


1st time for everything Mr Bullshit.

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Planning for next season

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 20, 2019 12:03 pm

Rambo the randy pig wrote:Not about been ex-Leeds. Simply that because he's one of ours he may well consider coming back. Doubt we could entice a player of his quality otherwise. Not been all misty eyed about an old Leeds player, merely seeing a player with medals under this belt who's just played 40 odd games for the PL runners up and possible Champs League winners who might just, at a push, though I doubt it play for Leeds next season.



Yeah, this is what I think too. The only reason being ex-Leeds matters here is that it might give us an edge in actually getting a player we have no real expectation of. He still supports Leeds, he has tons of dosh already, he might just be about to pick up the Euro Cup in his final season at Anfield... so there's a chance he might be interested in coming back to save us, especially now we have Bielsa at the helm. Having one more season where he ends up as the captain of the Leeds team that achieved promotion might be the present he thinks he can give himself at the end of a long and very successful career.
I did say 'might'.

User avatar
thestraw
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 12:58 pm

Yeboah wrote:Yeah, he can tackle..... :cheers:

Erm, he's also got a fantastic engine and covers the pitch and is one of the best passers in the league.
#MOT #GAWA

User avatar
thestraw
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 11:09 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby thestraw » Mon May 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Yeboah wrote:
thestraw wrote:
Blackwhite wrote:Milner trained in his wiser years by Bielsa.



Just imagine.

Milner doesn't need the money. He might follow his heart and want to be coached by Bielsa and lead his home town club before he misses the chance. He's exactly the leader our side was missing on the pitch this season. I'd exchange a fee for Pontus to finance Milner's wage for 2 years.


If he wasn’t ex Leeds, just another mid 30’s journeyman would you feel the same way?

No - simply because we wouldn't have any hope of getting him here unless he was Leeds as others have already alluded to .
#MOT #GAWA

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby jackos » Mon May 20, 2019 2:25 pm

Yeboah wrote:True....same as anyone on this forum.


Exactly. That's kind of the point. We're all Leeds fans and most of us have been watching/suffering for a large chunk of our lives. Everyone has an opinion, some of them a daft, some not. You don't need to end posts by telling us your opinion has more value because you've played football for money etc all the bloody time, it's nice to know, and obviously affects they way you see things, but stating it all the time just makes you sound like a bit of a prat (imo obviously).
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby jackos » Mon May 20, 2019 2:30 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Yeboah wrote:All that matters is promotion.....success. You’ll find no one within the sport (players/coaches) who think differently.


I don't believe that.


You have to admit that City fans did look pretty happy yesterday, definitely a lot happier than they did when they were relegated to division two in '98....
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
jackos
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:49 am
Location: Stockholm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby jackos » Mon May 20, 2019 2:33 pm

Yeboah wrote:If he wasn’t ex Leeds, just another mid 30’s journeyman would you feel the same way.


Of course not. We've had two many 30-something journey men milking money from our club, but the fact that he is a fan makes a lot of us believe he wouldn't come to ER unless he thought he could help us win promotion. It matters. Pablo has proven that you don't have to be Leeds to be a 30-something success at ER - but the way Milners has played this season, his injury record and the fact that he is a fan does give me more confidence that he could be a massive success for us next season.
Traditional Socialist Bastard

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 20, 2019 2:34 pm

jackos wrote:
Yeboah wrote:True....same as anyone on this forum.


Exactly. That's kind of the point. We're all Leeds fans and most of us have been watching/suffering for a large chunk of our lives. Everyone has an opinion, some of them a daft, some not. You don't need to end posts by telling us your opinion has more value because you've played football for money etc all the bloody time, it's nice to know, and obviously affects they way you see things, but stating it all the time just makes you sound like abut of a prat (imo obviously).

Aye. Yeboah doesn't understand the fact that fans and professionals don't necessarily want the same thing.
If your livelihood and income level depend on results and nothing else it's going to be all about results. If we had gone up this season a lot of pockets would have been stuffed with gold.
If you're a pro only results matter, obviously.

Not so much for the fans.
Yes we'd all have liked to have a day at Wembley.
But the fact we didn't doesn't mean that the entire season can be written off as a failure.
I'm looking forward to next season more than any I can remember.
That, for a fan, is success.

The more Yeboah posts the more I think he's not really Leeds, not really, just living out some bizarre vicarious fantasy about being a pro.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

User avatar
Tycipa
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:39 pm

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Tycipa » Mon May 20, 2019 3:39 pm

Not so sure Musta, don’t think I could stomach say 10 more seasons like the glorious failure season we’ve just had. A bit of success would be welcome, especially that if we go up it will be the last because there’s no chance of us winning anything while we’re in the EPL.
The fact that we are not taking care of the planet, our children will pay the consequences. With football it will be the same because we're destroying football and in the future we'll see the negative effects. Those who have power are responsible for it.

User avatar
Mustafaster
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:02 am
Location: PC Brigade House.

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Mustafaster » Mon May 20, 2019 3:48 pm

Tycipa wrote:Not so sure Musta, don’t think I could stomach say 10 more seasons like the glorious failure season we’ve just had. A bit of success would be welcome, especially that if we go up it will be the last because there’s no chance of us winning anything while we’re in the EPL.

Fair point. I don't think I could either.
If we fail to go up next year I'll call it a failure.
The end to this season was massively disappointing due to the way it happened.
But I don't call it a failure.
Nobody expected to go up this season, but we damn nearly did.
It was always about laying the foundations for 2019/20.
The groundwork has been laid. The base is as solid as it could be.
A couple of additions and we could piss all over the division.
The teams coming down are shite this time.
Somebody might conceivably do a Norwich I suppose, but promotion next year is a must.
Mirrors and copulation are abominable, since they both multiply the numbers of men.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 4:45 pm

jackos wrote:
Yeboah wrote:True....same as anyone on this forum.


Exactly. That's kind of the point. We're all Leeds fans and most of us have been watching/suffering for a large chunk of our lives. Everyone has an opinion, some of them a daft, some not. You don't need to end posts by telling us your opinion has more value because you've played football for money etc all the bloody time, it's nice to know, and obviously affects they way you see things, but stating it all the time just makes you sound like a bit of a prat (imo obviously).


My opinion matters no more or less than anyone else’s...I don’t think I’ve ever said otherwise. It’s all about opinions. With my background I maybe have a different perspective.

My first Leeds game was when I was 4. I know suffering....!

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
Tycipa wrote:Not so sure Musta, don’t think I could stomach say 10 more seasons like the glorious failure season we’ve just had. A bit of success would be welcome, especially that if we go up it will be the last because there’s no chance of us winning anything while we’re in the EPL.

Fair point. I don't think I could either.
If we fail to go up next year I'll call it a failure.
The end to this season was massively disappointing due to the way it happened.
But I don't call it a failure.
Nobody expected to go up this season, but we damn nearly did.
It was always about laying the foundations for 2019/20.
The groundwork has been laid. The base is as solid as it could be.
A couple of additions and we could piss all over the division.
The teams coming down are shite this time.
Somebody might conceivably do a Norwich I suppose, but promotion next year is a must.



The teams that came down this season were also shite.

The solid base is £20m in the red... :scratch:

I’ll remember that last line....

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 4:49 pm

Mustafaster wrote:
jackos wrote:
Yeboah wrote:True....same as anyone on this forum.


Exactly. That's kind of the point. We're all Leeds fans and most of us have been watching/suffering for a large chunk of our lives. Everyone has an opinion, some of them a daft, some not. You don't need to end posts by telling us your opinion has more value because you've played football for money etc all the bloody time, it's nice to know, and obviously affects they way you see things, but stating it all the time just makes you sound like abut of a prat (imo obviously).

Aye. Yeboah doesn't understand the fact that fans and professionals don't necessarily want the same thing.
If your livelihood and income level depend on results and nothing else it's going to be all about results. If we had gone up this season a lot of pockets would have been stuffed with gold.
If you're a pro only results matter, obviously.

Not so much for the fans.
Yes we'd all have liked to have a day at Wembley.
But the fact we didn't doesn't mean that the entire season can be written off as a failure.
I'm looking forward to next season more than any I can remember.
That, for a fan, is success.

The more Yeboah posts the more I think he's not really Leeds, not really, just living out some bizarre vicarious fantasy about being a pro.



As Shearer said on Saturday...Wembley is only good if you win. If you don’t win....you’d rather be anywhere else.

Success is promotion as without it the entire existence of the club is threatened.

User avatar
Terre Harte
Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:08 am
Location: Middle of America

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Terre Harte » Mon May 20, 2019 4:55 pm

I will take a different tack on Milner.

I think he would help us. But I don’t think we can afford him and if we can “barely afford” him? I don’t want to sign him and then lose the chance at signing others at other areas of need.
"If you sell the refrigerator to buy the beer, where the fuck do you put the beer?"

"My only weapon is my pen ... and the state of mind I’m in.”

User avatar
dirty leeds
Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:13 pm
Location: London

Re: Planning for next season

Postby dirty leeds » Mon May 20, 2019 5:02 pm

Yeboah wrote:The teams that came down this season were also shite.


They turned out to be poor, but Swansea, Stoke and West Brom should have done better than I'd expect of Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield. In my opinion. And if Villa go up that will help too.

User avatar
metalsmurf
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Littleborough, Gtr Scumland

Re: Planning for next season

Postby metalsmurf » Mon May 20, 2019 5:05 pm

Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Your binary rigid view on football (if it is a view, you just come across as an agitator)will never allow you to get the point of what other forumers are saying.

I was also at that Portsmouth game. What the fuck does that prove?

We can all sit behind a PC chucking anecdotes out about being a pro footballer and then a coach to try and convince people we know the real truth about watching football. That makes you right and me 100% wrong? Load of bollocks.

Whatever you are or have done, you still completely miss the point.


Other forumers seem to think that the journey, and how that goes is more important than the result/outcome.

MArcelo has connected the club/city type bollocks.

All that matters is promotion.....success. You’ll find no one within the sport (players/coaches) who think differently.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. But if through knowledge and experience I think it’s nonsense then I’ll challenge it.

Thing is promotion is all we're (maybe) gonna get. Is that success. We will be a VERY long way from winning anything for a long time. I.E. real success.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 5:07 pm

dirty leeds wrote:
Yeboah wrote:The teams that came down this season were also shite.


They turned out to be poor, but Swansea, Stoke and West Brom should have done better than I'd expect of Cardiff, Fulham and Huddersfield. In my opinion. And if Villa go up that will help too.


Cardiff with Colin and Fulham with that squad (and Khan) will be more competitive I think than Swansea with their financial meltdown, and stoke with their mental attitude issues.

Chuddersfield....who knows but we never seem to do well against them anyway!

Yeboah
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:06 am

Re: Planning for next season

Postby Yeboah » Mon May 20, 2019 5:10 pm

metalsmurf wrote:
Yeboah wrote:
rss1969 wrote:Your binary rigid view on football (if it is a view, you just come across as an agitator)will never allow you to get the point of what other forumers are saying.

I was also at that Portsmouth game. What the fuck does that prove?

We can all sit behind a PC chucking anecdotes out about being a pro footballer and then a coach to try and convince people we know the real truth about watching football. That makes you right and me 100% wrong? Load of bollocks.

Whatever you are or have done, you still completely miss the point.


Other forumers seem to think that the journey, and how that goes is more important than the result/outcome.

MArcelo has connected the club/city type bollocks.

All that matters is promotion.....success. You’ll find no one within the sport (players/coaches) who think differently.

Everyone entitled to their own opinion and beliefs. But if through knowledge and experience I think it’s nonsense then I’ll challenge it.

Thing is promotion is all we're (maybe) gonna get. Is that success. We will be a VERY long way from winning anything for a long time. I.E. real success.


We are running at a £20m loss per season......as and when Radz gets fed up funding a champ club....what happens then?

User avatar
metalsmurf
Joined: Sat Nov 01, 2008 10:08 am
Location: Littleborough, Gtr Scumland

Re: Planning for next season

Postby metalsmurf » Mon May 20, 2019 5:25 pm

Fuck knows, what I'm trying to get across, maybe not very clearly, is that we aren't really in the hunt for true success. Maybe a tilt at promotion and watching decent footy for a change is a form of success as we are so far behind the curve now.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.


Return to “The Square Ball”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 61 guests

cron