Flatulent Fat fractious Franks fuckers get Ram Tupped up their treepiggin' cuntoes CyberKop

Discussion on LUFC and absolutely anything... welcome to the Dark Side
Mr Reality

Re: Flatulent Fat fractious Franks fuckers get Ram Tupped up their treepiggin' cuntoes CyberKop

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 10:02 pm

Anyhow im not going to be critical with this squad to finish third was over performing.

BC

Re: Flatulent Fat fractious Franks fuckers get Ram Tupped up their treepiggin' cuntoes CyberKop

Postby BC » Wed May 15, 2019 10:03 pm

I love the guy, but that might the worst game Pablo has ever played. Again - fuck football

Oheddieeddie

Postby Oheddieeddie » Wed May 15, 2019 10:05 pm

Bielsa is an absolute genius to get this Shower anywhere near promotion.

Time to offload
Kiko - too unprodictable
Beradi - Has heart but brainless
Cooper - Not good enough & slow
Dallas - Not good enough despite tonight
Forshaw - awful, a poor version of Kilkenny
Bamford - lacks heart/charachter/bravery& slow

Last chance saloon
Douglas

Keep and build with:
BPF
Jansson
Alioski
Roberts
Roofe
Klich

I would sign
Harrison. He's got potential and is still raw

Promote
Shackleton to 1st team regular

Assess if they have a future:
Clarke - has his injury made him subconsciously back off?
Hernandez - great player but has he another year in him?

Loans out
Saiz - bring him back (if we can) we should have been able to manage him better than we did!

eric olthwaite

Postby eric olthwaite » Wed May 15, 2019 10:07 pm

Leeds0269 wrote:So.

Ref - Utter shit cunt. Ruined the game with all those yellows in what wasn't a dirty game (I mean Derby as well). Inconsistent and just fucking terrible all round. No way was that a 9 yellow card / 2 reds game.

Kiko. Just, just wtf... We dropped BPF for those kind of fuck ups. Too many errors and madness moments this season.
Bamford. Could be good, with the right set up but he clearly doesn't suit our style of play under el loco.
Berardi - Cant blame him for that S/O frankly, first booking was soft and was VG most of game until then and he was fouled 3 times prior to that card in one passage of play. That's all down to the shit ref.
Cooper - Not his best decision making today. Still has been excellent for 80% of the season. Most improved player all round.
Harrison - Tried hard, lovely pass to Klich for the aggregate equaliser. Feel like he could become a much better player with another season. Grown on me.

El Loco - Clearly a meticulous strategic and insanely thorough tactical genius who has milked every last drop out of a squad that have without doubt overperformed. BUT, needs to try alternative tactics / subs at times with a slightly bigger squad. I hope stays.

Overall. Well, gutted obviously but the writing was on the wall in January for me - we really needed to strengthen the squad and didn't as we only went for one player. We were also piss poor with the loans, Baker=shit, Brown=great in the u23 but not really given a chance / good enough after injury? FFS we took him on with 6 months of crock...

If Bielsa stays, and we keep the squad (bar Kiko and Bamford for me) AND add in a few quality signings - a 20+ goal nasty bastard hard working 15+ goals CF for me is what we need more than owt we can easily go up as champions next season.

Pablo - Been our saviour so often this season and has frankly just run out of steam, we've relied on him too much for too long. I feel the most sorry for him of all the players.

Mostly agree, although I’ve seen nothing to suggest Brown was ever a footballer.

One last thought about tonight. I think we really missed Alioski more than anyone, just his relentless running round killing opposition space. Oh well.

Leeds0269

Postby Leeds0269 » Wed May 15, 2019 10:19 pm

eric olthwaite wrote:
Mostly agree, although I’ve seen nothing to suggest Brown was ever a footballer.

One last thought about tonight. I think we really missed Alioski more than anyone, just his relentless running round killing opposition space. Oh well.

Yeah, it's weird - Brown clearly has some talent based on stuff he's done in U23 but I think he's way off what the dog botherers had the season before injury. It was just a crazy decision to take a punt on a player that had 6 months of recovery from a serious injury on loan.

Alioski was definitely a loss, his duracell running has been a bane for most teams this season. I think even he was running out of steam though. Dallas has grown into that attacking FB role in a short period of time though for me, fair play to him.

We desperately need a either a 20+ goal striker like Pukki or a fucking amazing CF/CAM that will smash 15+ in. Saiz could have come into it in the second half of the season for that as Pablo tired.

It's just so many what if's and small margins... Fuck football.
Been away from posting for too long, but still been lingering around like a bad fart.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Wed May 15, 2019 10:43 pm

Terrible shit news to wake up to.

Sounds like the Casilla-Cooper mix up turned the tie, though we’ve ended the season poorly and it was the Wigan game that really ruined our season.

We need to hang on to the positives - we did finish third - build on what’s worked well and strengthen where we need to. I think I agree with the comment about loan players - it’s noticeable that Derby’s loans served them well.

Roll on 2019/20!
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Eddies Boots

Postby Eddies Boots » Wed May 15, 2019 10:49 pm

shit - just got back from doctors and scans - they can poke me some more rather than seeing that scoreline.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed May 15, 2019 11:00 pm

Mr Reality wrote:That's why you play your best defender.

Yeah, I thought of your comments tonight, I'd have had Pontus on for Pablo at half time (Pablo did a little better 2nd half in fairness), they'd gone 2 up top, needed more goals and we needed to snuff out the potential of balls over the top as neither Berardi or Cooper were dealing with them. Then again, it'd have been an easier call if it was still 1-0.

I think Berardi was a touch unfortunate - no complaints at all about the actual card but the situation arose following a foul on him and an advantage when there was none leaving him out of position when he lost it.

Dallas MoM, Phillips also excellent, Ayling doing what he does and Shack is a joy to watch. The rest... Not so much although I did think Bamford was good for half an hour and Brown showed enough intelligence in his 3 minutes to suggest he should have been on much sooner.

Kiko was fucking shit, again.

Phil LUFC

Postby Phil LUFC » Wed May 15, 2019 11:05 pm

Mr Reality wrote:Anyhow im not going to be critical with this squad to finish third was over performing.

Indeed, I think I'm in the philosophical camp all in. I should be angry but I'm not. Just resigned to this familiar feeling again.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 pm

You don't have to come and beat us, we can manage that perfectly well on our own.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed May 15, 2019 11:10 pm

Still Hates Gordon Watson wrote:So, the Lampard v Terry final I’ve been fearing looks like happening.

Just a shame they can't both lose .

Clacton white

Postby Clacton white » Wed May 15, 2019 11:14 pm

Devi wrote:Kasilla
Bamford
Harrison
Cooper

O'Kane - still draining the wage bill as well .

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Wed May 15, 2019 11:15 pm

The annoying thing is, as I'm sure somebody has already posted, FF will become an overnight tactical genius. Instead of a cunt, which he is. Massive restraint shown tonight when he came over fist pumping in front of the East stand. I'll say it again, cunt.
Because a thing seems difficult for you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish.

Mr Reality

Postby Mr Reality » Wed May 15, 2019 11:16 pm

Phil LUFC wrote:

Yeah, I thought of your comments tonight, I'd have had Pontus on for Pablo at half time (Pablo did a little better 2nd half in fairness), they'd gone 2 up top, needed more goals and we needed to snuff out the potential of balls over the top as neither Berardi or Cooper were dealing with them. Then again, it'd have been an easier call if it was still 1-0.

I think Berardi was a touch unfortunate - no complaints at all about the actual card but the situation arose following a foul on him and an advantage when there was none leaving him out of position when he lost it.

Dallas MoM, Phillips also excellent, Ayling doing what he does and Shack is a joy to watch. The rest... Not so much although I did think Bamford was good for half an hour and Brown showed enough intelligence in his 3 minutes to suggest he should have been on much sooner.

Funny old game. Thought for the first 40 minutes we were extremely comfortable followed by 20 minutes or carnage then thought again were the better side until the red. Then it was a bit more carnage the 4th just sums it up.

The worst bit is derby are not a good side.

It will get lost but bamford was good first half but he was knackered after half time and agree about brown thought he looked lively and Clarke too. Thought Hernandez looked tired just thinking back whether he needed to play the last 2 league games.

Shackleton was very good. Put down an early marker for next season.

Obviously depends on finances which I'm not too confident about but this squad needs 3/4 quality signings.

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu May 16, 2019 12:26 am

Mr Reality wrote:
Phil LUFC wrote:

Funny old game. Thought for the first 40 minutes we were extremely comfortable followed by 20 minutes or carnage then thought again were the better side until the red. Then it was a bit more carnage the 4th just sums it up.

It will get lost but bamford was good first half but he was knackered after half time and agree about brown thought he looked lively and Clarke too. Thought looked tired just thinking back whether he needed to play the last 2 league games.

Obviously depends on finances which I'm not too confident about but this squad needs 3/4 quality signings.

Agreed

metalsmurf

Postby metalsmurf » Thu May 16, 2019 1:57 am

Oh well, Wicked it is then, can't fucking wait...

Blackwhite

Postby Blackwhite » Thu May 16, 2019 2:07 am

Hello darkness my old friend.... I've come to Leeds with you again....
You know, I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just going to ask where they're going and hook up with 'em later.

Vampire

Postby Vampire » Thu May 16, 2019 5:14 am

metalsmurf wrote:
Mr Reality wrote:

It will get lost but bamford was good first half but he was knackered after half time and agree about brown thought he looked lively and Clarke too. Thought looked tired just thinking back whether he needed to play the last 2 league games.

Agreed

It’s great to see Mr Reality becoming Mr Popular on here. It wasn’t that long ago some members of the ignorant pitchfork mob were pretending to have him ”on ignore.”

If he was an obscure and widely ignored musician suddenly being embraced by the mainstream in this way the snobs on the music thread would be accusing him of “selling out.”

:salute:
There will be no end to the problems afflicting mankind until economists become rulers, or, by some miracle, rulers become economists.

Terre Harte

Postby Terre Harte » Thu May 16, 2019 6:16 am

The match ended around 4:30 p.m. local time, so I’ve had all day and night to stew about it.

Depression? Yeah, it’s definitely set in, but some somewhat rational thoughts:

- Frankly, given the sheer amount of injuries we had, it’s amazing we got as far as we did. Some of the XI’s Leeds put out there in the last two months of the season were frightfully thin and/or inexperienced. I hoped in my heart it could be overcome, but my brain knew it was unlikely.

- I very, very rarely put a match down to officiating, I think that’s generally a weak excuse and I don’t think Leeds collapse was totally on him either, but some of his decisions were shocking. Bamford, epic craphouse though he has been (I will say in his defense, I have to wonder if he was ever close to 100 percent injury-wise), should have had a penalty in place of his yellow. Berardi situation as many have mentioned.

Though it likely wouldn’t have mattered, I was irate when he whistled the match complete. I’m thinking at the time when Derby was time-wasting with their substitution that, most of the time, that gambit doesn’t work and the official usually adds the propee amount of time back. Match should have gone to seven minutes, but he is the one fucker who calls it over at six.

- i love our possession, but I think - and this is magnified by not having an assassin finisher - we do get a bit too enamored with it and try to create goals through it exclusively and to our detriment. When you do see us have a pop at the goal from outside the area, it’s usually at the end of a buildup or after a rebound. That’s not uncommon for any team, but it seems especially so for us. I wouldn’t mind seeing a few pops at goal in the midst of the buildup. Pablo was doing this when he was fit, but he ran out of gas. Some proper transfers/loan signings are needed to diversify the manner of attack as many have said.

- I don’t understand our philosophy on corners. I know we don’t have a target man in the box, but in the matches I saw, it seemed we either played them deep or line-drived them to the nearest part of the six-foot box and just kind of hoped. For all of the possession we have, and for all of the chances and corners it creates, we need to do far better at taking advantage. Again, see transfers/loan signings.

- Fuck Frank Lampard with the third base he was born on thinking he hit a triple. That showboating bullshit after the match chaffes my ass, the opposite of Bielsa’s class. Usually can’t stand Villa, and have not actually minded Derby for the most part over the years, but I hope his squad gets tarred-and-feathered at Wembley. (Plus, I’d rather have Derby in the division than Villa. Theoretically easier marks.)

- Watching the match, I’m convinced the late Lemmy from Motorhead is Scott Malone’s father. Conceived him on one of their tours.

Add one likely irrational point I’ll likely regret writing:

- I am usually the opposite of the tinfoil hat wearing conspiracist. Generally, I think that kind of talk is, at best, silly, and at worst, the shttiest kind of excuse making to cover up for your own defieciencies.

So keep that in mind as I make this admittedly irrational and non-provable point. Kiko was so scandalously poor in his decision-making, his Rene Higuita-style moronic adventures out of the box, the horrific angles he played on Derby’s sorties into the area and the high risks he took inside the area that didn’t result in goals, but could have.

(Kiko lucked out shortly before Derby’s winner when he happened to come up with that lofted ball into the box out he knew little about it. In the scramble he created by coming out, I thought Derby had a penalty case when one of their players was pulled down.)

By halftime, after that epic goatfuck of a first goal for Derby, one thought entered my mind regarding Kiko.

I hope I don’t read someday that this match was part of some match-fixing scandal.

I know, I know, I hate writing that. I feel like an ass for even suggesting such an assertion, but Kiko was so God damningly awful, it crossed my mind that no one of his alleged caliber can be so terrible on even their worst day. There had to be a bigger reason ... even if I know there probably isn’t and it’s just the football gods flogging their favorite whipping boy Leeds.

Oh well. Off to a likely sleepless night over here. Someday I will lift a drink with some of you in celebration, I hope in-person, but if not, then in spirit. That’s if the hope doesn’t kill me first. Wouldn’t want to hope with a better group of fans, even the ones here I fight with. Cheers to you all.
"If you sell the refrigerator to buy the beer, where the fuck do you put the beer?"

"My only weapon is my pen ... and the state of mind I’m in.”

Andymac-47

Postby Andymac-47 » Thu May 16, 2019 6:19 am

Fuck, just walked into work and the voices of "Stop Crying Your Heart Out" are ringing round the office, bastards! Wouldn't mind, but none of these cunts are Derby.
Andymac

Return to “The Square Ball”